Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I'm frankly a bit shocked that someone would consider 3rd party app incompatibility to be a good reason to hold back an OS launch, assuming the OS is otherwise ready. It is 100% up to the app developers to release compatible versions. But it is NOT a good reason to hold back an OS.

Consider the main reason I say this: RIM is PUSHING for an across-the-board release of 5.0 - many enterprise customers are now on BES 5.0; and without a 5.0 OS on the device; many of the new features cannot be taken advantage of. RIM wants 5.0 out, they are NOT going to hold back waiting for Joe Programmer to release his latest version of "Super Icon Hockey"

And frankly, if 5.0-native devices are set to launch sometime soon, i'd say it's high time Verizon gets to testing (and passing) a 5.0 build.

You couldn't have stated it any better. Holding back an OS because developers aren't stepping up doesn't make sense to me. Plus the new JDE has been issued for OS 5.0 so there really is no excuse for many of these apps to still not be working. I say release 5.0 officially and let developers fix their apps. If not someone else and they will lose out on business.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    I could remember how long it took VZW to test and pass 4.7.0.148.
    I remember we all had it for a few weeks.

PIN
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    relevant? this is from patches on crackberry
    Quote Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    they're getting a new build for 9530, 9550, tour, and some other phones as well...but they are getting it "sometime this week"

and by "they" i mean friendly user testing...so VZW has been testing these for awhile already

Device
    Storm 9530
    If IRL testing is getting these newer builds sometime this week, then we are looking at a minimum of 3-4 weeks before they could possibly be approved for release as an official OS.

This also would mean that network testing has been going on for quite some time already and that it is due to pass network testing. I won't say that it passed because if IRL testing doesn't have it yet, then it hasn't passed network testing yet.

All this is good news for us either way. One, it means that a leak is getting close as once it is in the hands of the IRL testers, it tends to make it out. And 2, if it in the hands of IRL testers, it means that it is a decent build. So we have 2 things to be happy about.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I would just like GSM connection to work the way it should with the APN settings set. If not then up for sale it goes. Us unlocked Storm users have been waiting for a good GSM radio programming since this phone came out.

Device
    Storm 9530 Unlocked
    OS
    So where is the waiting room?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxmerlinxxx View Post
    I would just like GSM connection to work the way it should with the APN settings set. If not then up for sale it goes. Us unlocked Storm users have been waiting for a good GSM radio programming since this phone came out.
    The thing is.. The GSM radio in the 9530 works flawlessly.. there are too many people trying to use it on US GSM frequencies which it is not made to do. it was made for European frequencies

PIN
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    The thing is.. The GSM radio in the 9530 works flawlessly.. there are too many people trying to use it on US GSM frequencies which it is not made to do. it was made for European frequencies
    excellent point...i dont think a lot of people realize the difference

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast