PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Am I the First to Downgrade back to .238

Okay I loved many features of .323 but as a theme developer I just can t take the landscape view any longer. So back I go. is there any on else downgrading back to .238?

And as a person who can't sit still with my OS impluses running wild, I'm back on .323
    Last edited by P3Designs; 10-23-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Surface is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30FE6F25
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Having some thoughts.....there are a few things that i already miss from .230/.238H. Might sleep on it and play with the OS some more to see if it grows on me or not.

wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Liked
    1 times
    hopefully one of the Hybrid GODS will take these files combined with others that fix the landscaping problem and create one helluva hybrid

Bboyeruga is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bboyeruga On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Okay I loved many features of .323 but as a theme developer I just can t take the landscape view any longer. So back I go. is there any on else downgrading back to .238?
    You know there is a temporary fix for the white bars in between reboots. You go to app screen>bb button>options>layout to 3 rows>save>back in and change to 2 rows>save.

This will fix the white bars until you reboot again. Hope this helps.
    BBThemeDesigns - Themes from BBoyerUGA

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    While I have liked many of the features revealed in each new 5.0 leak, they also come with a significant number of bugs. I've tried them all but really rely on having a stable and as "bugless" device as possible. So I typically revert to BBCM's hybrid V. 8.5. Hopefully, a new hybrid is in the works as it appears 5.0 is getting closer and closer...and then the app developers can update. Should be one heck of a device when that happens!
    Last edited by toytooii; 10-21-2009 at 06:36 PM.

dandiele is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    what landscape problem are you referring to, is it only with a theme? i did a wipe and no shrink just install and i have not had one issue with .323 no reboots no more messages opening in the middle of the screen and no more white bottom half of screen when i open bbm or sms's. i can also text my friend who for some reason was un-textable on .238. it had to do with his number cause i could change one digit at the end and i could txt him but his actual number wouldnt work. when id compose a msg to him i had to hit ok three or four times and it would add him that many times as a recipient.

je2345 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.0.0.167 w/ OOAK Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    i dont see what issues you guys are all having....this OS works nearly flawless! I have not had any white bar issues or anything of that nature.

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    That didnt work for me but my hd style theme works great..Amma hold down this OS for a couple days and maybe then go back to Full .230! .238 gave my baby bad battery life. Thanks for the suggestion though...

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by je2345 View Post
    i dont see what issues you guys are all having....this OS works nearly flawless! I have not had any white bar issues or anything of that nature.
    The white side bars only happen in landscape and with certain themes...no issue when using the stock theme.
    Overall, it's a really nice OS but there are certain apps that aren't compatible with any of the 5.0 operating systems, like the latest google maps update, meterberry(reset function not operable) and others that have been reported. So, for those who do not use these paticular apps/themes, this leak has some very nice improvements.

SVT Cobra is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SVT Cobra On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    I have my 8gig memory card back again!
    BB Browser STILL sucks.

I'm staying the course for now.

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I wish you well, but I went back to my favorite OS for now. When a hybid is released that makes .323 livable i'm coming back.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I wish you well, but I went back to my favorite OS for now. When a hybid is released that makes .323 livable i'm coming back.
    P3, do you have a 9530? Because I don't believe .238 leaked for it...only .230...unless you are using one of the beautiful hybrids with those files.

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Olta you are correct, I am running a hybrid. Smooches,

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Olta you are correct, I am running a hybrid. Smooches,
    I know each storm reacts different to every OS...and I believe that with .323 that is a bug, and may be that is another reason why vzw is gonna get a new build to test tomorrow. Use the one that works best for you. Hopefully something even better leaks down the road

sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    I am so sick of almost everybody saying how great an OS is when it leaks. People make them sound so great and then later discover how buggy it is. Patches made this OS sound like it was a gift from god. I don't think this OS is all that great. As a matter of fact I don't think this OS is much different then .23 except for a few corrections. I'll take a BBC hybrid over a staight OS anyday. Sorry to sound so negative but I'm just fustrated that RIM can't produce one OS that has no glitches. I'm willing to bet that the official OS that get released is still gonna have some bugs in it.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I am so sick of almost everybody saying how great an OS is when it leaks. People make them sound so great and then later discover how buggy it is. Patches made this OS sound like it was a gift from god. I don't think this OS is all that great. As a matter of fact I don't think this OS is much different then .23 except for a few corrections. I'll take a BBC hybrid over a staight OS anyday. Sorry to sound so negative but I'm just fustrated that RIM can't produce one OS that has no glitches. I'm willing to bet that the official OS that get released is still gonna have some bugs in it.
    I completely agree with you and it can be frustrating...as it feels sometimes that bugs grow on you. At the same time, I do believe storm has made significant progress since launch...remember .65? I think we just have become tired of RIM's falldowns and pretty expect bugs now in any OS...and in my opinion that is not a good quality indicator. I do hope they get it right. .323 adds more speed and smoothness, and it is great progress but just not there yet...so now I feel RIM should focus strictly on bug fixes, and not features.

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    In their (RIM's) defense, and as someone who does quite a bit of software work. These are not ment to be released (leaked) and we should not take offense when these leaks don't perform as we want. I'm not upset, I am just going to go back to what makes me happy and wait.

I sometimes have themes tested with parts missing because its easier to manage the changes this way, if the theme leaked in this state you all would think I had gone mad.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    In their (RIM's) defense, and as someone who does quite a bit of software work. These are not ment to be released (leaked) and we should not take offense when these leaks don't perform as we want. I'm not upset, I am just going to go back to what makes me happy and wait.

I sometimes have themes tested with parts missing because its easier to manage the changes this way, if the theme leaked in this state you all would think I had gone mad.
    That is also a good point...in which case a good example would be .191 OS with a non-working camera/camcoder.

1XEV Gary is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    A.S.K.
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.484 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I like both OS's but .323 is quick and smooth but on .230.....I did miss the 3G instead of 1xev

sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times

I don't agree with this at all. OS .323 was being tested at Verizon level which means that RIM said to verizon, "hey what about this as an official release?" Rim gave this OS to Verizon to test for official release. Why would they even consider this a canidate for an official relelease withe the the glitches this OS has as well as that damm White side bars with themes. That was a freaking retarded move on RIM's side. It just shows that RIM's quality control isn't that great. One great quality that the Storm has is that you can choose from different themes and customize your phone. With this OS and that damm theme glitch, it takes away from a great part of the Storm. Like I stated earlier, BBC hybrids run way better then any leaked OS that RIM has ever produced. BBC , Please save us.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast