Always wanted to know, how many units have you had?

Thread: Always wanted to know, how many units have you had?

greg is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow greg On Twitter Add greg on Facebook
    PIN
    311E271E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    9800 sfi os 6.0.0.249, not!
    Liked
    0 times

Always wanted to know, how many units have you had?

I see this post everywhere and honestly I don't get the problems... I am still running my first device from launch day on Telus in Canada.

I read everywhere that people returned 3-15 units for a good functioning device...(outside of OS issues)

Am I the only person in the world with a perfect unit?

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

No you are not. I'm on my original storm bought in January.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm on my original also, purchased in January... thanks to the good folks at who have helped me make the S1 a fantastic running device... :hail::hail:

greg is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow greg On Twitter Add greg on Facebook
    PIN
    311E271E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    9800 sfi os 6.0.0.249, not!
    Liked
    0 times
    thank goodness I was starting to think I might be the only competent human being.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    original one here...bought on the day of release
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on my first and only Storm. I purchased it in March of this year and I got it off of Ebay.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on the original as well and it is working like a charm
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    im on 2, but i probably could have fixed the first one. So lets say 1.5, with a pretty good understanding that the replacement was the easy way out. And thats how most people replace theirs.
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    I see this post everywhere and honestly I don't get the problems... I am still running my first device from launch day on Telus in Canada.

I read everywhere that people returned 3-15 units for a good functioning device...(outside of OS issues)

Am I the only person in the world with a perfect unit?
    I'm on my original as well...next month will be its' :birthday:.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    I'm on my original as well...next month will be its' :birthday:.
    Lol that's funny. Happy birthday stormy.

Unfortunately I am on lucky number 13. :no:

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    my one and only storm and i've had since march.

givmedew is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow givmedew On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donky
    Device
    Moto Droid, 9530 and 8230
    OS
    Android 2.0, v10 Hybrid, and 5.0 leak for pearl
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had several but all of them where my fault I cracked the screen. The majority of people who have swapped out the storm had perfectly functioning units. Some people find that it is easier to just give the customer what they want and replace the unit than to deal with educating the person. The problem with that is that some people are on storm unit number 10 when it obvious that they must have had atleast 7-10 working units out of that 10. Also it is my opinion that the refurb quality may not be as high as the new quality especially when it comes to the screen click and these little rubber things in the phone not staying put. So the only time you get a great storm is your first storm so a lot of people just shot themselves in the foot thinking that because their storm was locking up something was wrong with it.

The only problem I have had that wasn't my fault is that the bottom of the screen became completely unclickable so I just adjusted it with a torx driver. I have seen 1 person that had an issue where the phone would go to speaker phone for a split second everytime and sometimes stay on speakerphone even after a wipe. We do not brick and re-load software at work so the wipe is the furthest we can go. I have also seen a screen that did not sense any touch, one screen that when you touched the screen it would click in another area, several units with a blank but lit screen, that is out of over 1000 storms that have been in my hands. I see on average 5-10 storms per day the majority of complaints are because the keeps freezing up or slowing down or the waiting symbol. The first step taken is to check the memory in almost every case the person is between 0mb-10mb of free app memory. After a battery pull most of these phones come back to 20mb of free memory. Other complaints have to do with the phone getting hot or the battery only lasting 1-2 days which in my opinion is awesome... this phones battery def lasts longer than the pearl 8130 and probably longer than my pearl 8230.

All in all this is a great phone and my opinion is that the software was an EPIC failure. RIM and VZW probably lost a whole lot of money replacing these phones because somebody has to pay for them... in the long run the customer looses out because all of those replacements in the long run will come out of the customers pocket either by prices going up or not going down and now a lot of people are unhappy.

Lets hope the storm2 goes without a hitch... if these 5.0 leaks are any insight to how the s2 is going to function then I'm going to be a very very happy person.
    PLEASE, dl DUB @ DUBMENOW.COM, soon2be the standard in contact/PIM exchange.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything I say CAN'T and WILL NOT be used against me. Also anything said has nothing to do with my employeer and probably is not in agreeance w/them...

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)

Gregg.. I take offense to the notion that I am incompetent because the device I use is defective. Having said this, storm #13 was mailed on Friday to me. So I am coming for youcrown Josh.