PIN
    3063029A
    Device
    Storm (9530)
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

E-mail on the storm

I recently got my first Blackberry, a 9530, after using it for about 2 weeks I've run int a little bit of an issue.

I have multiple e-mail accounts set up on my Blackberry (BIS) so that I can send e-mails from different accounts when they fit the e-mail (school, work, personal, etc).

So that I can take advantage of push e-mail, I have my various e-mails forwarded to my GMail account. If I receive an e-mail from work, it is pushed courtesy of GMail, but then I can only reply to that e-mail from my GMail address. GMail is the only available choice in the dropdown menu at the top of the e-mail. (When I write an e-mail without replying I have all of my accounts listed)

Is there any way to set up the accounts so that I can reply from any account, not just the one that it was pushed from?

Hopefully someone here either has a workaround or another suggestion.

tia

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4gyt View Post
    I recently got my first Blackberry, a 9530, after using it for about 2 weeks I've run int a little bit of an issue.

I have multiple e-mail accounts set up on my Blackberry (BIS) so that I can send e-mails from different accounts when they fit the e-mail (school, work, personal, etc).

So that I can take advantage of push e-mail, I have my various e-mails forwarded to my GMail account. If I receive an e-mail from work, it is pushed courtesy of GMail, but then I can only reply to that e-mail from my GMail address. GMail is the only available choice in the dropdown menu at the top of the e-mail. (When I write an e-mail without replying I have all of my accounts listed)

Is there any way to set up the accounts so that I can reply from any account, not just the one that it was pushed from?

tia
    Good morning kg4gyt, welcome to BlackBerryOS!

From my understanding that is done for security reasons as well as to keep your email and responses seperate from one another for easy identification as to which account they originated. Even though they all go to your message folder they are truly seperate.

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4gyt View Post

tia
    So what you are saying all e-mail accounts you have setup are pushed to gmail on the storm, and when you open the g-mail icon for this account to reply you cant change the sent from, they all send or reply form gmail... Right

I am assuming by the statement above you have setup all the different e-mail accounts on the storm seperatly since you say you can originate an email from any of the accounts.
    If you open tne icon Messages (the one that holds all messages) do the gmail messages show up there also. I would think you should be able to view and forward the messages from the Messages app without problem. You just may have to hide the gmail icon and just use the Messages icon for what you wnat to do.
    Let me know if that works