Dead BBStorm?

Thread: Dead BBStorm?

thedevilz is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm
    Liked
    0 times

Dead BBStorm?

So I get this awesome storm, play around get music etc.. Two days ago the screen went crazy "mirrored image of the screen, inverted view, glitchy" and then the screen went black completely, forcing me to reset the device to have it function properly again. It continued to do this until I called customer service which had me do a wipe.

Well today it did the same thing as it was earlier, so I used the software updater on my PC to DOWNGRADE to see if that would help as opposed to upgrading, so i went down a version in the updater, and it was going through the process but came up to "cannot download software version at this time" message in the process of downgrading, well I hit retry again and again, still same message, it wouldn't download and implant to the device, so I had to click cancel, and it said software was not properly etc. I dont remember exactly but you get the picture..

Now I have a phone with a black screen, unable to be recognized by my pc.. Was going to put .151 on it using apploader but when it reads device service info, it pulls up the next screen where I "should" be able to install the new OS, it says "the blackberry desktop software does not have the blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Call your blablabla"

Is this thing dead? Or can I resurrect it? :aargh4:

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thedevilz View Post
    So I get this awesome storm, play around get music etc.. Two days ago the screen went crazy "mirrored image of the screen, inverted view, glitchy" and then the screen went black completely, forcing me to reset the device to have it function properly again. It continued to do this until I called customer service which had me do a wipe.

Well today it did the same thing as it was earlier, so I used the software updater on my PC to DOWNGRADE to see if that would help as opposed to upgrading, so i went down a version in the updater, and it was going through the process but came up to "cannot download software version at this time" message in the process of downgrading, well I hit retry again and again, still same message, it wouldn't download and implant to the device, so I had to click cancel, and it said software was not properly etc. I dont remember exactly but you get the picture..

Now I have a phone with a black screen, unable to be recognized by my pc.. Was going to put .151 on it using apploader but when it reads device service info, it pulls up the next screen where I "should" be able to install the new OS, it says "the blackberry desktop software does not have the blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Call your blablabla"

Is this thing dead? Or can I resurrect it? :aargh4:
    First, welcome to !

Second, which OS did you install? Were you sure to delete the vendor.xml file from the loader folder?

Regardless, I would be sure and install BBSAK 1.6 and perform a device wipe. If you are still having trouble with the PC failing to recognize the device, try to connect the Storm to your PC with the battery removed. Once the connection is established, you should be home free.

Wipe the device in BBSAK and wait for the "Wipe Completed" message. From there, make sure whatever OS you have installed does not have the RIM Tools installed, OR the vendor.xml file (unless this is the carrier approved version for your phone downloaded from their site). Open Loader and install your OS.

Let us know!
    Last edited by TemperamentalMan; 10-19-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Device
    BlackBerry Storm
    Liked
    0 times
    how do i check for/clear the rim tools?

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    how do i check for/clear the rim tools?
    IF it's installed, it will show up on your PC under Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. I'm not sure which OS you downloaded and from which site. There are several versions floating around. Some have the RIM tools as part of the installer package and some don't. If it's listed under Add/Remove Programs simply remove it from your PC. It may/may not require a restart.

Device
    BlackBerry Storm
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, didn't recognize with the battery in.. So I took it out. Plugged in the device w/o bat., and it's cycling through usb connect/disconnects... I hear the nice little usb ding off and on and the LED follows, off and on. Ahhhh this is so aggravating! Im starting to lose hope!

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Okay, didn't recognize with the battery in.. So I took it out. Plugged in the device w/o bat., and it's cycling through usb connect/disconnects... I hear the nice little usb ding off and on and the LED follows, off and on. Ahhhh this is so aggravating! Im starting to lose hope!
    Once the PC starts to recognize the device reinsert the battery.

Also, there are several threads here from nuked berries...

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/r...ete-guide.html

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-pictures.html

Take a look through those. They go into great detail on restoring your device.