heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

is there a way to hide folders?

hi all,
    i was wondering if there is a way to hide a folder. i created a new folder called video2. i want to keep all my videos which i took with the video camera separate from all other video clips so that when i open up the media player, and i click on videos, it will only show the videos i take from the video camera.
    the problem i am having at the moment is that i have the 2 folders, and when i explore folders, all videos are in their respective folders. when i click videos from the media screen, it shows all videos together.

i was able to create a separate picture folder and hide that one, so that when i click pictures>all pictures, the pics in the hidden folder are hidden.

i just cant seem to figure out a way to do it for video.

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    If you don't want to view the other videos, you can exclude them in the media options. Not sure if this helps or not.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Hey helo,

You want to hide your video folder huh Wonder why youre hiding thatttt. hah. Anyways, yes you can hide video files. If you highlight the video and hit the BB menu and go to properties you should show an option that says hide. I know it works like this for pictures and pretty sure its the same for videos.

Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    hi all,
    i was wondering if there is a way to hide a folder. i created a new folder called video2. i want to keep all my videos which i took with the video camera separate from all other video clips so that when i open up the media player, and i click on videos, it will only show the videos i take from the video camera.
    the problem i am having at the moment is that i have the 2 folders, and when i explore folders, all videos are in their respective folders. when i click videos from the media screen, it shows all videos together.

i was able to create a separate picture folder and hide that one, so that when i click pictures>all pictures, the pics in the hidden folder are hidden.

i just cant seem to figure out a way to do it for video.

Sooner33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Ask and I Might Tell
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    .131 + 5.0 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    hide videos ? is she hot LOL
    BOOMER SOONER

heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Hey helo,

You want to hide your video folder huh Wonder why youre hiding thatttt. hah. Anyways, yes you can hide video files. If you highlight the video and hit the BB menu and go to properties you should show an option that says hide. I know it works like this for pictures and pretty sure its the same for videos.
    thanks. i'll try it on monday, since i was trying to do it with filescout, and deleted all my videos by accident. luckilly i have them backedup on my machine at the office.

Update:
    i found a free program that does exactly what i was looking for. it is called FileLock.
    hope this helps anyone else looking to hide things.
    Last edited by heloguy; 04-05-2009 at 12:17 PM.