Thanks for the reply, jnepsa!
Tried them both. Same result.
I will (have to) try it this weekend. Also discovered yesterday, that I forgot to delete the vendor.xml before I upgraded to .230, but actually this shouldn't be a problem since I'm running an unlocked device.
Anyway, I will start from scratch and report back later.
Last edited by Kandriahn; 10-01-2009 at 09:37 PM.
OK! Tried every possible way. Pure .216, .216/230 and now even .216/238 and wiped, deleted vendor.xml, only backed up my contacts and even loaded all my apps new via OTA. No Joy! Looks like I have to answer or silence my calls until it's working again on a newer OS.
Just DL'd and installed this tonight. "Shrank" this to 39MB and it installed flawlessly. Browser does in fact seem faster. I like it so far...no issues for me.
seems like my DM seem to hang once connected the device via usb? why????
using DM 5.01 where i could connect the device as a modem..... but still managed to get it to work as modem...but could not install application nor backup or do anything with it......help please....should i reload the os again???
Last edited by mat_tokey; 10-03-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Welcome to ! Have you tried rebooting your computer and a battery pull on your phone?
Have you try rebooting your computer or your handheld?Originally Posted by mat_tokey
If these doesn't work you may try re installing your DM or even re download it.
In many cases, there are some corrupted files on DM
I have this cooked .230 on my 9500 since release and a few things bugging me:
1. I use auto on/off but in the morning it is still off and no buttons work, I have to do a battery pull. Time is set correct.
2. It's not very good at reclaiming memory. I go from about 37Mb max to 31Mb in a day and then it slows down. This was a clean install (wiped with CrackUtil) and the only DBs restored are my Address book and Calandar which I restore every other time with no issue.
3. The only 3rd party apps I have are AmazeGPS, Ubertwitter and Viigo. I have always only had these but as I said I am down to 37Mb at bootup. Previous versions I had nearly 50Mb. I removed Docs to Go just to get it to 37Mb.
Anyone else seeing these kind of issues? Of course it's a leak and a Beta so I'm not complaining just wanted to see if others had the same issues.
Question , would you be able to install the JAVA Folder from Blackberry Simulator Package. I see Rim has released the 252 Simulator package for the 9500, wondering if we took the JAVA older and dumped it on our machines would this be enough to bring our devices to 252 ?
Most likely NOT. Since
1. This is just a simulator, don't forget this
2. The platform is a completely different one
3. It would just not work
But I like the thought of having .252 running on my 9500, though!