Looking for opinions on storm armbands..
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Looking for opinions on storm armbands..

  1. #1
    rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times

    Question Looking for opinions on storm armbands..

    My MP3 player stopped working while at the gym..Looking for opinions on storm armbands..




  2. #2
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't honestly know anything about such products, but this guy over on Amazon said the one i'm linking to worked perfectly with his Tour. And since the dimensions are similar.........

    Amazon.com: Tune Belt Sport Armband for iPhone and More (Fits iPhone 3G, 3GS, 1G & 2G; Blackberry Bold, Curve, Storm & Tour; Nokia N97; Palm Pre and many more): Electronics

  3. #3
    FuzzieBalzonya's Avatar
    FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    out west
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    112
    Liked
    0 times
    I have used the one i got with my motorola s9 stereo bt headset. it has worked well.
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

  4. #4
    rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzieBalzonya View Post
    I have used the one i got with my motorola s9 stereo bt headset. it has worked well.
    I looked on Verizon's site and I don't see an armband with the s9 :no:.

  5. #5
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    I looked on Verizon's site and I don't see an armband with the s9 :no:.
    I believe it's something that you would just have to do fit testing on at places that sell them. I don't remember seeing a storm specific one.

  6. #6
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    I looked on Verizon's site and I don't see an armband with the s9 :no:.
    when I got my S9 the armband was in the packaging.. it is made by motorola..
    bodyglove also makes a neoprene armband that works well with the storm ..

  7. #7
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    here is the info on the S9, the last bullett states the armband is infact included... hope this helps..

    The new MOTOROKR S9 builds on the success of the original MOTOROKR S9 with surround sound and other enhanced features.
    • Improved Sound Quality – high−definition audio, powerful surround sound and enhanced bass deliver a rich audio experience
    • Enhanced Listening Experience – noise isolating ear buds in various sizes provide a perfect fit and allow you to enjoy your music despite crowd noise
    • Ultra−lightweight, discreet style – stability and comfort make it perfect for your active lifestyle
    • Convenient Call Features – built−in microphone allows you to take hands−free calls from most Stereo Bluetooth®−enabled phones
    • Simple Controls – answer calls, change tracks and control volume with the touch of a button
    • Universal Compatibility – works with most Stereo Bluetooth−enabled phones and music devices that support Bluetooth hands−free, advanced audio distribution and audio video remote control profiles
    • Armband Included – designed to fit comfortably around your arm while holding your mobile phone for quick and easy use

  8. #8
    RobinM's Avatar
    RobinM is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow RobinM On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9520
    OS
    5.0.0.973
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    1 times
    What olta said. It all depends on the size of your arms, you would need to try them out in the shop. Make sure you use the full range of your elbow joint as an extended arm can be a substantially smaller measurement than one that isn't.

    (especially if you are doing weights where the arms are being used)

    I am an ex-international bodybuilder so one minute it would be super tight and the other 'swinging around' all over the place! So completely impractical for me!

    I use a bum-bag (or fanny-pack as the Americans call them!) - If I am on a treadmill or bike etc. I just pop my Storm in the cup holder! Most machines have one.
    Last edited by RobinM; 10-15-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    Storm 9520 v5.0.0.973 :hail:http://ewites.com/ubbthreads/images/...efault/nwl.gif
    Ya canny beat a good leak! :fing02:

  9. #9
    rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys/girls.. I may check out that s9 as I hate when I lean over to un-rack the weights and my wires get snagged..lol

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinM View Post
    What olta said. It all depends on the size of your arms, you would need to try them out in the shop. Make sure you use the full range of your elbow joint as an extended arm can be a substantially smaller measurement than one that isn't.

    (especially if you are doing weights where the arms are being used)

    I am an ex-international bodybuilder so one minute it would be super tight and the other 'swinging around' all over the place! So completely impractical for me!

    I use a bum-bag (or fanny-pack as the Americans call them!) - If I am on a treadmill or bike etc. I just pop my Storm in the cup holder! Most machines have one.
    Good point.. With 18" biceps my last armband just made it .. I always had to fiddle with it when doing Bicep curls curls.

    PS: Ewwww cardio.... haha

  10. #10
    RobinM's Avatar
    RobinM is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow RobinM On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9520
    OS
    5.0.0.973
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    1 times
    Emphasis was on the word IF... I am on a treadmill or bike etc.!
    Last edited by RobinM; 10-15-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    Storm 9520 v5.0.0.973 :hail:http://ewites.com/ubbthreads/images/...efault/nwl.gif
    Ya canny beat a good leak! :fing02:

  11. #11
    rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvrne1 View Post
    here is the info on the S9, the last bullett states the armband is infact included... hope this helps..

    The new MOTOROKR S9 builds on the success of the original MOTOROKR S9 with surround sound and other enhanced features.
    • Improved Sound Quality – high−definition audio, powerful surround sound and enhanced bass deliver a rich audio experience
    • Enhanced Listening Experience – noise isolating ear buds in various sizes provide a perfect fit and allow you to enjoy your music despite crowd noise
    • Ultra−lightweight, discreet style – stability and comfort make it perfect for your active lifestyle
    • Convenient Call Features – built−in microphone allows you to take hands−free calls from most Stereo Bluetooth®−enabled phones
    • Simple Controls – answer calls, change tracks and control volume with the touch of a button
    • Universal Compatibility – works with most Stereo Bluetooth−enabled phones and music devices that support Bluetooth hands−free, advanced audio distribution and audio video remote control profiles
    • Armband Included – designed to fit comfortably around your arm while holding your mobile phone for quick and easy use
    Can you link me to this... Not to go off topic but does anyone know what the difference between the S9 and the S9 HD ?

  12. #12
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    Can you link me to this... Not to go off topic but does anyone know what the difference between the S9 and the S9 HD ?
    s9 hd is high definition

  13. #13
    wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    where it is warm...
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
    Can you link me to this... Not to go off topic but does anyone know what the difference between the S9 and the S9 HD ?
    here you go, it is on VZW website... you should be able to click on the below link... on aside note, I use the S9 all the time, in the yard, at the
    gym, running etc, they work great with the Storm. Hope this helps.

    Enter your location

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •