Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 75

  1. #25
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    Also In RIM's defense, this is 4.7 Plazmic we are running on 5.0 OS. 5.0 Themes allow a lot more options like selectable areas of the app menu banner and icons that deselect after being focused on the home screen. On CB we were saying maybe we just need plazmic to upgrade?



  2. #26
    bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I do understand your frustration and as a theme maker, this sort of glitch would hurt my business, but the larger question is. Does this OS work out of the box. The answer is yes and very well. RIM does not promise that themes will be compatible with their OS only the stock theme needs to be compatible with this OS. We are not entitled to anything else, if this were an Official Release from RIM then you would here more grumbling but that is the reason for the disclaimer *Install at your own risk.

    I guess a parallel would be if you bought a new car and put in a new stereo that you bought off the street. If the new stereo did not work correctly would you be angry at the car manufacturer?
    Very true what i was about to say. they only have to guarantee that it will work out the box and function and do everything it says. No where it stats it will work with 3rd party/aftermarket themes or apps. No offense P3 but thats the app or theme builders job to make it work with everything. LOL Job security so to say. LOL not aimed at you P3. kind of adding and agreeing to what you said. :-)

  3. #27
    Vaffanculo403's Avatar
    Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I am sticking with 323. I went to the default theme and my phone is running better than ever. I can live without a theme for a while. If RIM is going to start offering themes in App World then I'm sure a new Plazmic is around the corner. But the theme bug is the only major bug I have in 323. Everything else is very close to perfect.
    Nametz I use your Blak-N-Orange theme and the fix I posted above works for that theme. I downloaded your orange wallpaper off the thread and saved it to my memory card. I then changed the wallpaper to the one saved on my memory card, changed the theme from 2 rows to today saved and exited, went back in changed it back to two rows saved and exited and it was all fixed. You'll have to do this after every reboot/battery pull but atleast it's a work around for now. Hope this helps!



  4. #28
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
    There's a fix for the landscape issues with themes...

    1. Change your wallpaper to something other than the theme default (if you like the theme default wallpaper download it from the thread you got your theme in if it's available and save it to your memory card and switch the wallpaper to that file) by hitting the BB Button while in the app menu and selecting options.

    2. change the layout from 2 rows to today...save and exit

    3. go back in to the option menu and change it back to 2 rows and save and exit and you should be all fixed...

    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG..You Da man Brotha!..It worked...I knew someone would figure this out..Dont know how ya did it but glad ya did:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

  5. #29
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I do understand your frustration and as a theme maker, this sort of glitch would hurt my business, but the larger question is. Does this OS work out of the box. The answer is yes and very well. RIM does not promise that themes will be compatible with their OS only the stock theme needs to be compatible with this OS. We are not entitled to anything else, if this were an Official Release from RIM then you would here more grumbling but that is the reason for the disclaimer *Install at your own risk.

    I guess a parallel would be if you bought a new car and put in a new stereo that you bought off the street. If the new stereo did not work correctly would you be angry at the car manufacturer?
    Didn't RIM buy Plazmic though a while back though?



  6. #30
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
    Nametz I use your Blak-N-Orange theme and the fix I posted above works for that theme. I downloaded your orange wallpaper off the thread and saved it to my memory card. I then changed the wallpaper to the one saved on my memory card, changed the theme from 2 rows to today saved and exited, went back in changed it back to two rows saved and exited and it was all fixed. You'll have to do this after every reboot/battery pull but atleast it's a work around for now. Hope this helps!
    I know, but I restart so much it's a pain. Plus I really like the new look of the default theme in 5.0.

  7. #31
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    RIM owns Plazmic:

    Plazmic

    Themes will work.

  8. #32
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I am sticking with 323. I went to the default theme and my phone is running better than ever. I can live without a theme for a while. If RIM is going to start offering themes in App World then I'm sure a new Plazmic is around the corner. But the theme bug is the only major bug I have in 323. Everything else is very close to perfect.
    I am sticking with 323 as well, default theme and phone is running great, better then ever. I would probably say that my 9530 works like a 9550

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •