Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Device
    OS
    According to patches, it never was .288. And from the sounds of it, we won't know what build it is until it's released. Apparently they really really want this one to stay under wraps and have found a way to know exactly who leak(ed) information if specifics do get out. And apparently the threat of termination is working very well to keep the testers mouths shut. Don't expect any leak for this one. (Not saying it won't happen, but from what I'm reading, I'm definitely not hopeful).

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    According to patches, it never was .288. And from the sounds of it, we won't know what build it is until it's released. Apparently they really really want this one to stay under wraps and have found a way to know exactly who leak(ed) information if specifics do get out. And apparently the threat of termination is working very well to keep the testers mouths shut. Don't expect any leak for this one. (Not saying it won't happen, but from what I'm reading, I'm definitely not hopeful).
    Just to give you an fyi... according to patches the storm was going to release earlier this month... so i trust people that work there and know not those who used to.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    No disrespect to Patches but he does not work at VZW anymore. 288 WAS being tested by VZW but it did not pass. They are onto the next OS which is showing more promise. However, that being said, VZW has a very stringent TA process so very few OS's make it through and one of the reasons VZW is so slow in getting new OS's out the door

Device
    Droid Incredible
    Wirelessly posted

VZW has given a whole new meaning to slow. 148 is the latest official...I mean, are you kidding?

Device
    Storm 9530
    Yeah, they take their time. But hopefully in the end we end up with something great!

PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    ************* super hot news *************

verizon is going to release 4.7.0.75 ;-D

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    No disrespect to Patches but he does not work at VZW anymore. 288 WAS being tested by VZW but it did not pass. They are onto the next OS which is showing more promise. However, that being said, VZW has a very stringent TA process so very few OS's make it through and one of the reasons VZW is so slow in getting new OS's out the door
    That got me a chuckle - guess their process is so strict that it explains the .65, .75 and every other OS release that VZW gave their thumbs up to and which sucked big time

PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bob61 View Post
    That got me a chuckle - guess their process is so strict that it explains the .65, .75 and every other OS release that VZW gave their thumbs up to and which sucked big time
    Yes, it's true .65 & .75 were horrible OSs. But the phone was a new device and was rushed out. In their defense they patched up .65 very quick. But as you saw, the amount of time from .75 to .148 was a good amount. We all saw the leaks that fell between .75 and .148 too. None of those leaks were very good. 148 was a solid release IMO. And VZW is not going to make the same mistake with the S2 that they made with the .65 S1. The OS they release with the S2 will be a very solid OS from the start.:cool2:

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast