PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

SMS icon disappeared... then reappeared

Earlier tonight I had to reboot my Storm, which is running OS 5.0.0.230. I forget why exactly, but when I rebooted my device I noticed my SMS icon had disappeared. At first I thought maybe I had occidentally moved it into another folder or something. I searched all my folders and the entire device to no avail. So I rebooted again, not expecting it to do anything but did it anyways because I have learned from troubleshooting PC's and my Blackberrys when encountered with a problem, no matter what it is reboot the device first. No matter what. So I did it and to my surprise the SMS icon had reappeared. Just out of curiosity, has anybody else ever had this happen to them, running .230 or any other OS? And if so, does anybody have any insight into what may have caused it?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbprintz215 View Post
    Earlier tonight I had to reboot my Storm, which is running OS 5.0.0.230. I forget why exactly, but when I rebooted my device I noticed my SMS icon had disappeared. At first I thought maybe I had occidentally moved it into another folder or something. I searched all my folders and the entire device to no avail. So I rebooted again, not expecting it to do anything but did it anyways because I have learned from troubleshooting PC's and my Blackberrys when encountered with a problem, no matter what it is reboot the device first. No matter what. So I did it and to my surprise the SMS icon had reappeared. Just out of curiosity, has anybody else ever had this happen to them, running .230 or any other OS? And if so, does anybody have any insight into what may have caused it?

well you know me gotta ask the basic.. thrid party theme?

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry for the delayed response. I have been pretty busy the past couple of days and have not gotten a chance to get in front of the computer much. I have a 3rd party theme on my phone but I am not using it currently. If it was that wouldn't something like that have happened when I first put the theme on my device or when I used it. I haven't been using that theme for a while.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbprintz215 View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. I have been pretty busy the past couple of days and have not gotten a chance to get in front of the computer much. I have a 3rd party theme on my phone but I am not using it currently. If it was that wouldn't something like that have happened when I first put the theme on my device or when I used it. I haven't been using that theme for a while.
    If you were using a 3rd party theme it could easily have been caused by it, just they dont play 110% with the 5.0 os.. but having it on your device wouldnt cause that.. it sounds like a quirk maybe.. If it happens again I would try the old wipe and restore lol.. BTW nice green

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the advice and thanks for the compliment :cool2: i deleted the theme because i don't think i will use it again anyways. it was weird and i figured it was some sort of glitch. i updated to the "full" version of .230 so it really does not matter now anyways. But thanks again!