Touchscreen Flakyness (.230 full)

Thread: Touchscreen Flakyness (.230 full)

5 Liter Eater is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Touchscreen Flakyness (.230 full)

Seems like ever since I went to the 5.x builds I've seen intermittent flakyness of my touchscreen. I'm currently running .230 full and every now and then it will think I'm touching somewhere on the screen completely different than I'm touching. Switching to landscape from portrait or vice versa usually fixes it. Also, sometimes it will think I'm selecting text when I'm not. Anyone experienced this? I'm wondering if it's a software bug or a hardware problem.

sunkast Guest
    I can't remember if this is something that was mentioned as a hardware or software issue. Hopefully someone with a Storm knows.

ajthescot is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    9500 voda uk
    OS
    5.0.0.238 ly/brid
    Liked
    0 times
    when i upgraded to 216 i got this when scrolling through web pages.
    Is this were u are experiancing it. ?
    did you do a complete restore from 4.7 to 5.0 ?
    i found that only restoring contacts fixxed some issues i was getting.
    never noticed it since only when trying to select something it jumps to bottom of page .
    strange things do happen tho like 4 icons wide jumps to 3 and multitap jumps to suretype but as you metioned a quick flip orientation fixes them all
    Last edited by ajthescot; 10-14-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The text selection thing happens a lot when scrolling through web pages. The mis-interpeted characters can happen whereever I can press a softkey. I'm not talking about the uncontrollable scrolling that happened with one of the first 5.x releases. Can't remember which that was.

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater View Post
    The text selection thing happens a lot when scrolling through web pages. The mis-interpeted characters can happen whereever I can press a softkey. I'm not talking about the uncontrollable scrolling that happened with one of the first 5.x releases. Can't remember which that was.
    well i have noticed this to. its a hardware issue on some phones. But my girls storm did that with the stock 148 before i loaded 5.0 and it still did it. now me i did everything i could, still didn't work. i ended up going to big red and getting it swapped out. it was a screen issue.. u can also get this same effect if you drop a dab of water on your screen and try to type r something. hope this helps you out.. when all fells take it to Big Red for a free replacement. i have done it 15 times lol

oh welcome to think i missed u

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    I honestly think that alot of these problems are stemming from flick scrolling being implemented before the apps were truly "ready" for it. Perhaps when and if we see .288; it will solve that question.

Another thing to think about is, it's getting colder in alot of places. Remember folks, capacitive touchscreens don't work as well in the cold.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm waiting for the next build to come out and see if it helps. It definitely seems to have started with the 5.x builds. I'm doing more battery pulls than ever with .230 due to this and the sound (depending on how the video player sound is left at, sometimes the message notifications come through the handset instead of the speaker).

Not willing to go back to 4.7 yet tho.

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater View Post
    I'm waiting for the next build to come out and see if it helps. It definitely seems to have started with the 5.x builds. I'm doing more battery pulls than ever with .230 due to this and the sound (depending on how the video player sound is left at, sometimes the message notifications come through the handset instead of the speaker).

Not willing to go back to 4.7 yet tho.
    i would try a clean install