Music player issue in .230

Thread: Music player issue in .230

Daso is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Music player issue in .230

Hello everyone, I've been really happy with .230. So far I have had almost no issues and it looks great and runs great.. I've only had one reboot in the past week. Memory stable at 21mb. This is really the most pleasing OS I've had on any blackberry so far EXCEPT!! the music player. Some people have mentioned the same problem, and I've searched the forum but can't seem to find any answers. When a song has finished the next song mutes. The only way to play another song regardless if its the next track or another album is to hit the back button, select the next song and play it. Has anyone else been experiencing this and has anyone found a way to fix it. I use my BB as my music player every day and this is pretty frustrating. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been really happy with .230. So far I have had almost no issues and it looks great and runs great.. I've only had one reboot in the past week. Memory stable at 21mb. This is really the most pleasing OS I've had on any blackberry so far EXCEPT!! the music player. Some people have mentioned the same problem, and I've searched the forum but can't seem to find any answers. When a song has finished the next song mutes. The only way to play another song regardless if its the next track or another album is to hit the back button, select the next song and play it. Has anyone else been experiencing this and has anyone found a way to fix it. I use my BB as my music player every day and this is pretty frustrating. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Sorry you are having this issue, I use my music player all the time and have not had this issue. Hopefully someone who has can offer some assistance or a work around

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Same here I use my music player many hours a day. No problems at all.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    what you have to do is plug ur phone back into computer. Then rerun apploader it will say that there is an update in one of the 5.0 system files let it update. What it is actually doing is installing a media accessory file that I believe is within .191. For some reason on first os install this file is not added. This should take care of this issue. If not let me know how it turns out.
    PS. it might say downgrade instead of update.

WiLLy2900 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    310AD602
    Device
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I am recieving a problem with the Video Player, when watching a video and you do not stop the video with the stop button before hitting the back button to go back to the list of videos the screen will turn black and i cant do anything to get the screen back and a battery pull is required to reboot the phone.

blackberrymylife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 953
    OS
    4.7.0.114 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLy2900 View Post
    I am recieving a problem with the Video Player, when watching a video and you do not stop the video with the stop button before hitting the back button to go back to the list of videos the screen will turn black and i cant do anything to get the screen back and a battery pull is required to reboot the phone.
    This one I havent experienced. Maybe a fresh install might help. Thats what I would do. But first I would try the same thing as I suggested before. Try and just rerun apploader maybe one of the video cod files did not install properly. But I would just wipe and reinstall fresh if it doesnt solve problem.

WiLLy2900 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    310AD602
    Device
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    okay ill try that now and edit this post when i try both

Okay i think this is the problem when you click the back button and the phone is in landscape mode it opperates correctly but if you turn the phone the up and down way and hit the back button this is when the problem occurs
    Last edited by WiLLy2900; 09-23-2009 at 10:18 PM.

dean0uga is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    when it mutes (second song being played), hit pause then play. this should fix the problem for the rest of the time listening to the music player.

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    I turned off audio boost and it seems to be better. But its only been a day........