Thread: Java Error

NLT000 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Java Error

i just bought the blackberry storm and the salesmen downloaded the 'quickpull lite' application and told me to run it daily to clear the memory cache so my phone doesnt slow down. at first it was working, but now an error shows up when i try to run it (uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException). what does that mean, and how would i go about fixing it? google has failed me.

is there a way that i can manually clean my memory? the dude said this program 'simulates a battery pull'. does that mean that pulling out the battery will do the same thing?

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NLT000 View Post
    i just bought the blackberry storm and the salesmen downloaded the 'quickpull lite' application and told me to run it daily to clear the memory cache so my phone doesnt slow down. at first it was working, but now an error shows up when i try to run it (uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException). what does that mean, and how would i go about fixing it? google has failed me.

is there a way that i can manually clean my memory? the dude said this program 'simulates a battery pull'. does that mean that pulling out the battery will do the same thing?
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS.com NLT000!!!

What it means usually is the app is either not compatible with you OS or it has not been set up.

I am going to go with the latter.

What OS are you running on your device? Go to Options/About and tell me what the version # is.

Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181)

that is the OS, correct? sorry this is my first blackberry

it worked a few times, then i downloaded more apps and whatnot, then it mysteriously stopped working...
    Last edited by NLT000; 09-19-2009 at 09:51 PM.

PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181)

that is the OS, correct? sorry this is my first blackberry
    That is correct and dont be sorry. This is the beginning of your blackberry addiction and we are glad to be here to help.

Now go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications/Highlight the "Phone" app, do not click/BB Botton/Edit Permissions and change each one to allow, save and exit. Now Highlight the QuickPull Lite, do not click/BB Button/ Disable Compatibility Mode. This may be how it is set now, if it is you will have the choice to Enable Compatibility, you dont want to do that. Now exit all the way and you should be good.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    the dude said this program 'simulates a battery pull'. does that mean that pulling out the battery will do the same thing?
    yes...it is the same
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

polar135 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow polar135 On Twitter
    PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    the dude said this program 'simulates a battery pull'. does that mean that pulling out the battery will do the same thing?
    <--- i personally hate pulling the battery out. I love using a program like quickpull to do the work for me. Welcome to and enjoy your BB!

Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    That is correct and dont be sorry. This is the beginning of your blackberry addiction and we are glad to be here to help.

Now go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications/Highlight the "Phone" app, do not click/BB Botton/Edit Permissions and change each one to allow, save and exit. Now Highlight the QuickPull Lite, do not click/BB Button/ Disable Compatibility Mode. This may be how it is set now, if it is you will have the choice to Enable Compatibility, you dont want to do that. Now exit all the way and you should be good.
    thank you so much, it works now :hail:

im really impressed with the quick responses and how helpful this forum is. i will probably be coming around here from time to time in the future.

PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    thank you so much, it works now :hail:

im really impressed with the quick responses and how helpful this forum is. i will probably be coming around here from time to time in the future.
    We look forward to seeing you in the forums!!! Glad it works!!!