Threaded SMS on 5.0.0.230 ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Threaded SMS on 5.0.0.230 ?

  1. #1
    Spidersweb's Avatar
    Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EST
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    1 times

    Threaded SMS on 5.0.0.230 ?

    I really have two questions:

    1) How do I reverse the order of my messages? Currently when I open SMS messages, the Oldest message is on top. I have to scroll down to see the newest.

    2) How do I turn Off the word suggestions? It is helpful typing sometimes but mostly it gets in the way.

    Thanks.


    All the World is a Stage..., and if you don't act right, I'm cutting off your Mic. :147:


  2. #2
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi, Spidersweb,

    For #1, go to messages, bb key, options, then general options and change the way they are displayed.

    For #2, go to options, text and input options, show text input options, and uncheck predictive text.

    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Spidersweb's Avatar
    Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EST
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks Dear but I'm only half way there,

    I don't see an option to 'Show recent message first.'
    I did find the predictive text although it does not say that. Under 'Options' (Home Screen), 'SMS text' and then 'Disable Auto Text'..., I changed that to 'Yes'.
    All the World is a Stage..., and if you don't act right, I'm cutting off your Mic. :147:

  4. #4
    quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NY
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Posts
    330
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    Thanks Dear but I'm only half way there,

    I don't see an option to 'Show recent message first.'
    I did find the predictive text although it does not say that. Under 'Options' (Home Screen), 'SMS text' and then 'Disable Auto Text'..., I changed that to 'Yes'.

    I don't think u did the 2nd answer correctly, and the reason I say that is because I had the same problem as u and I wanted to change it, but i could find text input option, till someone told me that u have to hold the phone in landscape view. So i'm not too sure which one u chage, but go back to option, change the phone to landscape, go to Language and Text Input and u'll see the option text input.

    As for the first q'stion...idk the answer, sorry
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

  5. #5
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    The only sort by feature on my BB is name, subject or subject, name I believe. I don't know how to change sort order by date/time.

  6. #6
    Vaffanculo403's Avatar
    Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    ^^^What he said

  7. #7
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    The only sort by feature on my BB is name, subject or subject, name I believe. I don't know how to change sort order by date/time.
    yup, I dont think date/time will be an option in threaded... just my .02 cents

  8. #8
    bdube's Avatar
    bdube is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow bdube On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lubbock, TX aka Texa
    PIN
    all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Posts
    518
    Liked
    0 times
    my workaround to not being able to read my most recent message on top has been to use the swipe gesture down to move the the keyboard down, that way i can actually read the most recent message without having to scroll up from behind the keyboard...i think what is causing us not be able to read the most recent on top of the keyboard is the thread continuing behind the keyboard rather than stopping on top of it

  9. #9
    bdube's Avatar
    bdube is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow bdube On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lubbock, TX aka Texa
    PIN
    all u gott
    Device
    VZW Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes too often to
    Posts
    518
    Liked
    0 times
    takes 2 seconds to swipe it down so its not a major inconvenience to me

  10. #10
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb
    Thanks Dear but I'm only half way there,

    I don't see an option to 'Show recent message first.'
    I did find the predictive text although it does not say that. Under 'Options' (Home Screen), 'SMS text' and then 'Disable Auto Text'..., I changed that to 'Yes'.
    Spidersweb, the auto text and predictive text are different things and have settings for both.

  11. #11
    Cal-El is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    I noticed that in the older OS's the newest text was always at the top of the screen and with threaded texting the newest is always at the bottom of the screen, being that .230 is still beta software it makes sense that RIM hasnt changed the software to incorperate the new style of texting yet! I am sure they will eventualy! As for the predictive text do this, posted by chris from ny at crackberry! Options>language and text input. Change word completion to auto correct. Problem solved. Word will auto correct in this mode. To turn off auto correct go to option>spell check and uncheck auto correct. that's all there is to it. Enjoy guys.

  12. #12
    Vaffanculo403's Avatar
    Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal-El View Post
    I noticed that in the older OS's the newest text was always at the top of the screen and with threaded texting the newest is always at the bottom of the screen, being that .230 is still beta software it makes sense that RIM hasnt changed the software to incorperate the new style of texting yet! I am sure they will eventualy! As for the predictive text do this, posted by chris from ny at crackberry! Options>language and text input. Change word completion to auto correct. Problem solved. Word will auto correct in this mode. To turn off auto correct go to option>spell check and uncheck auto correct. that's all there is to it. Enjoy guys.
    Dude the threaded SMS on .230 IS the new style of texting...

  13. #13
    quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NY
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Posts
    330
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal-El View Post
    As for the predictive text do this, posted by chris from ny at crackberry! Options>language and text input. Change word completion to auto correct. Problem solved.
    But the one thing everyone seem to forget when giving this advice is the phone has to b in landscape, for some reason the option for text input doesn't display when in portrait, one of the many things about the storm os lol.
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

  14. #14
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    8 times
    Wirelessly posted (9000 OS 5.0.0.191)

    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal-El View Post
    As for the predictive text do this, posted by chris from ny at crackberry! Options>language and text input. Change word completion to auto correct. Problem solved.
    But the one thing everyone seem to forget when giving this advice is the phone has to b in landscape, for some reason the option for text input doesn't display when in portrait, one of the many things about the storm os lol.
    It doesn't show in portrait mode because it uses suretype, which needs the predictive text to work correctly, while in landscape you get a full keyboard meaning that you don't necessary need the predictive text.

    Hope that make sense
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  15. #15
    quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NY
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Posts
    330
    Liked
    0 times
    I never bothered to put much thought into y that is, but after reading your explanation, ealvnv, it makes a lot of sense. Thank you.
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

  16. #16
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    my workaround to not being able to read my most recent message on top has been to use the swipe gesture down to move the the keyboard down, that way i can actually read the most recent message without having to scroll up from behind the keyboard...i think what is causing us not be able to read the most recent on top of the keyboard is the thread continuing behind the keyboard rather than stopping on top of it
    sometimes when i swipe it goes all the way to the top and i have to end up scrolling all the way back down to see the current message. i have also noticed sometimes a text gets put up in the middle of the threadmfg: kinda weird.
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

  17. #17
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    8 times
    Wirelessly posted (9000 OS 5.0.0.191)

    On my bold when I open a convo it opens straight on the bottom meaning I can read the newer message, as work around you can try to type a letter on the text box and hit the back key till you get out of the app, that way if you open it again it will go to last message you got
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  18. #18
    Spidersweb's Avatar
    Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EST
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdube View Post
    my workaround to not being able to read my most recent message on top has been to use the swipe gesture down to move the the keyboard down, that way i can actually read the most recent message without having to scroll up from behind the keyboard...i think what is causing us not be able to read the most recent on top of the keyboard is the thread continuing behind the keyboard rather than stopping on top of it
    This is what I have been doing also. It's just not a very big window to see your message if you don't and there is a long text.
    All the World is a Stage..., and if you don't act right, I'm cutting off your Mic. :147:

  19. #19
    bbprintz215's Avatar
    bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.975
    Posts
    324
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks I had the same questions!

  20. #20
    Cal-El is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffanculo403 View Post
    Dude the threaded SMS on .230 IS the new style of texting...
    LOL, yea I know that, what I meant was that RIM needs to change the rest of the OS to work with the threaded texting, so it opens up with the bottom text showing and not the top!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •