Thread: Facebook problems help!!!!

eishas is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Facebook problems help!!!!

For bout two or three weeks( maybe longer) my facebook app will say my "login session has expired" and I have to keep logging back in. Sometime it will let me log in and sometime it won't. It will either say "there was a problem communicating with facebook" or "could not connect because a data service is not avaiable. Please try again later. If this continues , contact your service provider for support." I don't know what else to do, I have changed my password and deleted and reinstalled facebook, battery pulls etc. I really use facebook alot and this is driving me bananas! Please someone help me!

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I've seen a lot of people having this issue but you're the one having it for the longest time, I had this problem my self for a couple of days and it just started to work again without me doing anything. What is the version of your facebook app? At the mean time I will search for some info about that issue and I will get back to you

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

urbanfreak is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Nope
    Device
    Moto Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    I too had this exact same issue when running .230 Full. The issue resolved itself after about a day without me doing anything.
    I don't know what happened, I must have missed a decimal point or something. I was never good at Math.

muydess is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    304F73B1
    Device
    Verizon 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I ran into the same issue yesterday. I tried logging into the site on my PC and same issue. It is an issue with Facebook that clears itself out. You can also try clearing your browser cache.
    Marc
    :hail:

PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of people with this problem and for most of them facebook just started to work by itself ... Some of them still have the same issue as you and some others have the issue I'm having right now, I don't receive any notifications. Just in case, try uninstalling, reboot the phone and then reinstalling, I know you already did but who knows it works now, make sure you have the latest version of the facebook app.

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of people with this problem and for most of them facebook just started to work by itself ... Some of them still have the same issue as you and some others have the issue I'm having right now, I don't receive any notifications. Just in case, try uninstalling, reboot the phone and then reinstalling, I know you already did but who knows it works now, make sure you have the latest version of the facebook app.
    Just tried what you suggested and it's still not freaking working:aargh4:.............btw i'm using the 1.7 version

nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Just an idea... are you in a area where your data coverage is spotty? cause that might be the cause for early experation and not being able to log in. just a shot in the dark. (reminds me of that verizon bb comercial. how sick are these apps... oh... you are not with verizon... / but look, papper weight mode!!!! lmao!)

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    Just an idea... are you in a area where your data coverage is spotty? cause that might be the cause for early experation and not being able to log in. just a shot in the dark. (reminds me of that verizon bb comercial. how sick are these apps... oh... you are not with verizon... / but look, papper weight mode!!!! lmao!)
    Yes I have fine coverage. and everything else is working just fine! Just this freaking Facebook . In app world it says free upgrade available and when I click on it , it says I have that version

nrw2001 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow nrw2001 On Twitter
    PIN
    305395F_ ask for the last one
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328 Wow. Just wow!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eishas View Post
    Yes I have fine coverage. and everything else is working just fine! Just this freaking Facebook . In app world it says free upgrade available and when I click on it , it says I have that version
    have you checked your Permissions for the app??? that could cause problems... but if you reinstalled that should have been fixed. I dunno man.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nrw2001 View Post
    have you checked your Permissions for the app??? that could cause problems... but if you reinstalled that should have been fixed. I dunno man.
    Just deleted it again and gonna re do again from app world!

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Should I call Verizon?

sunkast Guest
    Verizon probably wouldn't have a clue what to do. I've heard of strange issues like this regarding facebook and other users. It may be just some issue with facebook.

BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Liked
    0 times

Arrow

For bout two or three weeks( maybe longer) my facebook app will say my "login session has expired" and I have to keep logging back in. Sometime it will let me log in and sometime it won't. It will either say "there was a problem communicating with facebook" or "could not connect because a data service is not avaiable. Please try again later. If this continues , contact your service provider for support." I don't know what else to do, I have changed my password and deleted and reinstalled facebook, battery pulls etc. I really use facebook alot and this is driving me bananas! Please someone help me!

Clear all of your cache on your Storm:

From the home screen of your Storm>
    Click Browser/BB Key/Options/Cache Operations

Click Clear next to Content Cache, Pushed Content, & Cookie Cache.

Click BB Key, Close, and the clear function will be executed.

Then do a battery pull and resend your service books.

Then do three cart wheels and 10 jumping jacks lol j/k but try that and let me know how it goes for you.

PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah, so many people having issue with facebook and not only the issue you're having, there are other issues out there too ... You might have to wait a little more time to see if it starts to work by it self like what happened to me...

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BBphreak View Post
    Clear all of your cache on your Storm:

From the home screen of your Storm>
    Click Browser/BB Key/Options/Cache Operations

Click Clear next to Content Cache, Pushed Content, & Cookie Cache.

Click BB Key, Close, and the clear function will be executed.

Then do a battery pull and resend your service books.

Then do three cart wheels and 10 jumping jacks lol j/k but try that and let me know how it goes for you.
    I did that, except for the resend service books. How do I resend service books

TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Liked
    4 times
    I would also recommend checking some of the settings on your FB site. When I downloaded the new FB version 1.7 some of them changed themselves... but for me it just messed with my notifications.

Typically, Verizon doesn't support apps, but it could just be a setting on your phone. They MIGHT be able to help a little but you have better chances here.

TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Liked
    4 times
    I did that, except for the resend service books. How do I resend service books
    go to email setup and log in, hit BB menu key, select 'service books', click the blue button that says 'send service books'

Cal-El is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I think it is on Facebooks end, it happened to me and I also had trouble connecting from my home computer, It will clear itself up. They are prob doing server maint becuase of the recent hacking attempts.