Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Weather App works best with 5.0

dwvenus is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have found on my storm 9530 using os 5.0.0.230 (not the hybrid but the "actual" one) that WeatherEyetouch for the Storm updates the current conditions on the home page icon even though the basic generic WeatherEye icon doesn't change. I can live with that. At least I have properly updating info.

dwvenus is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    The only animated radar I have found to work on my storm 9530 using 5.0.0.230 is WeatherTap Mobile. I have the animation type set to java script as opposed to animated gif and it works. Other apps will show still images of radar but this is the only true animated radar I have had any success with.

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Q'stion about weatherbug... Just installed it via Appworld, and it's working fine but I thought in the home page it's suppose to have an icon with the weather. I just have the Icon for Weatherbug and when i click on it i can see the weather, but I don't see any weather being displayed on the homescreen. Is there something i'm missing? I'm running .230os. Or is that only displayed when you buy weatherbug plus? I'm using the free version.

BTW, i'm not using any themes, this is on the stock verizon home page.
    Last edited by quiet1; 10-05-2009 at 09:27 PM.
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1 View Post
    Q'stion about weatherbug... Just installed it via Appworld, and it's working fine but I thought in the home page it's suppose to have an icon with the weather. I just have the Icon for Weatherbug and when i click on it i can see the weather, but I don't see any weather being displayed on the homescreen. Is there something i'm missing? I'm running .230os. Or is that only displayed when you buy weatherbug plus? I'm using the free version.

BTW, i'm not using any themes, this is on the stock verizon home page.
    I know with BerryWeather the home screen icon does not update with .230. You can however move the icon on the app screen, then go back to the home screen and it will show the weather, then go back to app screen and move it back and it will show the icon on the home screen. I know this is the case with BerryWeather and it seems like its the same with weatherbug here. The weather apps do not seem to be playing nice with the 5.0 OSs.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I know with BerryWeather the home screen icon does not update with .230. You can however move the icon on the app screen, then go back to the home screen and it will show the weather, then go back to app screen and move it back and it will show the icon on the home screen. I know this is the case with BerryWeather and it seems like its the same with weatherbug here. The weather apps do not seem to be playing nice with the 5.0 OSs.
    I tried moving it all over the place and it's still a no go. Move it to the application folder, the back to the home screen (placed it as the fourth icon on the main scree) then moved it around in the app screen (i'm assuming the app screen is the screen that pops up when u press the bb button from the main home screen) and nothing. O well.

guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I have heard that some ppl are having issues with BerryWeather on OS 5.0 I have a Tour and im running 5.0.0.230 BerryWeather works GREAT! on my storm no issues what so ever
    Have a Telus related question? Just ask!

db306 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.???
    Liked
    0 times
    Try renderfast.com It seems to update fine on .230 for me and its a nice small program that uses the National Weather Service. I believe it has auto warning notifications etc. etc.

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    renderfast looks interesting. I dled it and will see how I like it, atleast until berryweather is updated.

PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Yea just inStalled renderfast, seem like it goes by the airport that's around the zipcode the user inputs. But it seems to display the temp on the home screen, so i'm fine with it. lol
    Last edited by quiet1; 10-06-2009 at 08:45 AM.

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

If you touch the icon it channges and show a pic of the conditions.

PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

If you touch the icon it channges and show a pic of the conditions.

Yea i realized that, at first i was like "wat is that" then i realized it lol

***Add on**

So here's something else I realized with renderfast. I installed it today morning, when i had my previous post, and till this time the temperature that was displayed on the icon didn't change, but when i touch/highlight the app icon it shows the temperature has gone up. I currently have it displayed in my main screen (the screen that is first displayed when the phone turns on, the one that has 2rows of icons *mine is set to 1row*) and on the main screen the temperature stays the same, but if i turn the phone to landscape or if i click the bb button (to take me to the app screen) it'll show the correct temperature. So wat i did was move it from the main screen to the row underneath and it updated the temperature, and when i put it back on the main screen it showed the correct temperature...anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by quiet1; 10-06-2009 at 01:06 PM.

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    I noticed the same thing. I also noticed that it absolutely killed my battery life, I had to charge halfway through the day and I never had to do that before. After I noticed this I deleted it and it took 6 battery pulls for it to actually be removed from my phone.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I am thinking that it may be the way OS is written for touch screen and that in fact affects the weather apps???

Quote Originally Posted by guanuck View Post
    I have heard that some ppl are having issues with BerryWeather on OS 5.0 I have a Tour and im running 5.0.0.230 BerryWeather works GREAT! on my storm no issues what so ever
    Posted via BlackBerry device

PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    That's odd cause I haven't had any battery issue. I have weatherbug and renderfast still installed. Yea don't ask y i have both, i just want as much weather info as possible i guess hahahaha

drurena25 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow drurena25 On Twitter
    PIN
    *ask*
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I was previously using weatherbug and i liked it just fine....but when i updated to .230 it didnt work as good. i'm using berryweather now thanks to my bf and its great!!

heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    does anyone know if BBWeather is or will be updated? i really like that program, and it has sunrise/sunset info as well.

Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey bro, I just discovered that I am not able to use my BT w/music. I cannot even delete one of my headsests. Am actually getting irritated with the white screen issue. I wanted your opinion w the infamous v8.5 w/.151 OS. It worked flawlessly w/my storm and "ALL" my apps worked and NO white screen issue. Can you refresh my memory w/the obvious features of that OS again..Like flick scroll, thread sms..etc..I may be going back to that

xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Berry weather works great and if you have a bit a patience eventually it does update itself on the home screen. You can also go to your app screen>options>switch to 3 rows save . Then go back to 2 rows. And it will be there until you reset.
    FREE 95xx ALIENWARE OMEGA SLIDER BY ZLEE67 http://tinyurl.com/alienware-omega
    VAPE INTELLICIGS AT WWW.INTELLICIG.COM
    BBOS ROCKS

66gt350 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    I just downloaded the NWSclient from renderfast. I keep getting an error message: Error getting current conditions: com.renderfast.nwsclient.ParseError: No icon_url_base node in XML

I'm getting the forecast, but not the current conditions.

-rob

bobchernow is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmoore81 View Post
    my wifes simple weather has been updating in the home screen if they could get weatherbug elite to work i would be happy
    My weatherbug elite works fine and upates the icon. I am on 5.0.0.230 on a Sprint Tour. I miss BerryWeather but had such bad experiences with it when I was back on the stock 4.7.0.40 OS that I have not taken the plunge to reload it. I would get the infamour 552 reload software every time.

I think I will wait till they come out with the 5.x specific fix and grab it then. I loved their radar.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast