Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702

    Interesting observation that was found on .323

    So I checked and it is true....

    Civic mentioned that her branding version has changed! I checked mine and sure enough it's different too! There is also a letter at the end!?!?!?

    Mine is now: 1.0.105.213A

    Civic attributes this to a possibility of a low-level flash for hardware, to may be bring up all storms to behave same???? What do you all think? I think RIM is up to something...not quite sure what! So far the changes have been better and better!

    These are both of my About screens:

    5.0.0.230


    5.0.0.323
    Last edited by olta777; 10-21-2009 at 07:42 PM.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    So I checked and it is true....

    Civic mentioned that her branding version has changed! I checked mine and sure enough it's different too! There is also a letter at the end!?!?!?

    Mine is now: 1.0.105.213A

    Civic attributes this to a possibility of a low-level flash for hardware, to may be bring up all storms to behave same???? What do you all think? I think RIM is up to something...not quite sure what! So far the changes have been better and better!
    Don't think it's a "firmware" update per se as I loaded it and then returned to my old OS (BBCM hybrid 8.5) and my branding is where it has always been. I don't believe this would be the case if it had been an actual firmware update.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    This has been discussed before. The branding number is different for every phone I believe.
    Posted via BlackBerry device



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    I think the observation being made is that the branding number actually changed for a given device when they installed the latest 5.0 leak and that perhaps a "firmware" (ie...code written into the hardware of the device, for example a change in the code recorded in an EPROM) was being updated. Don't think that is the case as it would be unlikely for it to revert back when downgrading to a different OS.
    Perhaps RIM is renumbering or expanding their branding system.
    Last edited by toytooii; 10-21-2009 at 05:54 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    For every phone yes...but mine stayed same thru all OS upgrades and all of a sudden changed with .323.


    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    This has been discussed before. The branding number is different for every phone I believe.
    Posted via BlackBerry device
    Posted via BlackBerry device



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    For every phone yes...but mine stayed same thru all OS upgrades and all of a sudden changed with .323.



    Posted via BlackBerry device
    Oh ok mis understood sorry

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    J, just for you

    These are both of my About screens:

    5.0.0.230


    5.0.0.323



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    164
    mine changed also, 1.0.105.235m is my current branding version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.