PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

RIM tools deleting problem

I know I read that a couple of weeks ago but I can't find it now. I had the first version (hybrid) of 230 installed on my 9530 and I had no problems to remove the RIM tools with the ''program and features'' in vista. I just installed the leaked 230 from RIM and when I go for delete the RIM tools, they are not listed.

Does someone has the reason or solution before I install to my phone and have problems because they are still there.

Thanks in advance

Merci

petewell is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I would love if someone had an answer for me before I wipe my phone and install

PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Could someone also tell me if this file (9530AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel355_PL4.2.0.61_A5.0.0.230.ex e) that was the leaked from RIM has the french and spanish languages in it because I need them.

Thank you again in advance

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Go to your pc control panel, add/remove programs and look for rim internal apps. If they are there, delete them. If not, then they were removed already. And the OS that you show file name for, appears only English but I remember seeing languages on there as soon as I installed. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Posted via BlackBerry device

PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Go to your pc control panel, add/remove programs and look for rim internal apps. If they are there, delete them. If not, then they were removed already. And the OS that you show file name for, appears only English but I remember seeing languages on there as soon as I installed. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Posted via BlackBerry device
    Thanks Olta, I will give a try tonight.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    The reason you are experiencing this is that the "hybrid" of .230 was installed over the top of .191 - which DID include the RIM tools.

The full .exe installer is a standard OS installer, without the RIM tools included.

It does appear to have both ES and FR languages included, going by the COD filenames (I shrink my OS, so I only have EN on my phone)

PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    The reason you are experiencing this is that the "hybrid" of .230 was installed over the top of .191 - which DID include the RIM tools.

The full .exe installer is a standard OS installer, without the RIM tools included.

It does appear to have both ES and FR languages included, going by the COD filenames (I shrink my OS, so I only have EN on my phone)
    Thanks Dave, now that I have 2 opinions, I will jump into it.

PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Doing it now and yes there was french and spanish. Thanks for giving me the guts to go into it because I didn't feel like having to do the whole process twice tonight.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by petewell View Post
    Doing it now and yes there was french and spanish. Thanks for giving me the guts to go into it because I didn't feel like having to do the whole process twice tonight.
    Glad we were able to help. Once you finish, you'll realize it's actually not as big of a deal as it seems. Nowhere near as time consuming as reloading a PC.

And wait until you feel the sense of accomplishment you get the first time you "brick" your berry and recover it. After awhile, it becomes second nature. I've been home from work for an hour and already "bricked" and recovered my Storm. I was trying (and failing) to create my own hybrid OS by using 5.0.0.252 files from the device simulator. :laugh2:

Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Post Removing tools

Did you already look in add/remove programs and if so delete anything that has to do with BB with the exception on yout BB DM.

Otherwish need to give ait a bit more thought th make sure i am not missing anything. I will gert back toyou if I think of anything else.

Jag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"

PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I installed it and so far it's pretty much ok. I already had the first 230 that got out and was a hybrid, I didn't installed the update from BBC because I wanted the french and spanish. I decided to give a try to the leaked 230 with the exe from RIM. Thanks everyone that helped