gspot is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3052FF50
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The only real issue ive had is I keep getting duplicate text messages. I recieved one text eight times intermittently over several hours

TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Its not just that.. there are still issues with it not saving core settings... apn.. my SS wont save my log in after I log out every time I have to re type usernames.
    Log out, or close the app? That sounds to me like a SS problem Try UT its better anyways!

cawty is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid v.3.5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I do understand your frustration and as a theme maker, this sort of glitch would hurt my business, but the larger question is. Does this OS work out of the box. The answer is yes and very well. RIM does not promise that themes will be compatible with their OS only the stock theme needs to be compatible with this OS. We are not entitled to anything else, if this were an Official Release from RIM then you would here more grumbling but that is the reason for the disclaimer *Install at your own risk.

I guess a parallel would be if you bought a new car and put in a new stereo that you bought off the street. If the new stereo did not work correctly would you be angry at the car manufacturer?
    very well said p3, i agree with that. give a inch then we all want a mile.

the BB movement.... yes sir.

Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by basilb View Post
    I installed this 323 leak and had several problems one problem was the display in landscape, so I searched around for a hybrid and I found one that included about 100 files from 323, installs over 230 and has a little of 238, 287 and I think 296 and it is working really smooth. You have to search around for it.

:hail:

Seriously? Do you have a link by chance?

Bboyeruga is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bboyeruga On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I know, but I restart so much it's a pain. Plus I really like the new look of the default theme in 5.0.
    Really? I haven't restarted since install (not even the 3 bp to set the os straight) and I've never seen the loading icon at all. I'm currently at 8mb and my phone is just as fast as ever. That with the SMS fix I have not found a single issue wrong with my phone. It makes me almost reconsider getting the Storm 2 when it comes out...
    BBThemeDesigns - Themes from BBoyerUGA

Bboyeruga is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bboyeruga On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gspot View Post
    The only real issue ive had is I keep getting duplicate text messages. I recieved one text eight times intermittently over several hours
    This can be from their carrier's service in their area or your service. I haven't received any messages multiple times and i send/receive hundreds a day. Sometimes if you have low service or the person you are texting does, it will send multiple times.
    BBThemeDesigns - Themes from BBoyerUGA

causey is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAK's .425 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    an easier fix for the theme bug, is to click on theme defaults...it opens another window, just check the box that says layout, leave the rest unchecked, then save out.....just 1 less step then changing, saving, then changing again :-P
    Fallen, broken. Simply dissolved into an incomplete thought.
    An empty shell, cracked, and disfigured. With no remorse,
    I have been blinded by the darkness. With no disdain,
    I have received my punishment. And with no haste, I await them.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by Bboyeruga
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I know, but I restart so much it's a pain. Plus I really like the new look of the default theme in 5.0.
    Really? I haven't restarted since install (not even the 3 bp to set the os straight) and I've never seen the loading icon at all. I'm currently at 8mb and my phone is just as fast as ever. That with the SMS fix I have not found a single issue wrong with my phone. It makes me almost reconsider getting the Storm 2 when it comes out...
    I don't restart because of memory. I am always doing stuff on my phone. Playing around with apps and deleting them. I don't worry about memory. Especially with the 5.0 builds.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay I loved many features of .323 but as a theme developer I just can t take the landscape view any longer. So back I go. is there any on else downgrading back to .238?
    Not me, I'm staying put for now. Everything I want is working very well. I like my themes, but for work, they're not essential.

With 323 my figgin hardware seems to work even better. Don't ask me how, it just seems like everything is working like I wanted it to work when I bought the Storm.

I understand that everyone has their hot buttons that they just can't live without, for me, a working phone is what I need, and now I have one. 323 has allowed me to put the Curve back into retirement. I think the Curve is getting pretty sick of being pulled out everytime there's an issue with the Storm anyway. It hasn't said anything, but you know that look it gives you, well I was getting that look.

Anyway, 323, almost there guys. Best so far. Now I wonder what the hybrid guys are doing..............hmmmmmmmmm.:cool2:

ELEC2GLIDE is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9530 storm
    OS
    419/428 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Drama- Drama-Drama, It's a leaked O.S. not an "Official Release". I have been using it for 3 days and it works very well but yes it has a bug or two. Stay with .148 if you want, until the Verizon man sends you an update. I think any 5.0 O.S. kicks butt on any previous versions and .323 is the best so far. I personally enjoy experimenting with the new builds. :Eyecrazy:
    Last edited by MePascal; 10-23-2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Edit for policy violation

sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    First off, no one is whining. All they are doing is voicing there personal experience and feelings. Second if you knew anything it would be that even if VZ released an official OS, I'm willing to guarantee that it will still have bugs to it. I mean just look at the garbage that they have released as official before. I'm also debating on whether to downgrade back down to BBC V8.5. This OS is good but it sure is far from great. Not to mention that the memory management on this OS sucks more then any past OS. I have never been as low on memory as I have on this OS.
    Last edited by MePascal; 10-23-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Issue was resolved.

