Issue with media in .230 ( music )

Thread: Issue with media in .230 ( music )

greg is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow greg On Twitter Add greg on Facebook
    PIN
    311E271E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    9800 sfi os 6.0.0.249, not!
    Liked
    0 times

Issue with media in .230 ( music )

I loaded .230 hybrid... noticed this issue then tried full leak and have come across the same wondering if anyone has found a solution

when I do a fresh install from 507 i have music player in media folder, but when I restore my device with my back up I lose the music icon and its not hidden.

I have tried going back to app loader and updating 5.0 core applications and still nothing.

the only way to play audio tracks is to explore to destination folder and play file by file.

anyone have any ideas?

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    I loaded .230 hybrid... noticed this issue then tried full leak and have come across the same wondering if anyone has found a solution

when I do a fresh install from 507 i have music player in media folder, but when I restore my device with my back up I lose the music icon and its not hidden.

I have tried going back to app loader and updating 5.0 core applications and still nothing.

the only way to play audio tracks is to explore to destination folder and play file by file.

anyone have any ideas?
    Are you running a theme??

ajthescot is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    9500 voda uk
    OS
    5.0.0.238 ly/brid
    Liked
    0 times
    the only thing i could think of is your back up ie what are you restoring if coming from 4.7 to 5.0 the only files i restore is contacts. apps i restore with bbsak . just my 2cents. bud just with you saying its fine before you restore.and the media set out is diffrent there is no single music icon on 5.0 its integrated into the media folder
    Last edited by ajthescot; 10-03-2009 at 04:58 PM.

greg is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow greg On Twitter Add greg on Facebook
    PIN
    311E271E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah not running a theme, I am going to try to back up just contacts and esentialls and wipe and try again, I'll let you know.

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah not running a theme, I am going to try to back up just contacts and esentialls and wipe and try again, I'll let you know.
    the issue is the 4.7 files. i had the same problem when i did a restore after installing .230. i wiped and reloaded only my contacts and 3rd party apps and the issue was resolved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Greg, I was experiencing the same issue and I just went back to what WORKS. I wiped my phone and d/l the .191/.230H and .140 OSs(just for the VAD files then deleted it). Before installing .191/.230H, I deleted the vad files and replaced them with the .140 vad files. I use the voice dial feature and that's the reason for the vad file issue. my music plays very well with ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES at all, browser is very fast and phone just operates Very smoothly. ..Just my $.02

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times

anyone have any ideas?
    inthe 5.0.0.230 os the media Icon is a folder, not an app. You may want to look through your applications folder for music, pics, vids

PIN
    311E271E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    inthe 5.0.0.230 os the media Icon is a folder, not an app. You may want to look through your applications folder for music, pics, vids

looked there for it, not there I am trying the above solutions with removing 4.7 files from my back up ....

restoring device now.

PIN
    311E271E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ajthescot View Post
    the only thing i could think of is your back up ie what are you restoring if coming from 4.7 to 5.0 the only files i restore is contacts. apps i restore with bbsak . just my 2cents. bud just with you saying its fine before you restore.and the media set out is diffrent there is no single music icon on 5.0 its integrated into the media folder

This is the solution thanks to everyone!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I am very confused on this.. i loaded my back up from a 4.7 build and had no trouble at all

PIN
    311E271E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah beats me on what actually made it happen.

but after 2 restores 1 because i restored the wrong backup... its working like a dream now

corona is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    G PONG
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    works for me too, I did restore my old (before os 5.0) back'up, Now also sending sms works
    Last edited by corona; 10-05-2009 at 02:43 PM.