Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by givmedew View Post
    I would hope that if someone DID ACTUALLY GO IN WITH THE WRONG OS that they would notice that you are running the wrong OS and void your warranty... it is very unlikely that your issue is caused by anything hardware related... I think that Verizon is starting to wise up and I was told by a tech that they are checking the os version to make sure you are not on the old OS which means they will notice if you are on a leaked one. I also heard that they are being informed to backup your contacts WIPE your phone and then try to replicate the problem before replacing the phone which means you probably wont be having any issues after they do that.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST... if you screen clicks very well dont count on getting a replacement with a good screen... my replacement SUCKED I had to adjust it the whole bottom half of the screen barely clicked...

As far as getting a upgrade to the S2 I doubt it... you have to remember that almost every s1 owner is going to try to do the same thing that you are and every s1 owner is going to think they are entitled to doing so... In other words I dont see many exceptions being made when EVERYONE will be asking for it.

Myself... I am going to use my dads upgrade since I pay for my whole family and just bought him a GZONE since he works on cnc machines and gets the nasty water on them...

If I didnt have an upgrade I would have nicely asked if someone could make an exception and give me the 1 year pricing which is only $70 extra
    I would of course have restored the phone to a "legit" OS before taking it into verizon regardless of the general "aptitude or ineptitude" of VZ store techs. I also agree that the likeliness of getting an upgrade when the S2 comes out is about as likely as winning the lottery!!! I agree that having a Storm with a great screen makes me fearful of going in and getting a lesser one. I had to go through 5 of them when I replaced my wife's originally. They started to get a bit annoyed with me at the store, but I nicely reminded them that I spend $2,000 a year with them. For now (12 hours after installing os 5) I am pretty happy with my storm, although the call button still doesn't respond everytime. Thanks again!!

PIN
    the tail on the donky
    Device
    Moto Droid, 9530 and 8230
    OS
    Android 2.0, v10 Hybrid, and 5.0 leak for pearl
    :bigeyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    I would of course have restored the phone to a "legit" OS before taking it into verizon regardless of the general "aptitude or ineptitude" of VZ store techs. I also agree that the likeliness of getting an upgrade when the S2 comes out is about as likely as winning the lottery!!! I agree that having a Storm with a great screen makes me fearful of going in and getting a lesser one. I had to go through 5 of them when I replaced my wife's originally. They started to get a bit annoyed with me at the store, but I nicely reminded them that I spend $2,000 a year with them. For now (12 hours after installing os 5) I am pretty happy with my storm, although the call button still doesn't respond everytime. Thanks again!!
    $2000 a year isnt the profit even before you start figuring in phone. If you slap them in the face with 300 in subsidy when you buy your first storm then at probably $150 a pop for refurbs thats $750 then one for you 1050 that has to go to paying reps, bills, towers, etc...

You have to remember this is one of the reasons why unlmited internet on non pda phone is only 10/m compared to 30 and for $20 you can get web vcast and navi whereas on the storm vcast is going to cost you $10 and so is navi...

They have to pay for the over double return rate from BB to phones. Those frus started as perfectly fine phones that had to be tested and have the plastics replaced... during that process they messed them up a lil...

If you have a working phone keep it.

I was going to return my frist one becuase when you double clicked the menu key it would pull the running apps screen and after I got a replacement because i cracked my screen i noticed the new one did the same thing sometime... becareful
    Last edited by givmedew; 09-20-2009 at 11:49 PM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by givmedew View Post
    I would hope that if someone DID ACTUALLY GO IN WITH THE WRONG OS that they would notice that you are running the wrong OS and void your warranty...
    Running the wrong OS in no way voids your warrenty.. they will want an authorized os on for testing, the only thing running an unauthorized OS does is means that if you have a software issue they will not support it. It in NO way voids the warranty on the phone though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123