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times

Thumbs up It's All Good

I think I have been able to take care of it sezaro21 :cop:

Let's keep things civil. Thank you all for posting. :biglaugh:

Device
    9530 storm
    OS
    419/428 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    It sure does seem like folks are quick to complain. I have used and installed every leaked O.S. and .323 is by far the best. I do realize you have a lot of variables from phone to phone which causes huge differences in performance and memory usage. That said it's not always the O.S. it could be the theme or your 3rd party Apps as posted several times by others. I have been using NATEMZ's themes, currently the "Blak" series and have had great success except for home screen icons updating, but even that works on .323 now. Sorry for being somewhat abrasive, but just stating my opinion also.
    9530 Storm / .419/.428 Lry's Hybrid /NATEMZ ProV4 & BLAK

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ELEC2GLIDE View Post
    It sure does seem like folks are quick to complain. I have used and installed every leaked O.S. and .323 is by far the best. I do realize you have a lot of variables from phone to phone which causes huge differences in performance and memory usage. That said it's not always the O.S. it could be the theme or your 3rd party Apps as posted several times by others. I have been using NATEMZ's themes, currently the "Blak" series and have had great success except for home screen icons updating, but even that works on .323 now. Sorry for being somewhat abrasive, but just stating my opinion also.
    There are many ways to state your opinion, being abrasive is a choice, and one too many people chose on the internet. But I believe that this thread needs to stay on the topic that I originally posted.

I did go back to the .238h but have since moved back to .323 to give it another shot. The reason I moved back is that I want my weather apps to update correctly so I am going to live with the white bars for now. I am using a backup device that runs .238h now for theme testing.

Cheers and keep it civil.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I do understand your frustration and as a theme maker, this sort of glitch would hurt my business, but the larger question is. Does this OS work out of the box. The answer is yes and very well. RIM does not promise that themes will be compatible with their OS only the stock theme needs to be compatible with this OS. We are not entitled to anything else, if this were an Official Release from RIM then you would here more grumbling but that is the reason for the disclaimer *Install at your own risk.

I guess a parallel would be if you bought a new car and put in a new stereo that you bought off the street. If the new stereo did not work correctly would you be angry at the car manufacturer?
    just to throw a wrench into your assessment... RIM makes the software that the 3rd party themes are made from.so in fact RIM is endorsing the use of these 3rd party themes with their OS's.

the parallel with the auto maker would be like buying a new car and putting a new stereo in that was designed to work with the car just to find out it doesn't work properly.i could see the frustration.

with that being said,who knows...maybe RIM has a new cdk ready to release as soon as the 5.0 OS's are released that will address these problems.
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    just to throw a wrench into your assessment... RIM makes the software that the 3rd party themes are made from.so in fact RIM is endorsing the use of these 3rd party themes with their OS's.

the parallel with the auto maker would be like buying a new car and putting a new stereo in that was designed to work with the car just to find out it doesn't work properly.i could see the frustration.

with that being said,who knows...maybe RIM has a new cdk ready to release as soon as the 5.0 OS's are released that will address these problems.
    rim does make the program but they dont support you device if its got one.. they tell you it is the cause.. which is probably part of the reason they are going to sell them now lol.

Device
    9530 storm
    OS
    419/428 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I did go back to the .238h but have since moved back to .323 to give it another shot. The reason I moved back is that I want my weather apps to update correctly so I am going to live with the white bars for now. I am using a backup device that runs .238h now for theme testing.
    I have read and completed the following, if you go to the main applications screen and use B.B. button to get to options you can change from whatever you are on IE "1ROW, 2ROWS etc. to say the today setting save and go back to your preferred and then save again white bars are gone & home screen icons update at least that's what happens on mine using a 3rd party theme. Maybe this could help
    9530 Storm / .419/.428 Lry's Hybrid /NATEMZ ProV4 & BLAK

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post

They do give the software out for free, but let me give you your wrench back, If the stereo is said to work with model year 2005 and you install it in your modle 2010. Who should be found at fault if it does not work correctly. You for installing the stereo or the manufacturer who made it for modle year 2005.

PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I have read and completed the following, if you go to the main applications screen and use B.B. button to get to options you can change from whatever you are on IE "1ROW, 2ROWS etc. to say the today setting save and go back to your preferred and then save again white bars are gone & home screen icons update at least that's what happens on mine using a 3rd party theme. Maybe this could help

Elec, thank you for posting that, but the fix is known if you follow me on twitter you will see that I posted the fix early yesterday. My point was simply a statement of how I felt about this OS. It has some major improvements but there was a bug that was bothering me.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Good fix this is the one that I have been using and have had no problems with my 3rd party themes since then.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast