Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 32

  1. #9
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Call assurion not vzw (assurion is the ins company) they can do all the looking up and everything on their end.. i dont have the number handy.

    assurion is 888-881-2622 or faster at phoneclaim.com



  2. #10
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Call assurion not vzw (assurion is the ins company) they can do all the looking up and everything on their end.. i dont have the number handy.
    easier to do it online

  3. #11
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    your talking about warranty....insurance will cover it
    Well that sucks when the tour was being released I used my upgrade for my wife's phone because it got wet 2 days before the launch and I didn't try because of that. And I totally had insurance on the phone. :aargh4::duh:



  4. #12
    paymentd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    33
    Contrary to popular belief, insurance does cover water damage. Also, for the most part, you have to have 2 of your 3 liquid indicators set off before a representative will force you to do insurance.

    My recommendation, TAKE IT INTO VZW. If they say that it's water damaged, give a little push back and deny it. If they fold and give you a warranty replacement, CONGRATS! Otherwise, take the Asurion phone number and get your overnighted equipment for your deductible and consider it a good try.

    G'luck.

  5. #13
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvrne1 View Post
    assurion is 888-881-2622 or faster at phoneclaim.com
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    easier to do it online
    thanks for the number, and ya know some of us still like to talk to ppl lol :laugh2:


    Quote Originally Posted by paymentd View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, insurance does cover water damage. Also, for the most part, you have to have 2 of your 3 liquid indicators set off before a representative will force you to do insurance.

    My recommendation, TAKE IT INTO VZW. If they say that it's water damaged, give a little push back and deny it. If they fold and give you a warranty replacement, CONGRATS! Otherwise, take the Asurion phone number and get your overnighted equipment for your deductible and consider it a good try.

    G'luck.
    Nothing against you paymentd but she mentioned the watermark on the phone in the battery area is bad... vzw will replace if it was only the battery but if even one marker on the phone is faded they will not, not anymore any how..



  6. #14
    RobinM's Avatar
    RobinM is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow RobinM On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9520
    OS
    5.0.0.973
    Posts
    134
    Go for the bag of rice trick..... Give it 24hrs BUT DON'T TURN IT ON!

    P.S. Leave the hair-dryer alone as well!

    P.P.S. I hope the can was fresh!
    Last edited by RobinM; 10-25-2009 at 11:38 AM.

  7. #15
    beachbunnimom's Avatar
    beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Posts
    105
    WOW!!
    Talk about a great response!! Yes, the can was clean. I had the phone in my waste band and I bent over to pick up my daughter who was about to stick her hands in it.

    I did not try the hair dryer, though I thought of it. I've never heard the rice trick. May just do the trick! Thanks for that great advice!!

    If that fails, I will do the store, and then insurance. Where is the 3rd water marker? Battery, 1; battery compartment, 2; and 3?

    I WISH they would swap it for a Storm 2, but I know Verizon......

  8. #16
    george123ross's Avatar
    george123ross is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow george123ross On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Spain
    PIN
    30D29E43
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    129
    if you had the phoine for under a year you can get it replaced for free, i know cause i did just that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •