PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    What's your BB and also the OS?
    I'm using Torch and 6.0.0.570 (probably upgrading to 576 tonight), but i think it's not a specific model related problem, one of my friend whose got a 9700 Bold, has the same problem!
    I've been thinking that since my smartphone is a non BES/BIS, editing some service books according to my carrier settings and restore them to my phone might help, so i edited some, but unfortunately SB restore won't work on my phone since i've done an upgrade to v.570

sabisgeek is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy6395 View Post
    What's your BB and also the OS?
    I'm using Torch and 6.0.0.570 (probably upgrading to 576 tonight), but i think it's not a specific model related problem, one of my friend whose got a 9700 Bold, has the same problem!
    I've been thinking that since my smartphone is a non BES/BIS, editing some service books according to my carrier settings and restore them to my phone might help, so i edited some, but unfortunately SB restore won't work on my phone since i've done an upgrade to v.570
    Its certainly not a device-specific bug...I'm on an 8520 with OS 5.0.0.1036 (been meaning to update soon, but haven't gotten the time to do so).
    I don't think its a service book error, as if it was Wifi wouldn't work from the start.
    If you have some spare time, try reinstalling the OS, and tell me if that works (I would do it, but as I told you, I have no time).
    If you don't have time either, don't reinstall it. I don't want to take away any of your time

crazy6395 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I found this problem when i tried to restore some SBs to make my BB Browser work without WiFi, before that it wasn't like restarting each time or it's better to say each day to connect to the internet, this is the reason i thought it may be related to SB, but after wiping the device and upgrading to newer OS, why the problem still persists?!!
    But I think giving the upgrade one more shot, won't hurt anyone :-D and maybe help some others too :-)
    So, will be back after the upgrade
    sabisgeek likes this.

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    Liked
    91 times
    I found this problem when i tried to restore some SBs to make my BB Browser work without WiFi, before that it wasn't like restarting each time or it's better to say each day to connect to the internet, this is the reason i thought it may be related to SB, but after wiping the device and upgrading to newer OS, why the problem still persists?!!
    But I think giving the upgrade one more shot, won't hurt anyone :-D and maybe help some others too :-)
    So, will be back after the upgrade
    Wait...do you have BIS/BES? If you do, don't backup your service books (Alright, make 2 backups, one with the service books and one without, just in case ).
    Then we can see if the problem is really with the service books. If the problem is gone, you can just resend the service books, so no harm done. Plus, you have a backup of them, which is good thinking in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to do this so everyone can benefit!

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    No I don't have BIS/BES, and though the service books are not important anymore, in fact i'v just got 2 service books in my device options:
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [Browser Config]
    And i don't think these two even worth backing up :-D because they come with your device as default.
    I'll be glad if i can help anyone

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    Liked
    91 times
    No I don't have BIS/BES, and though the service books are not important anymore, in fact i'v just got 2 service books in my device options:
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [Browser Config]
    And i don't think these two even worth backing up :-D because they come with your device as default.
    I'll be glad if i can help anyone
    Then it should be okay...the service books are automatically installed so you won't need to back them up.

Off topic: Yayy! Another BB user that doesn't have a data plan! I'm not alone after all!

TheOnlyJrod is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    The "New" AT&T
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sabisgeek View Post
    Off topic: Yayy! Another BB user that doesn't have a data plan! I'm not alone after all!
    Maybe yall should read this! lol

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyJrod View Post
    Having no data plan on a BlackBerry is like not having no syrup on a pancake, or eating ice cream without a spoon.

While there is a few things you can do like use the browser, ect. You are limited to wifi access.

I heard that some carriers will offer a day to day or week to week BIS data plan if you are strapped for cash and looking for temporary access.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    But, what about the battery pull? Does pulling the battery manipulate the phone that it has BES/BIS for some hours?!

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1498 times
    But, what about the battery pull? Does pulling the battery manipulate the phone that it has BES/BIS for some hours?!
    No, a battery is generally is used to refresh the operating system on the device. A battery pull will not affect data service, only while the phone is turned off.

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    Having no data plan on a BlackBerry is like not having no syrup on a pancake, or eating ice cream without a spoon.

While there is a few things you can do like use the browser, ect. You are limited to wifi access.

I heard that some carriers will offer a day to day or week to week BIS data plan if you are strapped for cash and looking for temporary access.
    I know...please don't make me cry now
    I used to have one, actually, but school got tough, and my data plan wasn't tough enough to survive. Maybe next time

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyJrod View Post
    I did actually. All it did was make me slap my head for removing the data plan

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Hmmm...i've upgraded the OS and removed the SIM since then, yeah it connects everytime i try, tough i haven't tried yet but i'm almost sure that for the next 5 hours after putting the SIM back it will do so, and after that i need a battery pull! [But still hope this won't happen ]
    I know that the reason is i don't have any specific data plans, but why it connects at first and then stops? i have some ideas but i'm not sure about any of 'em...

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1498 times
    Hmmm...i've upgraded the OS and removed the SIM since then, yeah it connects everytime i try, tough i haven't tried yet but i'm almost sure that for the next 5 hours after putting the SIM back it will do so, and after that i need a battery pull! [But still hope this won't happen ]
    I know that the reason is i don't have any specific data plans, but why it connects at first and then stops? i have some ideas but i'm not sure about any of 'em...
    What do you think it is?

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    First of all maybe it's a bug that when you don't have any specific data plan, you can't use any regular data plans...for the first hours after restarting the device, it tries to find the defined BES/BIS server and I can use regular GPRS, but after that since I don't have any specific ones, it can't connect anymore...something like that :-D

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Today, i was listening TuneIn with WiFi and it was a leisuring "after-pull" time when the phone lost the radio signal and after that, guess what!? I couldn't use neither WiFi nor GPRS...

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    Liked
    91 times
    Today, i was listening TuneIn with WiFi and it was a leisuring "after-pull" time when the phone lost the radio signal and after that, guess what!? I couldn't use neither WiFi nor GPRS...
    I still have that problem, but I get my edge
    Try resetting the connections (ie turning them all off, then turning them back on)

So upgrading didn't solve the problem?

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sabisgeek View Post
    I still have that problem, but I get my edge
    Try resetting the connections (ie turning them all off, then turning them back on)

So upgrading didn't solve the problem?
    I've tried that so many times but it seems like a lock which only battery pull can unlock!
    And upgrade couldn't solve that too, maybe in this new 6.0.0.600 they've fixed that but I haven't installed it yet

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Du
    Liked
    91 times
    I've tried that so many times but it seems like a lock which only battery pull can unlock!
    And upgrade couldn't solve that too, maybe in this new 6.0.0.600 they've fixed that but I haven't installed it yet
    I haven't got the time to upgrade either

Anyone got any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12