PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. OS .323 was being tested at Verizon level which means that RIM said to verizon, "hey what about this as an official release?" Rim gave this OS to Verizon to test for official release. Why would they even consider this a canidate for an official relelease withe the the glitches this OS has as well as that damm White side bars with themes. That was a freaking retarded move on RIM's side. It just shows that RIM's quality control isn't that great. One great quality that the Storm has is that you can choose from different themes and customize your phone. With this OS and that damm theme glitch, it takes away from a great part of the Storm. Like I stated earlier, BBC hybrids run way better then any leaked OS that RIM has ever produced. BBC , Please save us.

I do understand your frustration and as a theme maker, this sort of glitch would hurt my business, but the larger question is. Does this OS work out of the box. The answer is yes and very well. RIM does not promise that themes will be compatible with their OS only the stock theme needs to be compatible with this OS. We are not entitled to anything else, if this were an Official Release from RIM then you would here more grumbling but that is the reason for the disclaimer *Install at your own risk.

I guess a parallel would be if you bought a new car and put in a new stereo that you bought off the street. If the new stereo did not work correctly would you be angry at the car manufacturer?

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I do understand your frustration and as a theme maker, this sort of glitch would hurt my business, but the larger question is. Does this OS work out of the box. The answer is yes and very well. RIM does not promise that themes will be compatible with their OS only the stock theme needs to be compatible with this OS. We are not entitled to anything else, if this were an Official Release from RIM then you would here more grumbling but that is the reason for the disclaimer *Install at your own risk.

I guess a parallel would be if you bought a new car and put in a new stereo that you bought off the street. If the new stereo did not work correctly would you be angry at the car manufacturer?

You make PERFECT sense. Its all about "Stock features" being "compatible" with "Official OS" anything else ...is a plus

Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    There's a fix for the landscape issues with themes...

1. Change your wallpaper to something other than the theme default (if you like the theme default wallpaper download it from the thread you got your theme in if it's available and save it to your memory card and switch the wallpaper to that file) by hitting the BB Button while in the app menu and selecting options.

2. change the layout from 2 rows to today...save and exit

3. go back in to the option menu and change it back to 2 rows and save and exit and you should be all fixed...

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    I am sticking with 323. I went to the default theme and my phone is running better than ever. I can live without a theme for a while. If RIM is going to start offering themes in App World then I'm sure a new Plazmic is around the corner. But the theme bug is the only major bug I have in 323. Everything else is very close to perfect.

SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Liked
    0 times
    Also In RIM's defense, this is 4.7 Plazmic we are running on 5.0 OS. 5.0 Themes allow a lot more options like selectable areas of the app menu banner and icons that deselect after being focused on the home screen. On CB we were saying maybe we just need plazmic to upgrade?
    Underground Themer :240:
    Try out my themes-->So Professional , Buuf-Berry , Zen Hybrid 5.0 , iBB SLIDEr

bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Very true what i was about to say. they only have to guarantee that it will work out the box and function and do everything it says. No where it stats it will work with 3rd party/aftermarket themes or apps. No offense P3 but thats the app or theme builders job to make it work with everything. LOL Job security so to say. LOL not aimed at you P3. kind of adding and agreeing to what you said. :-)

Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I am sticking with 323. I went to the default theme and my phone is running better than ever. I can live without a theme for a while. If RIM is going to start offering themes in App World then I'm sure a new Plazmic is around the corner. But the theme bug is the only major bug I have in 323. Everything else is very close to perfect.
    Nametz I use your Blak-N-Orange theme and the fix I posted above works for that theme. I downloaded your orange wallpaper off the thread and saved it to my memory card. I then changed the wallpaper to the one saved on my memory card, changed the theme from 2 rows to today saved and exited, went back in changed it back to two rows saved and exited and it was all fixed. You'll have to do this after every reboot/battery pull but atleast it's a work around for now. Hope this helps!

