Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    i will have the storm2 on the day of release because i love the storm and the s2 will be the new kid on the block.

Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    Carrier
    VZW
    Given that most of us may be tied to long contract upgrade dates my main issue is the complete basement bargain price of the Storm and the two for one offers coming out for phone purchases. With the recent hybrid release for the Storm and I would expect continued leaks and upgrades, I can wait for the S2 to go through its entry pains and issues. I would also have to wait and see what accessories I’ve purchased for the S1 can support the S2. Find it very difficult to pour money into these devices that the manufacturer can’t see the need to have some common degrees of compatibility. Besides there are quite a lot of us Storm users in BBOS Nation that would not know what to do with their late nights if there were no leaks and upgrades coming from BBOS.

"Sticking with S1 for now"

Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i will have the storm2 on the day of release because i love the storm and the s2 will be the new kid on the block.
    ditto

10char

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    I'll be interested to see if Verizon offers any kind of discount for current Storm owners (not to open up that bitching session again!), but more than likely I'm upgrading on day 1!

Current Storm has been greatly improved with the newest OS's, but these improvements have been using leaked OS's. I still don't think a person should have to go to as much work as Storm owners have had to in order to make their device work smoothly. While I have had fun tinkering and learning how to create my own personal Frankenstein's Monster, in the end as much as these devices cost they should work properly and smoothly straight out of the box.

If I break down and upgrade to a Storm 2, I'm going to be pissed if it is sluggish out of the box....

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    I wouldnt expect anything from vzw....

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I wouldnt expect anything from vzw....
    same here s1 is solid now...even with .148

also i wouldn't expect the s2 to be sluggish right out of the box. RIM has learned a lot with the s1 and will be building on that knowledge with the s2.

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    For me,, Wifi is the killler feature for S2. Also next killer feature for me is 'Both NW always ON'. So I can use my personal GSM & Office 1x and still won't miss any calls.
    Screen etc is not the deciding factor for me.

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    same here s1 is solid now...even with .148

also i wouldn't expect the s2 to be sluggish right out of the box. RIM has learned a lot with the s1 and will be building on that knowledge with the s2.
    Hope you're right Cat..... I'd hate to be disappointed and have to go to the dark side (Iphone)....

I'd love to find out the real story behind what happened regarding the Storm (1) release....was Verizon really pushing for early release and as a result Storm hardware & software was not want it should have been....or if RIM just totally miscalculated.....

I agree on .148....if Storm had come out of the box with that OS originally many of us may have never felt the need to dabble in the leak/hybrid trade.....perish the thought.....mfg:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast