THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    OS BBC Hybrid v10! Tmobile
    Liked
    0 times

Tmobile 3G Network on Storm

Ok, so I went to Tmobile site and it says I have 3G in my Area. I guess I am kinda late. So I try to switch my Storm to 3G and it can not get connected to the 3G network. I switch it to 2G and 3G and it gets connected but how do I know if Im on 3G? Will the Connection change from EDGE to 3G? Its been on this setting for a while now and it has not changed at all. Is there another setting I need to change to get connected to 3G network?

Forgot to mention that I am on OS 5.0.0.230 and it works great!
    Last edited by edemunsta; 09-23-2009 at 07:00 PM.

PBJ | PBJ Gear | M1926 Tech News Blog
    Storming on Tmobile - 9530

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by edemunsta View Post
    Ok, so I went to Tmobile site and it says I have 3G in my Area. I guess I am kinda late. So I try to switch my Storm to 3G and it can not get connected to the 3G network. I switch it to 2G and 3G and it gets connected but how do I know if Im on 3G? Will the Connection change from EDGE to 3G? Its been on this setting for a while now and it has not changed at all. Is there another setting I need to change to get connected to 3G network?
    Unfortunatly if you have a Storm and are using it on TMO you will not get 3G coverage. Verizon uses CMDA for 3G and TMO uses 3G, the two are not compatible. The only time you would be able to use your unlocked Storm on a 3g network would be outside of the US

edemunsta is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow edemunsta On Twitter
    PIN
    THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    OS BBC Hybrid v10! Tmobile
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Unfortunatly if you have a Storm and are using it on TMO you will not get 3G coverage. Verizon uses CMDA for 3G and TMO uses 3G, the two are not compatible. The only time you would be able to use your unlocked Storm on a 3g network would be outside of the US
    That was exactly what I was worried about. Darn. Oh well. I guess I will wait until my contract is up and get the Storm 2, lol. Thanks Jlevy!
    PBJ | PBJ Gear | M1926 Tech News Blog
    Storming on Tmobile - 9530

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by edemunsta View Post
    That was exactly what I was worried about. Darn. Oh well. I guess I will wait until my contract is up and get the Storm 2, lol. Thanks Jlevy!
    My pleasure.