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post

1. Change your wallpaper to something other than the theme default (if you like the theme default wallpaper download it from the thread you got your theme in if it's available and save it to your memory card and switch the wallpaper to that file) by hitting the BB Button while in the app menu and selecting options.

3. go back in to the option menu and change it back to 2 rows and save and exit and you should be all fixed...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG..You Da man Brotha!..It worked...I knew someone would figure this out..Dont know how ya did it but glad ya did:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Liked
    0 times

Didn't RIM buy Plazmic though a while back though?

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Nametz I use your Blak-N-Orange theme and the fix I posted above works for that theme. I downloaded your orange wallpaper off the thread and saved it to my memory card. I then changed the wallpaper to the one saved on my memory card, changed the theme from 2 rows to today saved and exited, went back in changed it back to two rows saved and exited and it was all fixed. You'll have to do this after every reboot/battery pull but atleast it's a work around for now. Hope this helps!
    I know, but I restart so much it's a pain. Plus I really like the new look of the default theme in 5.0.

PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Liked
    0 times
    RIM owns Plazmic:

Plazmic

Themes will work.

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I am sticking with 323 as well, default theme and phone is running great, better then ever. I would probably say that my 9530 works like a 9550

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (BB Bold 9000)

Quote Originally Posted by wolvrne1
    hopefully one of the Hybrid GODS will take these files combined with others that fix the landscaping problem and create one helluva hybrid
    It will happen, give it some time...a new Bold hybrid is being developed right now but I'm sure a new .230/.238/.323 Storm will come out, I believe there is already a .323 hybrid out there- search around.

sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Holy Cow, That worked for me as well. Thanks man.:beerchug::hail::bigok::You_Rock_Emoticon:

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks! It worked! I love my themes. I get to pc and you get rep points

Posted via BlackBerry device

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree. I am having second thoughts...if it wasn't for this darn click

Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4 View Post
    I am sticking with 323 as well, default theme and phone is running great, better then ever. I would probably say that my 9530 works like a 9550
    Posted via BlackBerry device

gspot is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3052FF50
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. OS .323 was being tested at Verizon level which means that RIM said to verizon, "hey what about this as an official release?" Rim gave this OS to Verizon to test for official release. Why would they even consider this a canidate for an official relelease withe the the glitches this OS has as well as that damm White side bars with themes. That was a freaking retarded move on RIM's side. It just shows that RIM's quality control isn't that great. One great quality that the Storm has is that you can choose from different themes and customize your phone. With this OS and that damm theme glitch, it takes away from a great part of the Storm. Like I stated earlier, BBC hybrids run way better then any leaked OS that RIM has ever produced. BBC , Please save us.
    The white side bars to the themes are a result of offering new options to theme developers to have multiple configurations of one theme in one file. 2 rows, 3 rows etc. dont have to be seperate theme files. I'm not sure if plazmic has been updated yet but im sure you will see this functionality added for the update.

Id say its the themes that need to catch up not the os

basilb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    BOLD 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

search for hybrid

I installed this 323 leak and had several problems one problem was the display in landscape, so I searched around for a hybrid and I found one that included about 100 files from 323, installs over 230 and has a little of 238, 287 and I think 296 and it is working really smooth. You have to search around for it.

:hail:

TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Liked
    4 times
    VZW doesn't support themes or 3rd party apps - this includes apps that they push to the phone.

The only problem with this OS is with themes. So if they don't support themes, why should the RIM quality department reject it for not working with OLD themes? They would be FOOLS to reject something this good just because of that.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    VZW doesn't support themes or 3rd party apps - this includes apps that they push to the phone.

The only problem with this OS is with themes. So if they don't support themes, why should the RIM quality department reject it for not working with OLD themes? They would be FOOLS to reject something this good just because of that.
    Its not just that.. there are still issues with it not saving core settings... apn.. my SS wont save my log in after I log out every time I have to re type usernames.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast