Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 75

  1. #17
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    In their (RIM's) defense, and as someone who does quite a bit of software work. These are not ment to be released (leaked) and we should not take offense when these leaks don't perform as we want. I'm not upset, I am just going to go back to what makes me happy and wait.

    I sometimes have themes tested with parts missing because its easier to manage the changes this way, if the theme leaked in this state you all would think I had gone mad.



  2. #18
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    In their (RIM's) defense, and as someone who does quite a bit of software work. These are not ment to be released (leaked) and we should not take offense when these leaks don't perform as we want. I'm not upset, I am just going to go back to what makes me happy and wait.

    I sometimes have themes tested with parts missing because its easier to manage the changes this way, if the theme leaked in this state you all would think I had gone mad.
    That is also a good point...in which case a good example would be .191 OS with a non-working camera/camcoder.

  3. #19
    1XEV Gary is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    PIN
    A.S.K.
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.484 Hybrid
    Posts
    24
    I like both OS's but .323 is quick and smooth but on .230.....I did miss the 3G instead of 1xev



  4. #20
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    In their (RIM's) defense, and as someone who does quite a bit of software work. These are not ment to be released (leaked) and we should not take offense when these leaks don't perform as we want. I'm not upset, I am just going to go back to what makes me happy and wait.

    I sometimes have themes tested with parts missing because its easier to manage the changes this way, if the theme leaked in this state you all would think I had gone mad.
    I don't agree with this at all. OS .323 was being tested at Verizon level which means that RIM said to verizon, "hey what about this as an official release?" Rim gave this OS to Verizon to test for official release. Why would they even consider this a canidate for an official relelease withe the the glitches this OS has as well as that damm White side bars with themes. That was a freaking retarded move on RIM's side. It just shows that RIM's quality control isn't that great. One great quality that the Storm has is that you can choose from different themes and customize your phone. With this OS and that damm theme glitch, it takes away from a great part of the Storm. Like I stated earlier, BBC hybrids run way better then any leaked OS that RIM has ever produced. BBC , Please save us.

  5. #21
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. OS .323 was being tested at Verizon level which means that RIM said to verizon, "hey what about this as an official release?" Rim gave this OS to Verizon to test for official release. Why would they even consider this a canidate for an official relelease withe the the glitches this OS has as well as that damm White side bars with themes. That was a freaking retarded move on RIM's side. It just shows that RIM's quality control isn't that great. One great quality that the Storm has is that you can choose from different themes and customize your phone. With this OS and that damm theme glitch, it takes away from a great part of the Storm. Like I stated earlier, BBC hybrids run way better then any leaked OS that RIM has ever produced. BBC , Please save us.

    I do understand your frustration and as a theme maker, this sort of glitch would hurt my business, but the larger question is. Does this OS work out of the box. The answer is yes and very well. RIM does not promise that themes will be compatible with their OS only the stock theme needs to be compatible with this OS. We are not entitled to anything else, if this were an Official Release from RIM then you would here more grumbling but that is the reason for the disclaimer *Install at your own risk.

    I guess a parallel would be if you bought a new car and put in a new stereo that you bought off the street. If the new stereo did not work correctly would you be angry at the car manufacturer?



  6. #22
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I do understand your frustration and as a theme maker, this sort of glitch would hurt my business, but the larger question is. Does this OS work out of the box. The answer is yes and very well. RIM does not promise that themes will be compatible with their OS only the stock theme needs to be compatible with this OS. We are not entitled to anything else, if this were an Official Release from RIM then you would here more grumbling but that is the reason for the disclaimer *Install at your own risk.

    I guess a parallel would be if you bought a new car and put in a new stereo that you bought off the street. If the new stereo did not work correctly would you be angry at the car manufacturer?

    You make PERFECT sense. Its all about "Stock features" being "compatible" with "Official OS" anything else ...is a plus

  7. #23
    Vaffanculo403's Avatar
    Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    184
    There's a fix for the landscape issues with themes...

    1. Change your wallpaper to something other than the theme default (if you like the theme default wallpaper download it from the thread you got your theme in if it's available and save it to your memory card and switch the wallpaper to that file) by hitting the BB Button while in the app menu and selecting options.

    2. change the layout from 2 rows to today...save and exit

    3. go back in to the option menu and change it back to 2 rows and save and exit and you should be all fixed...

  8. #24
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,210
    I am sticking with 323. I went to the default theme and my phone is running better than ever. I can live without a theme for a while. If RIM is going to start offering themes in App World then I'm sure a new Plazmic is around the corner. But the theme bug is the only major bug I have in 323. Everything else is very close to perfect.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •