SFEdward is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SFEdward On Twitter
    Device
    Telus 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal's Beta 6v10
    Liked
    0 times

Transferring via usb

anyone else having issues transferring music and videos to there storm since switching to .230

I'm using windows 7 64bit and about every 2 minutes I get a scan for errors popup. I have formated my micros sd but I keep getting the same issue. When its a clean format(via sd reader) I can put anything on it with no issues but as soon as my storm places the folder structure I cant seem to do a transfer without issues

Any Ideas?

Read My Blog|Follow Me
    Current OS 5.0.0.230 (Technically Hybrid)
    Storm 9530|Swapped x 4)

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    I am getting these errors on .230 for the 9630 as well. I click cancel and it proceeds with no issues. Not sure why the errors are popping up though

cschmidt89 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I had this same problem yesterday, after messing around I found that if I opened up BB desktop manager and then transfered files to my BB it worked fine. Otherwise if I didn't it would lose sync with the phone and nothing would transfer.

edgemaster191 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i know this is the storm thread so please forgive me

i'm having the same issue on my Tour. it does it on my laptop at work (Windows Vista home premium x64) and my desktop at work (windows 7 x64) both with the newest drivers/desktop manager from RIM's website

weird thing is, same DM on my pc at home running Vista home premium x64 i have no problems at all :/

all three machines i'm connecting directly to the computer (no usb hubs) and i don't get the "low power" error on my tour and i've tried two different USB cables at work...*scratches head*

same thing here too, i can remove the sd card and plug it directly into any PC and transfer to/from with no problems.

i don't know if it matters but i upgraded from 4.7.1.53 to 5.0.0.230, i was going to attempt a clean wipe and a fresh install and see if it fixes it. but seeing that it works fine on my computer at home..i dunno

only difference between my home pc and my work pc's are i don't have teh actuall os installed on the work pc's, just DM...i wonder if that has anything to do with it? just a shot in a dark

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by edgemaster191 View Post
    i know this is the storm thread so please forgive me

i'm having the same issue on my Tour. it does it on my laptop at work (Windows Vista home premium x64) and my desktop at work (windows 7 x64) both with the newest drivers/desktop manager from RIM's website

weird thing is, same DM on my pc at home running Vista home premium x64 i have no problems at all :/

all three machines i'm connecting directly to the computer (no usb hubs) and i don't get the "low power" error on my tour and i've tried two different USB cables at work...*scratches head*

same thing here too, i can remove the sd card and plug it directly into any PC and transfer to/from with no problems.

i don't know if it matters but i upgraded from 4.7.1.53 to 5.0.0.230, i was going to attempt a clean wipe and a fresh install and see if it fixes it. but seeing that it works fine on my computer at home..i dunno

only difference between my home pc and my work pc's are i don't have teh actuall os installed on the work pc's, just DM...i wonder if that has anything to do with it? just a shot in a dark

DM 5.0 is picky about vista 64bit.. its odd. if you are having trouble with connecting to DM 5.0 on vista 64 try downgrading to 4.7 and see if that fixes the problem.. its odd because some ppl's it is fine, but others its a no go.

edgemaster191 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    the odd thing is i can backup/restore via DM on my machines at work but not transfer files. at home everything works great...very strange.

tomorrow i'll install the 5.0.0.230 os files on my comp at work and see if there is a difference....

i transfer files to my phone more at work then i do at home so it'd be nice if i didn't have to take the sd card out of my phone everytime i want to move files...

this is my first Blackberry so i'm still learning all the quirks and add a beta OS on top of it lol...

i must say between this place and crackberry i've learned a lot and there's usualy an answer to whatever i need somewhere...

thanks guys