Device

BB Storm will not detect Sim Card Network

Hi, I recently got a BB Storm 9530 which is unlocked and started to use it with my ATT sim card without any problems until a few days ago when I noticed that it was working on an extended network instead of ATT's network. I upgraded the OS to the hybrid .109 but still shows the connection to the extended network. I took out the sim card and tried it in another phone and it works just fine. I even put a Claro (formerly VZW here in PR) sim card and it would not read it to establish communication with the proper network. I can read the contacts off the simcard and transfer them to the phone but that's about it. I checked the contacts inside the phone that connect to the simcard and they all look ok. Just wondering if anyone has seen such problem, and if there is something else I may be overlooking that can be done to verify this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

go to options>mobile network>change Network Technology to the GSM tab.... BAM!
    good to go
    your welcome in advanced

Device
    That did it!! Thanks a bunch!!

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by gawad619 View Post
    go to options>mobile network>change Network Technology to the GSM tab.... BAM!
    good to go
    your welcome in advanced

Ohh. hes confident :-p

Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Ohh. hes confident :-p
    Haha......confidence is good...as long as your right...
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-03-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Device
    Got that working just fine, and I have another question, is the Storm screen as sensitive as the IPhone's screen?? I have a really hard time with the screen to respond to touch when selecting a key from the keyboard or any other selection from a menu. I have tried different sensitivity settings, and nothing seems to help. Could it be a bad screen or internal hardware?? And if it is the screen, how hard is it to find a replacement?? I can take the phone apart, but would need to find a replacement part if they are to be found anywhere. Bought the phone used so there is no warranty.

Device
    Tour
    OS
    screen sensitivity is not as touchy as the iphone. The storm does have a decent screen but I believe RIM made the Storm still based on a trackball basis and not a touchscreen. (if that makes sense). IF you wanted to replace your screen, there is a site called www.cnn.cn that sell all the parts you need. They are not expensive at all, I think atleast. About 99.00.

Device
    Thanks, will check them out. I have messed with the G1 Google Phone from HTC and the screen is really responsive to touch plus it has a trackball.