Application not compatible with your device...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Application not compatible with your device...

  1. #1
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times

    Application not compatible with your device...

    Error message: "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded"

    Tried restarting computer. Also, through add/remove programs selected repair desktop manager (noticed the vendor file reappeared in apploader folder after this)...

    I have the backup folder with cod's and the alx file. I'm trying to load through loader by clicking the add button and selecting the alx that bbsak (v1.5) created.


    Anyone know off the top of their heads some things to try before I reload the OS?

    Thanks for any advice! :banghead:


    edit: also, every time I open Loader, it wants to update core applications. I let it do it once and then the next time I opened loader, it wanted to do it again.
    Last edited by TommyGrubz; 09-29-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary/off topic content :)




  2. #2
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times

  3. #3
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Holy smokes Tommy looks like no one wants to talk with you :lmao:

    Are you trying to load a back up onto the .230 os?

  4. #4
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey Tommy,
    I'm only asking because I am a little unclear of what type of advice you may need.
    If I am unclear of the question then others may be as well.

    What are you trying to load?

  5. #5
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Holy smokes Tommy looks like no one wants to talk with you :lmao:

    Are you trying to load a back up onto the .230 os?
    Tommy the reason I ask is when I first upgraded to .191 I couldn't not restore my back, do to google sync not being compatible with the 5.0 OS. So it was causing my restore to error out. I ended having to load the cod manually in order to get google sync to work.

    As far the core updates if you go into your loader files

    C-program files-common files-research in motion-shared-loader files- and add the letter "A" to the OS name on the folder. that should take care of your core updates message.

  6. #6
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Hey!

    Loaded the "new" .230 just for the heck of it... I was on .230 before. Did everything the same way I've done a thousand times before but for some reason my .alx doesn't like my phone...

    I actually just wiped and reloaded so we'll see if it still happens.

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    Hey!

    Loaded the "new" .230 just for the heck of it... I was on .230 before. Did everything the same way I've done a thousand times before but for some reason my .alx doesn't like my phone...

    I actually just wiped and reloaded so we'll see if it still happens.
    :haha: I am sorry did you say something :lmao:

    Sorry don't hurt me on COD for being a smart ass :laugh2:

  8. #8
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Tommy the reason I ask is when I first upgraded to .191 I couldn't not restore my back, do to google sync not being compatible with the 5.0 OS. So it was causing my restore to error out. I ended having to load the cod manually in order to get google sync to work.

    As far the core updates if you go into your loader files

    C-program files-common files-research in motion-shared-loader files- and add the letter "A" to the OS name on the folder. that should take care of your core updates message.
    Cool thanks! Yea I didn't have any google apps before but did notice some sort of error at the end of my backup file restoration in DM that mentioned google sync... I forgot about that and didn't think anything of it at the time because I didn't have google sync before.

  9. #9
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    Cool thanks! Yea I didn't have any google apps before but did notice some sort of error at the end of my backup file restoration in DM that mentioned google sync... I forgot about that and didn't think anything of it at the time because I didn't have google sync before.
    If you need google sync I can upload the cod's for you and you can use BBSAK to manually load them back on. Just let me know

  10. #10
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    :haha: I am sorry did you say something :lmao:

    Sorry don't hurt me on COD for being a smart ass :laugh2:
    SERIOUSLY! SHEESH!!!!

    But no, that sounds like it could have been the problem but I didn't have any google apps that I was aware of... wth?

  11. #11
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    If you need google sync I can upload the cod's for you and you can use BBSAK to manually load them back on. Just let me know
    No I don't need google sync (I don't even know what that is! haha! something to do with gmail??)

    I just need all my other apps that I backed-up

  12. #12
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Try can you list the 3rd party apps in the bbsak back up? But if you got the error during back up, the I fear ur back up is toast. At least mine was when I got the error during back up. You can try loading the cod's manually back on with bbsak

  13. #13
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    What I'm doing right now is trying to load the apps first before I restore my backup since that gave me an error message before. I'll keep you posted.

  14. #14
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Still no dice.

    wiped, reloaded OS, then tried to restore apps. Still got the error. HELP!

  15. #15
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    bbscanner
    bejeweled
    bMessage
    MAP
    Mets mobile launcher
    Poynt
    Poynt graphics
    Quicklaunch
    slacker
    Ubertwitter
    vvmail
    vvmlib
    vvmlistener
    wb_data
    wb_device
    wb_io_framework
    wb_monsoon
    wb_monsoon_res
    wb_request_framework

    (sorry I missed your last post asking for this)

  16. #16
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    At the end of restoring backup file I got this error again: "Error restoring database(s). "[Enhanced Gmail Plug-in]" 0 of 1 entries restored"

    ... but I never had gmail!!! grr

  17. #17
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    At the end of restoring backup file I got this error again: "Error restoring database(s). "[Enhanced Gmail Plug-in]" 0 of 1 entries restored"

    ... but I never had gmail!!! grr
    Did you try using dm to restore your back up?

  18. #18
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Did you try using dm to restore your back up?
    I did before and it didn't work. Just tried it again and its working but not all my apps are there.

    This is good but also bad because one app (quicklaunch) I got through CB and I'm banned from there:evil: so I don't know how I would redownload that without having to pay again.

  19. #19
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    I did before and it didn't work. Just tried it again and its working but not all my apps are there.

    This is good but also bad because one app (quicklaunch) I got through CB and I'm banned from there:evil: so I don't know how I would redownload that without having to pay again.
    No problem

    Click on this link here which will take you to our store. click the support tab, then the my account tab. Log in with your mobi user name and password (same as cb). It will bring up all the apps you have purchased with mobi through us or cb. And find QL and click the download button

  20. #20
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks!!! Now I just gotta get UT back (easy).

    off topic: what the heck?? where did your 20,000 rep points go?? 3???:haha:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •