Thread: Bbm 5.0.0.230

polosport is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Bbm 5.0.0.230

Can you not use the BBM5 that was designed for OS 5.0 or 5.1? I swear it worked with with the first OS5.0 leak for the 9530...

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by polosport View Post
    Can you not use the BBM5 that was designed for OS 5.0 or 5.1? I swear it worked with with the first OS5.0 leak for the 9530...
    Hi Polo, welcome to BBOS!!!!

You are correct, it worked with .140 leak. Unfortunately, after OS .151, none of BBM 5 work. The only one that does is 4.7.

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. I saw that everyone reports only being able to use 4.7 but I swore I got it to work on that first 5.0 leak but went back to 4.7.151 because of the issues. I guess I will just have to sit in line with everyone else and wait for it!

Thanks for the prompt reply!

katiepea is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    249eca77
    Device
    OS
    hybrid
    Liked
    0 times

yes :(

Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Hi Polo, welcome to BBOS!!!!

You are correct, it worked with .140 leak. Unfortunately, after OS .151, none of BBM 5 work. The only one that does is 4.7.
    this is exceptionally disappointing and the reason i'm not using 5.0, i want bbm with sms badly !!! BADLY!!!

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    this is exceptionally disappointing and the reason i'm not using 5.0, i want bbm with sms badly !!! BADLY!!!
    It is disappointing....but the BBM 5 that's available, doesn't have threaded sms either. Threaded SMS is very nice on OS 5.0

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I just put 230 on to see how it works and it is awesome. You get the avatars or contact image on top of each SMS conversation just like in BBM5. Can't wait until this is fully functional and officially released. I agree it is disappointing, I think they are trying to slow/lower the number of BBM5 users out there until they get their servers and or bandwidth upgraded to support the official roll out after the issues.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by polosport View Post
    I just put 230 on to see how it works and it is awesome. You get the avatars or contact image on top of each SMS conversation just like in BBM5. Can't wait until this is fully functional and officially released. I agree it is disappointing, I think they are trying to slow/lower the number of BBM5 users out there until they get their servers and or bandwidth upgraded to support the official roll out after the issues.
    That and I think they are just trying to perfect it.

katiepea is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    249eca77
    Device
    OS
    hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    It is disappointing....but the BBM 5 that's available, doesn't have threaded sms either. Threaded SMS is very nice on OS 5.0
    yeah i tried threaded sms out, i was under the belief that sms would be included in the final build of BBM tho, considering videos have shown people adding contacts in BBM via telephone number, thats what i was referring too, i'd rather use threaded sms in bbm than the standalone client, i didn't much care for the standalone