Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

ELEC2GLIDE is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9530 storm
    OS
    419/428 hybrid
    I did go back to the .238h but have since moved back to .323 to give it another shot. The reason I moved back is that I want my weather apps to update correctly so I am going to live with the white bars for now. I am using a backup device that runs .238h now for theme testing.
    I have read and completed the following, if you go to the main applications screen and use B.B. button to get to options you can change from whatever you are on IE "1ROW, 2ROWS etc. to say the today setting save and go back to your preferred and then save again white bars are gone & home screen icons update at least that's what happens on mine using a 3rd party theme. Maybe this could help

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    just to throw a wrench into your assessment... RIM makes the software that the 3rd party themes are made from.so in fact RIM is endorsing the use of these 3rd party themes with their OS's.

the parallel with the auto maker would be like buying a new car and putting a new stereo in that was designed to work with the car just to find out it doesn't work properly.i could see the frustration.

with that being said,who knows...maybe RIM has a new cdk ready to release as soon as the 5.0 OS's are released that will address these problems.
    They do give the software out for free, but let me give you your wrench back, If the stereo is said to work with model year 2005 and you install it in your modle 2010. Who should be found at fault if it does not work correctly. You for installing the stereo or the manufacturer who made it for modle year 2005.

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by ELEC2GLIDE View Post
    I have read and completed the following, if you go to the main applications screen and use B.B. button to get to options you can change from whatever you are on IE "1ROW, 2ROWS etc. to say the today setting save and go back to your preferred and then save again white bars are gone & home screen icons update at least that's what happens on mine using a 3rd party theme. Maybe this could help

Elec, thank you for posting that, but the fix is known if you follow me on twitter you will see that I posted the fix early yesterday. My point was simply a statement of how I felt about this OS. It has some major improvements but there was a bug that was bothering me.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by ELEC2GLIDE View Post
    Good fix this is the one that I have been using and have had no problems with my 3rd party themes since then.

SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    They do give the software out for free, but let me give you your wrench back, If the stereo is said to work with model year 2005 and you install it in your modle 2010. Who should be found at fault if it does not work correctly. You for installing the stereo or the manufacturer who made it for modle year 2005.
    Ok If we're all test driving the 2010 model car pre-production model with bugs and little quarks that are being worked out and we throw on the 2005 stereo, because the 2010 stereo hasn't even been made yet, and it works for the most part just when you turn to channel 8 its all messed up....Who do you blame?.........NO ONE!!......... Its all unofficial or in production so There is really no discussion.....just my opinion...:laugh2:

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    SoCal, that was my point...you eather put your original stereo back in (which I did) or you learn to live with chanel 8 not working.

SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    SoCal, that was my point...you eather put your original stereo back in (which I did) or you learn to live with chanel 8 not working.
    :hail::hail::hail:

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    On a side not we should do a free theme together sometime Socal,

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast