Solved: .230 mms help plz

Thread: Solved: .230 mms help plz

nolimitzr1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times

Solved: .230 mms help plz

I reinstalled .230 on my storm properly as bt audio control was botched I guess. all is well except I notice I cant retrieve MMS and I do not se bb attachment service in app loader am I missing a fix? I am using bbc revised with 29 .191 files Thanks for the help in advnce

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    That is weird, cause I swear I saw it in the box...Let me check and I'll get back to ya
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    That is weird, cause I swear I saw it in the box...Let me check and I'll get back to ya
    i just rechecked not there on mine? but isnt this just for email? or does it control mms as well?

Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nolimitzr1 View Post
    i just rechecked not there on mine? but isnt this just for email? or does it control mms as well?
    Your right, it is not there. and i'm not sure.

I will report this to our help team and they will get back to you here if they have an answer.

Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times
    is mms supposed to work in this build i researched on google and attach servie appears to not be needed in the os now but my mms with fresh set of sent service books unable to retrieve error

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes your correct in the fact that the attachment service is built into this os now. I'm not sure how to fix your mms bug as my carrier has locked us out of mms.

I might suggest a handheld wipe and try it without any 3rd party applications loaded. make sure you do a backup first

5.0 is not playing nicely with some of the applications

I hope that helps but I'm sure one of our other team members might have some more suggestions for you if that dosen't work.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times

If your MMS is not working as was mine

This confirmed to work on verizon on 5.0.0.230 after a wipe and no apps MMS did not work sending MMS fails and retrival fails. I was tinkering around a bit and by deleting 3 or 4 MMS related service books. they all contained MMS in the title I found that my MMS option menu before deletion I could not select automatic retrieval as I deleted the service books I got more menu options such as confirm send delivery etc as soon as I had these active options working my phone went awal and started downloading. I resent the service books and no go deleted again resent again and Im working!

Thanks to all who helped before :hail:
    Last edited by nolimitzr1; 09-23-2009 at 04:01 AM.

Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times
    FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! deleted all 3 or maybe 4 service books related to MMS resent them....NO go.....deleted and started looking around MMS under options I got more options to select than I had before. (before I could see 4 selections and could not choose auto, manual retrieval) deleted all mms books again and Im sending and recieving like a champ. Wonder if some internal incorporation is involved like the attach. service........Thanks fellas

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    That great thanks for reposting! enjoy your new os :fing02:
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Geners is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    OCCHIO!! You ARE a real Boy!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    This confirmed to work on verizon on 5.0.0.230 after a wipe and no apps MMS did not work sending MMS fails and retrival fails. I was tinkering around a bit and by deleting 3 or 4 MMS related service books. they all contained MMS in the title I found that my MMS option menu before deletion I could not select automatic retrieval as I deleted the service books I got more menu options such as confirm send delivery etc as soon as I had these active options working my phone went awal and started downloading. I resent the service books and no go deleted again resent again and Im working!

Thanks to all who helped before :hail:
    Can you tell me where to find these service books? Looked under Options>MMS and cant find. Thanx in advance for the help

deeemaa is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    1st post here but long time lurker and reader of blackberry os. im also on .230 on the Tour and was having MMS problems too but i found out that if i tried to send pix and leave it alone it wont send thru. But if i change the size after i select the pix(it give me options of original, large, medium or small. large medium and small will be sent and received for receiptient. orginal does not gets received but shows sent. This is what ive played with and came up with.

note: i was only having problems with this on a vzw tour being sent to non vzw phones.

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geners View Post
    Can you tell me where to find these service books? Looked under Options>MMS and cant find. Thanx in advance for the help
    Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deeemaa View Post
    1st post here but long time lurker and reader of blackberry os. im also on .230 on the Tour and was having MMS problems too but i found out that if i tried to send pix and leave it alone it wont send thru. But if i change the size after i select the pix(it give me options of original, large, medium or small. large medium and small will be sent and received for receiptient. orginal does not gets received but shows sent. This is what ive played with and came up with.

note: i was only having problems with this on a vzw tour being sent to non vzw phones.
    Could be some sort of size limit...

TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I agree, bro !

Liked
    189 times
    fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deleted all 3 or maybe 4 service books related to mms resent them....no go.....deleted and started looking around mms under options i got more options to select than i had before. (before i could see 4 selections and could not choose auto, manual retrieval) deleted all mms books again and im sending and recieving like a champ. Wonder if some internal incorporation is involved like the attach. Service........thanks fellas
    awesome!

Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times
    most phone to phone mms have built in size limits for sending recieving so more than likely wont be the case. I did try the wipe as stated before by some one and it did not fix it at least for my storm. (not going to discredit the person who suggested such idea)

Go to advanced options>service book

delete the following books
    MMS Client [MMS]
    MMS Transport (RIM) WPTCP
    there was a 3rd one but its not listed anymore delete any which say MMS resend the service books delete again resend you should be good to go I did not do a battery pull until it was working. I then did a pull to be sure the fix stuck

hope it helps :hail:
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    I agree, bro !

Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times
    what is the default size of the pics resolution wise? also are these pics taken with the tour? or are they images transfered to media card and trying to send at any rate you should be able to transfer a larger pic as an email MMS does have a size limit if memory serves me right
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    what is the default size of the pics resolution wise? also are these pics taken with the tour? or are they images transfered to media card and trying to send at any rate you should be able to transfer a larger pic as an email MMS does have a size limit if memory serves me right
    I would recommend using a a smaller pic size when sending MMS that way you can ensure delivery. I have had some MMS issues while sending to large of a file. I do not have a tour so I am unable to answer your second question, but the files should be transfered from your media card if that is where you are saving them to.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner