Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyJrod View Post
    My bad, I thought it was policy to closed thread that were dug up from ages ago.
    Thanks a lot for re-opening the thread :->

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy6395 View Post
    I use a non BES/BIS device, and as a matter of fact, blackberry is not supported in my country :-(
    But my problem is that whenever I pull my battery out, IM+ and every other apps which need to be connected to the internet works perfectly fine, but after some hours it seems like that the ability to connect to the internet is disappeared and i have to pull the battery again, even in an app like TuneIn Radio, although i set the settings to wifi only, the same thing happens to that too!
    The point is that after pulling the battery, even if i leave the APN empty, i don't have any problems connecting! I've got Torch, but the problem seems to be exactly the same!
    I have the EXACT same problem, though with Trillian and TuneIn. After a battery pull, they work fine, but after a while they stop. It would be great to find a solution to this...

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    You mean you don't have the problem with for example IM+ ?
    My problem is as i told, although i've set my TuneIn to connect through wifi, in the first hours after battery pull it works fine with mobile network being disabled, but after that the problem appears and TuneIn says "WiFi connection is present but not working properly" and won't connect untill the battery pull!
    I've got the same problem with all my apps that somehow connect to the internet, such as eBuddy, Nimbuzz, Bolt, Opera, etc!
    It seems that my BB decides not to connect at all till the next wake up! except for the BB Browser which can't support my needs.

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    You mean you don't have the problem with for example IM+ ?
    My problem is as i told, although i've set my TuneIn to connect through wifi, in the first hours after battery pull it works fine with mobile network being disabled, but after that the problem appears and TuneIn says "WiFi connection is present but not working properly" and won't connect untill the battery pull!
    I've got the same problem with all my apps that somehow connect to the internet, such as eBuddy, Nimbuzz, Bolt, Opera, etc!
    It seems that my BB decides not to connect at all till the next wake up! except for the BB Browser which can't support my needs.
    I don't use IM+, I have Trillian (much better IMHO, I've tried both)
    But other than that, I have the same problem. I would like to add App World to that list, because it has the same problem...

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    What's your BB and also the OS?
    I'm using Torch and 6.0.0.570 (probably upgrading to 576 tonight), but i think it's not a specific model related problem, one of my friend whose got a 9700 Bold, has the same problem!
    I've been thinking that since my smartphone is a non BES/BIS, editing some service books according to my carrier settings and restore them to my phone might help, so i edited some, but unfortunately SB restore won't work on my phone since i've done an upgrade to v.570

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    What's your BB and also the OS?
    I'm using Torch and 6.0.0.570 (probably upgrading to 576 tonight), but i think it's not a specific model related problem, one of my friend whose got a 9700 Bold, has the same problem!
    I've been thinking that since my smartphone is a non BES/BIS, editing some service books according to my carrier settings and restore them to my phone might help, so i edited some, but unfortunately SB restore won't work on my phone since i've done an upgrade to v.570
    Its certainly not a device-specific bug...I'm on an 8520 with OS 5.0.0.1036 (been meaning to update soon, but haven't gotten the time to do so).
    I don't think its a service book error, as if it was Wifi wouldn't work from the start.
    If you have some spare time, try reinstalling the OS, and tell me if that works (I would do it, but as I told you, I have no time).
    If you don't have time either, don't reinstall it. I don't want to take away any of your time

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    I found this problem when i tried to restore some SBs to make my BB Browser work without WiFi, before that it wasn't like restarting each time or it's better to say each day to connect to the internet, this is the reason i thought it may be related to SB, but after wiping the device and upgrading to newer OS, why the problem still persists?!!
    But I think giving the upgrade one more shot, won't hurt anyone :-D and maybe help some others too :-)
    So, will be back after the upgrade

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    I found this problem when i tried to restore some SBs to make my BB Browser work without WiFi, before that it wasn't like restarting each time or it's better to say each day to connect to the internet, this is the reason i thought it may be related to SB, but after wiping the device and upgrading to newer OS, why the problem still persists?!!
    But I think giving the upgrade one more shot, won't hurt anyone :-D and maybe help some others too :-)
    So, will be back after the upgrade
    Wait...do you have BIS/BES? If you do, don't backup your service books (Alright, make 2 backups, one with the service books and one without, just in case ).
    Then we can see if the problem is really with the service books. If the problem is gone, you can just resend the service books, so no harm done. Plus, you have a backup of them, which is good thinking in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to do this so everyone can benefit!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast