What is the best earphones to use on Storm?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best earphones to use on Storm?

snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Liked
    1 times

What is the best earphones to use on Storm?

After reading the thread about the best case for the Storm (and ordering an Innocase II), I decided to move to the next accessory I need to upgrade for my Storm, namely headphones.

I don't use a bluetooth device because I want to be able to carry one accessory w. me that will work on both my Storm and my iPod, so I'm left w. the headphone option. I've been using the stock headphones that come w. the Storm but was looking for a pair that provide the same functionality but have noise cancellation and fit better/audio quality.

Does anyone have any experience w. alternate headphones that they'd be willing to share?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Neolantis; 04-06-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: more descriptive

CDNSTORM is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    148 V7
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Bose in ear headphones

I bought a pair of Bose? in-ear headphones and was blown away at the sound quality. Let me warn you that these things arn't cheap!
    They don't bother you like the the stock set they give you, but the thing that sold me was the sound quality.
    i bought them at BestBuy and if you're not happy with them they'll refund ur money. I know this cause I tried 3 different brands b4 I got the Bose.

Once you try these puppies on you won't give em back!!!
    check it out..@

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...ones/index.jsp

blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Liked
    1 times
    if you have an ipod, i would just use the earbuds that came with it. there good enough for headphones. your not going to get a 5.1 surround sound out of any headphones.lol so to me all headphones sound the same, some do have a fuzzy or cracky sound but i would stay with the headphones you use with your iPod and save some money

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNSTORM View Post
    I bought a pair of Bose? in-ear headphones and was blown away at the sound quality. Let me warn you that these things arn't cheap!
    They don't bother you like the the stock set they give you, but the thing that sold me was the sound quality.
    i bought them at BestBuy and if you're not happy with them they'll refund ur money. I know this cause I tried 3 different brands b4 I got the Bose.

Once you try these puppies on you won't give em back!!!
    check it out..@

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...ones/index.jsp
    They look great...do you by chance know if they have noise cancellation built in? Also, how would you use them w. the Storm...did you have to buy an adapter w. microphone to use them with the phone? I guess that's the big challenge...I'm looking for headphones that'll work w. the phone that I can also use on my iPod.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by snmemx; 04-06-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Device
    Storm
    OS
    148 V7
    Liked
    0 times
    As per the previous post...Dude you'll be amazed how these things sound...Probably better then 5.1 Dolby..

I haven't used them for the phone so I wouldn't know.
    Ur on your own for that one. As for the Ipod, yeah not a problem there....work fine.

P.S. you remember that Maxell commercial with the guy in the chair being blown away by the sound....well buckle yourself in !!!

blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Liked
    1 times
    lol i guess im left out of the earphone improvments. last i really cared they all sounded the same to me. then every since then i just stuck with the cheap ones. i guess it probably has something to do with me necer listening to em eithier, i use my ipod for my car and thats it

Device
    Storm
    OS
    148 V7
    Liked
    0 times
    Blindman4556,
    I hear you bud...I was just like you till I busted the stock ear phones. Won't even get into that one!
    I was looking for a replacement but everthing I tried sounded like crap. I figured for 20-50 bucks I'll get something good....Well try again..half the stuff out there is totally crap....sounds really tinny....
    Got fed up and said let me try the Bose and I never looked back.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    lol i guess im left out of the earphone improvments. last i really cared they all sounded the same to me. then every since then i just stuck with the cheap ones. i guess it probably has something to do with me necer listening to em eithier, i use my ipod for my car and thats it
    I use my iPod in the car as well. What I'm trying to do is rather than carry a bluetooth for the Storm and headphones for the iPod, just use a pair of headphones (like the ones that come w. the Storm), but w. better noise cancellation (and preferably better acoustics).

I'm w. you on the sound quality though...for me, the most important thing is noise cancellation, since ultimately I'll be wearing them inside a motorcycle helmet.

Device
    Storm
    OS
    148 V7
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh and just in case ur wondering...No I don't sell nor work for Bose...LOL...

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNSTORM View Post
    Oh and just in case ur wondering...No I don't sell nor work for Bose...LOL...
    Do the Bose headphones you got do a good job on the noise cancellation side? Perhaps I could find an adapter to use them w. the phone.

decisions...decisions...

Device
    Storm
    OS
    148 V7
    Liked
    0 times
    For me the only noise I hear is the tunes playing...No dogs barking or kids screaming...Or the WIFE calling...Love it...
    Hey like I said..try em...You can always return them.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    99 buck is steep, but it seems it would be worth it since, we may buy phones as they come out, but the headphones will stay with us for each one. worth it in the long run...
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

mickrg123 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    5.0 HYBRID
    Liked
    0 times
    PM me I have some open box Bose ear buds. Great sound quality!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    99 buck is steep, but it seems it would be worth it since, we may buy phones as they come out, but the headphones will stay with us for each one. worth it in the long run...
    I wonder how they compare to the ER-6's?

Regardless, thanks everyone for the feedback. I still have to figure out if I can make standard earphones work w. the phone side of the Storm. I'll report back what I find.

Mockingbird is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530, Droid
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I use the jaybird stereo headset, it has a mic input. Its bluetooth but they come with an IPOD adapter. One ? though, why not just use the storm for music? just a thought.
    So. Cal

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    I use the jaybird stereo headset, it has a mic input. Its bluetooth but they come with an IPOD adapter. One ? though, why not just use the storm for music? just a thought.
    I would but I've got a 160gb iPod...it's not all music but much more than I could fit on the Storm. Plus I use the Storm for pics so I like to keep the memory card empty for spontaneous photo/video ops.

Given my distaste for the earphones that came w. the Storm and fact that I really don't want to use a bluetooth device, I think I'm going to see if they make microphone adapters for standard earphones...that earlier comment about the longevity of earphones relative to phones makes a lot of sense.

Mockingbird is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530, Droid
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    sounds good. get it sounds
    So. Cal

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I use the motorola S9-HD and they are great. I tried my wife's Bose ear buds and the storm doesn't have alot of volume with them, now on her Ipod the bose are really loud. The motorola must have a built in amplifier of some sort since there are times (and I can't believe I'm saying this) that I turn them down a little.

futurePharmD is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OS 5.0.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    skull candy has been really good for me.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok, I ended up going w. Etymotic ER6i's and a Shure MPA-3C adapter. The sound quality on the ER6i's is unreal...just tested them vs the stock iPod earphones and a pair of Sony noise reducing earbuds and they're in another league. And as for the Shure, it's got dual-mic's in and I was told by a friend I talked to on my Storm that I sound clearer to him when I'm using the Shure than when I'm using the Storm without a mic input. The total setup was about $120 (found a good deal on the ER6i's)...slightly more than a higher-end bluetooth. Not as sleek as the bluetooth but I don't like looking like a borg anyway.:bigeyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast