Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 80 of 113

  1. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by givmedew View Post
    Be careful with the whole multi-fru wording... it is a turn off for vzw employees if a person knows any of those terms it suggests just as you are suggesting that the person is working the system. Hopefully Verizon will have a safeguard to ensure that very few people get changed from the s1 to the s2 without being eligble. You have to understand that unless you bought this phone within a few months of the release then you knew the issues it had. You also must understand that for a company to stay sustainable they cant be forking out replacements and new phones. Also the multi-fru policy may be a little more stringent then you may imagine. Also with the 5.0 software around the corner I don't foresee you being able to talk vzw into believing that your phone is having the required issues to suffice a swap out.

    Oh and kinda like what Dave said... I dont foresee vzw holding back the launch of the 5.0 os on purpose being that they are going to want to ensure that people are not attempting to get swap outs just to try to get an s2.

    I believe the best course of action would be to launch this software as soon as possible so that they can cut down on refurbs and eliminate the chance of swaps to the s2!
    Unfortunately the customer did not foresee, nor did VZW inform the customer that the Storm would have so many issues. I agree that the software has been improving but this doesn't help the ton of people who have and continue to suffer from hardware issues. I have been though 13, yes 13 Storms as a result of faulty hardware. As you stated, I bought this phone the day it was released and if I would have known the issues at hand I never would have purchased it. So after 13 Storms, I have yet to own one where the hardware has been perfect. One shouldn't have to buy torx screwdrivers, use business card tricks etc. to make up for the poor manufacturing of this device. It is a shame for the consumer who bought the Storm 1 because VZW will probably not honor trading it in for the Storm 2. I am not harping on VZW employees who are just following the rules, but I do fault RIM/VZW for putting out a poor device and then turning a blind eye to their customers. I mean its not like we are in worst economic times since the great depression or anything.



  2. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9520
    OS
    5.0.0.973
    Posts
    134
    Holey moley! 13 Storms! mfg:

  3. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    285
    Wow, that is a lot of storms to go through. I had to replace mine as well, because the "end" key and the new one that I got did not click well at all.

    Had to put in a business card and do the torx fix. Sad really.



  4. #76
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    85
    I feel lucky that my Storm from Telus is good so far. I bought it in april. At first it was not running good because of the old software but as soon as I discovered BBOS, I became happy with my phone. Maybe someone could give me any suggestion to have a swap to the S2 under waranty when Telus receive their new devices because I heard they don't have any S1 for sale anymore. I just hope they would not want to push me a refurbished one if I try to swap it after S2 is out. April is not too far back so maybe I could be lucky and have a free pass to the S2!!

  5. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by petewell View Post
    I feel lucky that my Storm from Telus is good so far. I bought it in april. At first it was not running good because of the old software but as soon as I discovered BBOS, I became happy with my phone. Maybe someone could give me any suggestion to have a swap to the S2 under waranty when Telus receive their new devices because I heard they don't have any S1 for sale anymore. I just hope they would not want to push me a refurbished one if I try to swap it after S2 is out. April is not too far back so maybe I could be lucky and have a free pass to the S2!!
    You've had your phone since April...... Any replacement would be a refurb S1, NOT a new S2. Not to sound like I am bashing you, but to expect more would be ludicrous. April to October is 6 months.... A LONG time in the realm of high-tech devices.

    If we were talking about a 30-day timeframe, then yes, you SHOULD expect a new device. But we're talking about 180 days.



  6. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Device
    BlackBerry 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.???
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    You've had your phone since April...... Any replacement would be a refurb S1, NOT a new S2. Not to sound like I am bashing you, but to expect more would be ludicrous. April to October is 6 months.... A LONG time in the realm of high-tech devices.

    If we were talking about a 30-day timeframe, then yes, you SHOULD expect a new device. But we're talking about 180 days.

    what about swapping out a storm, telling the vzw tech it doesnt work properly, heading to another vzw store and going through 3 before walking out the door there... would that consist of grounds for the s2. :haha: j/k dont answer, but that really did happen, also i am content with the s1 i have (as far as lack of issues) minus the fact that it doesnt have .288 on it.... yet

  7. #79
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    PIN
    24BF40D5
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    You've had your phone since April...... Any replacement would be a refurb S1, NOT a new S2. Not to sound like I am bashing you, but to expect more would be ludicrous. April to October is 6 months.... A LONG time in the realm of high-tech devices.

    If we were talking about a 30-day timeframe, then yes, you SHOULD expect a new device. But we're talking about 180 days.
    I know I was trying to push my luck a little bit!! lol I will keep my S1 for my wife and buy a S2 for me, that will be a good reason for a replacement without feeling bad to change a 6 months old phone. Thanks but I have to say I was expecting this kind of comment

  8. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by petewell View Post
    I know I was trying to push my luck a little bit!! lol I will keep my S1 for my wife and buy a S2 for me, that will be a good reason for a replacement without feeling bad to change a 6 months old phone. Thanks but I have to say I was expecting this kind of comment
    Well, I don't make comments like I did to be mean; but simply to keep everyone's expectations realistic. The cost of giving folks "free" upgrades to premium smartphones would be directly passed on to the consumer, even if they didn't benefit from the "free" upgrade program at all.

    That having been said, I personally would be 100% for a device trade-in program, where you would get credit towards a new device by trading in your old one. It works for videogame consoles.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •