Can you password certain files?
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Can you password certain files?

  1. #1
    TeamExtremeMike's Avatar
    TeamExtremeMike is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Hybrid v4.7.0.114
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times

    Can you password certain files?

    I have to Storm 9530 with the V3 hybrid 114. I'm wondering if there is anyway to password my memory card or at least the folder that goes to the pictures in the memory card. People use my phone and it makes me nervous that when i'm not looking they'll sneak into my pictures. Being able to password it would be the best thing if possible. If not what other options do I have?

    Mike




  2. #2
    mmanuel552's Avatar
    mmanuel552 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow mmanuel552 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kiladelphia
    Device
    HTC Incredible / Droid /Pre +
    Posts
    299
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamExtremeMike View Post
    I have to Storm 9530 with the V3 hybrid 114. I'm wondering if there is anyway to password my memory card or at least the folder that goes to the pictures in the memory card. People use my phone and it makes me nervous that when i'm not looking they'll sneak into my pictures. Being able to password it would be the best thing if possible. If not what other options do I have?

    Mike
    If im not mistaking you can create a a subfolder that would be able to be password protected. you must have some good pics on there that you dont want out

  3. #3
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamExtremeMike View Post
    I have to Storm 9530 with the V3 hybrid 114. I'm wondering if there is anyway to password my memory card or at least the folder that goes to the pictures in the memory card. People use my phone and it makes me nervous that when i'm not looking they'll sneak into my pictures. Being able to password it would be the best thing if possible. If not what other options do I have?

    Mike
    There is a program called File Lock, it allows you to password protect just about everything not to mention is free. You can can get it in the 3rd party apps here

  4. #4
    TeamExtremeMike's Avatar
    TeamExtremeMike is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Hybrid v4.7.0.114
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmanuel552 View Post
    If im not mistaking you can create a a subfolder that would be able to be password protected. you must have some good pics on there that you dont want out
    Haha Well, none of them are of me. Just don't want the girl I'm dating to snoop through my phone while using it one day and boom. Big fight. Actually that would probably result in breakup. ha Better safe than sorry. haha

    Thanks for the info Both of you. I'll definately download that app.


    Mike

  5. #5
    brockmant is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamExtremeMike View Post
    Haha Well, none of them are of me. Just don't want the girl I'm dating to snoop through my phone while using it one day and boom. Big fight. Actually that would probably result in breakup. ha Better safe than sorry. haha

    Thanks for the info Both of you. I'll definately download that app.


    Mike
    Man what the heck do you have to hide.... lol.

  6. #6
    Brian.Tufo's Avatar
    Brian.Tufo is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kittery, ME
    PIN
    305BC4D1
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.1xx v3.5
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    2 times
    i tried file lock and locked a file and it didnt show up anymore i just couldnt figure out how to view it again after that. i only played with it for a little bit though.

  7. #7
    TeamExtremeMike's Avatar
    TeamExtremeMike is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Hybrid v4.7.0.114
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried filelock and it just gave me an error when I tried to lock the sd card. hmmm Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •