Very Low volume in handset mode when making or receiving calls
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Very Low volume in handset mode when making or receiving calls

  1. #1
    scattaman's Avatar
    scattaman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
    PIN
    305836DD
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    1 times

    Very Low volume in handset mode when making or receiving calls

    Hey guys... I have a serious issue with my Storm 9530...:17:

    I recently realize that when i make or receive calls i cannot hear the other line because the phone is extremely low... the person on the other line can hear me perfectly but I cannot hear them...

    I have to either put it in speaker mode or headset mode... if I'm in a very quiet area I can barely make out the sound but nothing I do can increase the volume...

    I've tried Bat Pulls, OS changes.. Official OS, Leaked OS, Hybrids... you name it... I'm now convinced that it is a hardware issue but apart from carrying it in is there anyway for me to fix this?

    Thanks in advance for your help




  2. #2
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scattaman View Post
    Hey guys... I have a serious issue with my Storm 9530...:17:

    I recently realize that when i make or receive calls i cannot hear the other line because the phone is extremely low... the person on the other line can hear me perfectly but I cannot hear them...

    I have to either put it in speaker mode or headset mode... if I'm in a very quiet area I can barely make out the sound but nothing I do can increase the volume...

    I've tried Bat Pulls, OS changes.. Official OS, Leaked OS, Hybrids... you name it... I'm now convinced that it is a hardware issue but apart from carrying it in is there anyway for me to fix this?

    Thanks in advance for your help
    What OS are you running?
    Less of of a n00b than yesterday

  3. #3
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I would think it is a hardware issue. My phone has never been louder. That is one of the features that I really love about this OS.

  4. #4
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scattaman View Post
    Hey guys... I have a serious issue with my Storm 9530...:17:

    I recently realize that when i make or receive calls i cannot hear the other line because the phone is extremely low... the person on the other line can hear me perfectly but I cannot hear them...

    I have to either put it in speaker mode or headset mode... if I'm in a very quiet area I can barely make out the sound but nothing I do can increase the volume...

    I've tried Bat Pulls, OS changes.. Official OS, Leaked OS, Hybrids... you name it... I'm now convinced that it is a hardware issue but apart from carrying it in is there anyway for me to fix this?

    Thanks in advance for your help


    First check your default volume setting in Phone > Options > General Options > Default Call Volume. I have mine set at 75%.

    I also have Enhanced Audio set to Enabled.

    Also I find that moving the handset during a call so the earpiece sits in a certain way on my ear makes a difference in sound volume.
    Less of of a n00b than yesterday

  5. #5
    scattaman's Avatar
    scattaman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
    PIN
    305836DD
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    1 times
    I have tried every OS previously released... including .191, .230, BBcrackman v8.5, and official and leaked OS... I'm currently on Lyricidal 7.1... I've also tried going into default call volume and turning it to 100% but its still low

  6. #6
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scattaman View Post
    I have tried every OS previously released... including .191, .230, BBcrackman v8.5, and official and leaked OS... I'm currently on Lyricidal 7.1... I've also tried going into default call volume and turning it to 100% but its still low


    Helo is probably correct then. Hardware issue if nothing else is working for you.
    Less of of a n00b than yesterday

  7. #7
    rcdeck's Avatar
    rcdeck is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow rcdeck On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    0 times

    Similar Issue

    I have had a similar issue to this when I first got my phone.. DOH! I had to bring it back to the store within the first 5 days because of this and it did end up being a hardware issue. They replaced my phone for me on the spot. Highly frustrating issue, since the phone was so new, I didn't think that could be the issue but, it was

    Hope that helps.

  8. #8
    scattaman's Avatar
    scattaman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
    PIN
    305836DD
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks guys... i'm just gonna carry it in for repairs... i just now hope that it can be fixed

  9. #9
    rcdeck's Avatar
    rcdeck is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow rcdeck On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scattaman View Post
    Thanks guys... i'm just gonna carry it in for repairs... i just now hope that it can be fixed
    I have a feeling they are going to replace it for you, I would make sure you have the official OS on before you bring it in just in case they get nosy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •