ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by macapple View Post
    Can the 140 Radio be used with 230 java
    i dont believe so i think os's over .15x are not compatible with ones under that.

skram.1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    Liked
    0 times
    from what I understand No

macapple is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30FD82D8
    Device
    OS
    Macapples 607/612
    Liked
    0 times
    Trying to get a solid EDGE in most of my uses for the phone & keep 230 I've ajusted The apn setting several time tried clearing them to. Any time i use opera or wap connection I lose EDGE . Also tried 2g setting only with these still can't hold EDGE.

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    This gave me an idea and I am trying it now, but i do not think it is going to work. I had the Blackberry loading screen and now it is white with the phone and computer screen. I will update in a few.

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Just for the curious, I loaded .230 hybrid over .140 and it loaded up and now it is backing up my data files as we speak.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    Just for the curious, I loaded .230 hybrid over .140 and it loaded up and now it is backing up my data files as we speak.
    Yes, but unfortunately this OS that you have just installed will NOT be .230 apps running on the .140 SFI file, as loading the hybrid replaces the .SFI file.

The only reason that loading the .230 hybrid over the top of .191 is the recommended method is that there are a few nonessential files from .230 that are missing in the hybrid, these files will remain the version of whatever OS you install over the top of. So it's best to have them be .191, since it's the next newest leak we got our hands on.

If you truly want to TRY (and I emphasize the word TRY) running the .140 .SFI with .230 apps, what you want to do is this:

- install .140
    - run the hybrid installer, but point it to a dummy directory, i.e. C:\TEMP
    - go to the C:\TEMP folder, copy and paste the "Java" folder into the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\<OS NAME>" folder. When it prompts you, tell it to Copy and Replace with the newer files
    - run apploader as usual, and cross your fingers through the first reboot

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Yes, but unfortunately this OS that you have just installed will NOT be .230 apps running on the .140 SFI file, as loading the hybrid replaces the .SFI file.

The only reason that loading the .230 hybrid over the top of .191 is the recommended method is that there are a few nonessential files from .230 that are missing in the hybrid, these files will remain the version of whatever OS you install over the top of. So it's best to have them be .191, since it's the next newest leak we got our hands on.

If you truly want to TRY (and I emphasize the word TRY) running the .140 .SFI with .230 apps, what you want to do is this:

- install .140
    - go to the C:\TEMP folder, copy and paste the "Java" folder into the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\<OS NAME>" folder. When it prompts you, tell it to Copy and Replace with the newer files
    Dave12308,

that is exactly what I did, but it does not seem any different than .191 sfi. I am going to give it a full test run in the morning.

rahul.pillai is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow rahul.pillai On Twitter
    Device
    Storm [9500]
    OS
    Running 5.0.0.425 /.4xx Hybrid post Shrink A OS!
    Liked
    0 times
    Dave12308,

that is exactly what I did, but it does not seem any different than .191 sfi. I am going to give it a full test run in the morning.
    Let us know if it worked cause this will be great news for us 9500 users
    Rahul V. Pillai
    Push the envelope, watch it bend!
    Running 5.0.0.425 /.4xx Hybrid post Shrink A OS!
    [Thank you Lyricidal for Shrink A OS!]

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    the .140sfi and .191 java were not compatible, I am assuming this wont be either/

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    First, I am not going to claim to know what I am doing.

I erased my version of .191/.230 through my control panel. I did for get to delete the folder in my shared files. Then I downloaded .140, deleted RIM tools and Vendor Xl. Then I ran BBCs .230 Hybrid and routed it to .140. Then I ran app loader and everything loaded up perfectly. However, something must have happened b/c it looks the same as with .191. I did this to see if i could get BBM 5.0 to work.

I am going to do the same process over, but this time I am going to make sure that I delete all .191/230 OS files.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    First, I am not going to claim to know what I am doing.

I erased my version of .191/.230 through my control panel. I did for get to delete the folder in my shared files. Then I downloaded .140, deleted RIM tools and Vendor Xl. Then I ran BBCs .230 Hybrid and routed it to .140. Then I ran app loader and everything loaded up perfectly. However, something must have happened b/c it looks the same as with .191. I did this to see if i could get BBM 5.0 to work.

I am going to do the same process over, but this time I am going to make sure that I delete all .191/230 OS files.
    The .230 hybrid is mostly .230 files including the .230 radio so its less of a hybrid than traditional hybrids that use a wide variety of OS files. You could load it over any OS and it would still mostly be the same, except like 3 or 4 files I believe.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    The .230 hybrid is mostly .230 files including the .230 radio so its less of a hybrid than traditional hybrids that use a wide variety of OS files. You could load it over any OS and it would still mostly be the same, except like 3 or 4 files I believe.
    Rellims,

Thank for shedding some light on the situation for me. However, even with running this over .140, I could not get BBM 5.0 on my storm. I am just going to go back to running this over .191.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Rellims,

Thank for shedding some light on the situation for me. However, even with running this over .140, I could not get BBM 5.0 on my storm. I am just going to go back to running this over .191.
    I guess what I'm saying is that there are so many .230 files that by installing that hybrid that I don't think there is a way to get BBM 5 with the .230 hybrid.

If you get it to work, myself personally and much of Berry nation would be greatfull. The .230 OS and BBM 5 that would be sweet.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Rellims,

What rellims was trying to say is that even though you used .140 to install over the hybrid installer over writes the .140 radio, so you actually loaded the exact same thing with a different folder name. The way the hybrid installer works is that it replaces all the files in the folder you are using.. So for instance I could have 4.7.0.75 run the installer, and still have 5.0.0.230 on the phone but the folder would say 4.7.0.75.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Rellims,

aight bx...if you want to try the 230 java with the 140 sfi follow the directions dave stated earlier in this thread...:

- install .140

notice the part about pointing the hybrid to a dummy directory...that way you will not be replacing the 140 sfi with the 230 sfi. then just paste the java from the dummy directory to the os on your pc...then select replace.
    Last edited by catstide; 09-20-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!