Ringer problem on storm with 4.7.0.148

Thread: Ringer problem on storm with 4.7.0.148

happystormuser is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times

Ringer problem on storm with 4.7.0.148

just out of no where my ringer stops working. i'm still running 4.7.0.148 os, last night the phone was working fine, then this morning it doesn't work. It will vibrate no matter what sound setting i put it on. I did not download anything new since it was working last night. any suggestions would be appreciated. mahalo.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    I would start with a battery pull if you haven't tried already, especially if it started out of nowhere.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah, i tried that, doesn't work, thanks though.

Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by happystormuser View Post
    yeah, i tried that, doesn't work, thanks though.
    Very weird indeed...I will let the help team know and see if that can be resolved for you.
    I personally went right to 151 and never had any problems but we'll see what they say.

Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    i did back up my storm about three days ago, you think i might be able to restore it through the desktop manager?

Liked
    189 times
    Are you running any themes?

Liked
    189 times
    i did back up my storm about three days ago, you think i might be able to restore it through the desktop manager?
    You can do a back up anytime you'd like. Not a problem

Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah, blak-n-blue by natemz. aw i just reemembered i did delete a theme called buuf-berry-green by socalmiles this morning cause i think it was draining my memory, with in two hours i would be down to 0, so i went back to blak-n-blue about a three days ago, and my memory has been good since.

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    yeah, blak-n-blue by natemz. aw i just reemembered i did delete a theme called buuf-berry-green by socalmiles this morning cause i think it was draining my memory, with in two hours i would be down to 0, so i went back to blak-n-blue about a three days ago, and my memory has been good since.
    Check you settings within the theme, if that doesn't resolve the ringer you can try a restore from you last backup. Let us know how things work out.

Liked
    189 times
    From one of our staff members:

Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    If haven't made any changes to the device configuration, added any software and is not running a theme, then it may be time to call the carrier. Sounds like they may have a defective device.
    The restore from backup may fix it though, if its not a hardware defect.

OOPS: thanks Cruz

Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    i restored it with the desktop manager and now not only will my ringer not work but my speaker to listen on does not work, i made some phone calls and could not hear anything unless i put it on speaker phone, then shortly after that the button to put on the speaker phone completely diappeared, now i can't hear any phone calls period. anyway thanks for your help i realy do appreciat it, i'm gonna go to best buy tomorrow and see if i can get a new one under the insurance policy, do you know if they see all the apps. and the themes if they will say my insurance is void?

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    i restored it with the desktop manager and now not only will my ringer not work but my speaker to listen on does not work, i made some phone calls and could not hear anything unless i put it on speaker phone, then shortly after that the button to put on the speaker phone completely diappeared, now i can't hear any phone calls period. anyway thanks for your help i realy do appreciat it, i'm gonna go to best buy tomorrow and see if i can get a new one under the insurance policy, do you know if they see all the apps. and the themes if they will say my insurance is void?
    I agree...if OS fixes didn't work, then it's most likely a hardware issue that will exist with any OS. Good luck to you and definitely keep us posted.

Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    ok, i just disovered that everything is being sent to my earphone jack, i got my music player and the video player to work properly with out needing eaphones but the pandora and the youtube apps can only be heard with earphones. if i have earphones i can hear the phone ringing, once i recieve a call i can go to options and either put on the speaker phone or the handset and it works fine, but as soon as i hang up it goes right back to the earphone jack, i can't keep it permanently set like the video player or the music player. any suggestions?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    ok, i just disovered that everything is being sent to my earphone jack, i got my music player and the video player to work properly with out needing eaphones but the pandora and the youtube apps can only be heard with earphones. if i have earphones i can hear the phone ringing, once i recieve a call i can go to options and either put on the speaker phone or the handset and it works fine, but as soon as i hang up it goes right back to the earphone jack, i can't keep it permanently set like the video player or the music player. any suggestions?
    When I had that problem they called it an OS issue. Now mine just fixed its self, There are two things I would try. I would wipe and reload your OS on the phone, or take it and get it replaced. If its less than a year old take it to a verizon owned store (corp) and they will replace it under warranty. I could also get mine to go back to normal by plugging in head phones and unplugging them

Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for all your guys help, i got a new storm today under the insurance plan with best buy, just want to say the people there was very nice and professional. thumbs up to best buy. oh and one of the employees there told me to check out blackberryos.com, thought that was cool.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    thanks for all your guys help, i got a new storm today under the insurance plan with best buy, just want to say the people there was very nice and professional. thumbs up to best buy. oh and one of the employees there told me to check out blackberryos.com, thought that was cool.
    I am glad for you Happystormuser!!! And I love the blackberryos.com part :banana: mfg: :cool2: