Just to add some excitement.... VZW is getting 5.0.0.288 to test today for 9530!!! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Just to add some excitement.... VZW is getting 5.0.0.288 to test today for 9530!!!

sambaman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow sambaman On Twitter
    PIN
    20CDD9DA
    Device
    storm 9500
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I'm on Lyr's 238/287 hybryd and its working great uptill now.
    Did you notice any changes or fixes withe the latest 296?

Cal-El is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by basilb View Post
    Lyrical's latest hybrid also contains some .296 files and it is working great. It contains .230; .238; .287 and .296 files. Great battery and memory very stable. Thanks to Lyrical, and BBOS and BlackberryOS, I love these site I learn so much from the users, and I like the friendliness that usually prevails.

:hail:
    Dont talk about fightclub!

basilb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    BOLD 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sambaman View Post
    Hi,

I'm on Lyr's 238/287 hybryd and its working great uptill now.
    Did you notice any changes or fixes withe the latest 296?
    Hi, I have not had it on long enough to tell about the battery or memory, however, I have more memory than I had with the straight 230.

markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I heard that Verizon is no longer testing .288

Krypto is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Krypto On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    According to patches, it never was .288. And from the sounds of it, we won't know what build it is until it's released. Apparently they really really want this one to stay under wraps and have found a way to know exactly who leak(ed) information if specifics do get out. And apparently the threat of termination is working very well to keep the testers mouths shut. Don't expect any leak for this one. (Not saying it won't happen, but from what I'm reading, I'm definitely not hopeful).
    Krypto on CrackBerry Forums, BB Support Community Forums and Future Shop Community Forums

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    According to patches, it never was .288. And from the sounds of it, we won't know what build it is until it's released. Apparently they really really want this one to stay under wraps and have found a way to know exactly who leak(ed) information if specifics do get out. And apparently the threat of termination is working very well to keep the testers mouths shut. Don't expect any leak for this one. (Not saying it won't happen, but from what I'm reading, I'm definitely not hopeful).
    Just to give you an fyi... according to patches the storm was going to release earlier this month... so i trust people that work there and know not those who used to.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    No disrespect to Patches but he does not work at VZW anymore. 288 WAS being tested by VZW but it did not pass. They are onto the next OS which is showing more promise. However, that being said, VZW has a very stringent TA process so very few OS's make it through and one of the reasons VZW is so slow in getting new OS's out the door

porkrind is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid Incredible
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

VZW has given a whole new meaning to slow. 148 is the latest official...I mean, are you kidding?
    From my experience, the problem is usually what you think isn't the problem...NEOLANTIS

markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, they take their time. But hopefully in the end we end up with something great!

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    ************* super hot news *************

verizon is going to release 4.7.0.75 ;-D

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

bob61 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    No disrespect to Patches but he does not work at VZW anymore. 288 WAS being tested by VZW but it did not pass. They are onto the next OS which is showing more promise. However, that being said, VZW has a very stringent TA process so very few OS's make it through and one of the reasons VZW is so slow in getting new OS's out the door
    That got me a chuckle - guess their process is so strict that it explains the .65, .75 and every other OS release that VZW gave their thumbs up to and which sucked big time

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bob61 View Post
    That got me a chuckle - guess their process is so strict that it explains the .65, .75 and every other OS release that VZW gave their thumbs up to and which sucked big time
    Yes, it's true .65 & .75 were horrible OSs. But the phone was a new device and was rushed out. In their defense they patched up .65 very quick. But as you saw, the amount of time from .75 to .148 was a good amount. We all saw the leaks that fell between .75 and .148 too. None of those leaks were very good. 148 was a solid release IMO. And VZW is not going to make the same mistake with the S2 that they made with the .65 S1. The OS they release with the S2 will be a very solid OS from the start.:cool2:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

brookj1986 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow brookj1986 On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey.
    Device
    Storm 9530 (Verizon)
    OS
    who knows... it's been changing a bunch lately
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Yes, it's true .65 & .75 were horrible OSs. But the phone was a new device and was rushed out. In their defense they patched up .65 very quick. But as you saw, the amount of time from .75 to .148 was a good amount. We all saw the leaks that fell between .75 and .148 too. None of those leaks were very good. 148 was a solid release IMO. And VZW is not going to make the same mistake with the S2 that they made with the .65 S1. The OS they release with the S2 will be a very solid OS from the start.:cool2:
    +1. Well put nate. I couldn't agree more. I personally like .148 despite it being a bit slow, there were not many major issues I experienced. I can't fault Verizon for being arduous in their reviewing and testing of OS to release, I just would like to see all of the OSs they test leak to us as well
    Apps: AddOnis, CopyAll, QuickLaunch, Slacker Radio, BeeTagg, SmrtGuard, GoogleSync
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456