BB Storm will not detect Sim Card Network

Thread: BB Storm will not detect Sim Card Network

mikepr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times

BB Storm will not detect Sim Card Network

Hi, I recently got a BB Storm 9530 which is unlocked and started to use it with my ATT sim card without any problems until a few days ago when I noticed that it was working on an extended network instead of ATT's network. I upgraded the OS to the hybrid .109 but still shows the connection to the extended network. I took out the sim card and tried it in another phone and it works just fine. I even put a Claro (formerly VZW here in PR) sim card and it would not read it to establish communication with the proper network. I can read the contacts off the simcard and transfer them to the phone but that's about it. I checked the contacts inside the phone that connect to the simcard and they all look ok. Just wondering if anyone has seen such problem, and if there is something else I may be overlooking that can be done to verify this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gawad619 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    go to options>mobile network>change Network Technology to the GSM tab.... BAM!
    good to go
    your welcome in advanced

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    That did it!! Thanks a bunch!!

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gawad619 View Post
    go to options>mobile network>change Network Technology to the GSM tab.... BAM!
    good to go
    your welcome in advanced

Ohh. hes confident :-p

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Ohh. hes confident :-p
    Haha......confidence is good...as long as your right...
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-03-2009 at 06:23 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Got that working just fine, and I have another question, is the Storm screen as sensitive as the IPhone's screen?? I have a really hard time with the screen to respond to touch when selecting a key from the keyboard or any other selection from a menu. I have tried different sensitivity settings, and nothing seems to help. Could it be a bad screen or internal hardware?? And if it is the screen, how hard is it to find a replacement?? I can take the phone apart, but would need to find a replacement part if they are to be found anywhere. Bought the phone used so there is no warranty.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    screen sensitivity is not as touchy as the iphone. The storm does have a decent screen but I believe RIM made the Storm still based on a trackball basis and not a touchscreen. (if that makes sense). IF you wanted to replace your screen, there is a site called www.cnn.cn that sell all the parts you need. They are not expensive at all, I think atleast. About 99.00.

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, will check them out. I have messed with the G1 Google Phone from HTC and the screen is really responsive to touch plus it has a trackball.