Anyone know about why I can't get 1XEV on my Storm?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know about why I can't get 1XEV on my Storm?

anymanusa is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Anyone know about why I can't get 1XEV on my Storm?

Long story short, had storm for 6 months, screen blanked out, replaced under warranty, 1.5 weeks later that phone went into bootup loop, replaced under warranty with three other storms, none of which would get the 1XEV data signal, switched my account over to a Tour, and wha-la! data. But I told them I didn't want a Tour, so they switched me back to a Storm and put in a ticket to verizon.

I'm told it would be 7-10 days for the ticket resolution. In the mean time... no bbm, email, pandora,...etc.:no:

This really sucks, and I LOVE the Storm, so I couldn't fathom using a track ball device, even for a little while.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Spent 2.5hrs at vz tech service center, countless calls to the tier 3 techs, and even blackberry. Of course the host routing table thing was done, btw.

Krypto is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Krypto On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds like a setting issue on Verizon's end. I experienced a similar problem and Telus just had to double-check my account settings. It turned out that when I got my replacement Storm initially, the switch didn't go through correctly. So, flip of a switch and I was back up and running. Have you had them check to ensure that your new Storm is properly set up on the data plan? They may have the voice plan set up correctly, but the data plan is on a previous Storm.

I don't know if this is the case, but it may provide another suggestion.
    Krypto on CrackBerry Forums, BB Support Community Forums and Future Shop Community Forums

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Anymanusa, welcome to BBOS!!! I am really puzzled as to what the issue may be...You said you did register host routing table. How about sending service books? Have you set up your emails thru BIS site? How is your home reception area? Sorry for all these questions....I am trying to see if there are clues to the issue that you are having with 1XEV.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Anymanusa, welcome to BBOS!!! I am really puzzled as to what the issue may be...You said you did register host routing table. How about sending service books? Have you set up your emails thru BIS site? How is your home reception area? Sorry for all these questions....I am trying to see if there are clues to the issue that you are having with 1XEV.
    I haven't been able to get the signal anywhere over a couple of the cities that I frequent, and the Verizon store, where they say it should definitely come in. I'm not sure about the service books, and the BIS, not sure about. I've more or less left it in the hands of the folks switching the phones out. I'll look into the email thing now.

The techs did ask me for an email previously associated with my BB phone.

Thanks

edit: it says "your device had a problem connecting to the server" when I tried the email from one account to the other.

also, they said I can receive the proper stuff to register without the caps 1XEV
    Last edited by anymanusa; 09-14-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    If this helps anything, before I had this problem, I noticed I couldn't send an email from 1 account to the other with my bb, but I could send from the other to the first...

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    I know this may be already done, but have you tried dialing *22899 or *228 option 2? Updating your network services?

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    where do you live?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
    Sounds like a setting issue on Verizon's end. I experienced a similar problem and Telus just had to double-check my account settings. It turned out that when I got my replacement Storm initially, the switch didn't go through correctly. So, flip of a switch and I was back up and running. Have you had them check to ensure that your new Storm is properly set up on the data plan? They may have the voice plan set up correctly, but the data plan is on a previous Storm.

I don't know if this is the case, but it may provide another suggestion.
    thanks. I hope it's that easy, it sure won't be that quick though-2days now and counting.:17:

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    where do you live?
    North Alabama. Huntsville,Madison,Decatur and Athens area.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler View Post
    I know this may be already done, but have you tried dialing *22899 or *228 option 2? Updating your network services?
    The tech did the *22899 option, and I've done teh *228 1 thing, but I've not done the 2 option.

Thanks for the replies.

Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    heh good friend of mine just moved home to michigan from huntsville... anyway asking because of coverage area.. i'm said to live in a good area but it is kinda in a vally. when i had a usb verizion modem years ago i kept loosing 1XEV over and over, i even bought an antenna for it. to sum it up, they let me out of the contract for it saying i was in a poor coverage area. these days its a bit better, i get 1-3 bars at home if i'm lucky. think its just the area i'm in, lots of trees and hills. (on my storm)

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    heh good friend of mine just moved home to michigan from huntsville... anyway asking because of coverage area.. i'm said to live in a good area but it is kinda in a vally. when i had a usb verizion modem years ago i kept loosing 1XEV over and over, i even bought an antenna for it. to sum it up, they let me out of the contract for it saying i was in a poor coverage area. these days its a bit better, i get 1-3 bars at home if i'm lucky. think its just the area i'm in, lots of trees and hills. (on my storm)
    Yeah, I have a usb aircard too, and at home in Athens, reception is in and out,... at work it's great (Decatur).

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Thank you.:banana:

Perplexing to me is why would they be able to instantly set me up with data on the Tour but 3 brand new Storms no?

Just tried the 2 option, failed.
    Last edited by anymanusa; 09-14-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah dude that sucks, i bet you anything its your area.. i had to call and complain a buncha times and they documented it then had to submit some kinda bullshit whatever the hell form and told me they would call me with the results, which they never did. i called back and asked AGAIN and they agreed to cancel the contract and not charge me for the modem, which had the firmware on it fry like 3 times, each a replacement send.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anymanusa View Post
    Thank you.:banana:

Just tried the 2 option, failed.
    It failed? Try going under manage connections, turn off the network, pull battery. Once the phone boots up, go back under manage connections and turn the network on and then try *228 option 2.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah dude that sucks, i bet you anything its your area.. i had to call and complain a buncha times and they documented it then had to submit some kinda bullshit whatever the hell form and told me they would call me with the results, which they never did. i called back and asked AGAIN and they agreed to cancel the contract and not charge me for the modem, which had the firmware on it fry like 3 times, each a replacement send.
    doubt it highly. I've been all over this state, no data. Not to mention I had the phone with no issues for 6 months prior.

It failed? Try going under manage connections, turn off the network, pull battery. Once the phone boots up, go back under manage connections and turn the network on and then try *228 option 2.
    doin' it now thanks.

Edit: no dice. I could be in a bad area at work right now anyway, but the tech said to get the initial programming, I had to be in the 1XEV zone, and at the store, all their Storm demos where showing full coverage, but not mine.
    Last edited by anymanusa; 09-14-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    you trying loading verison's 148? .. i see you say yer on 167

just throwing out ideas

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    you trying loading verison's 148? .. i see you say yer on 167

just throwing out ideas
    thanks,but I just put 167 on a minute ago 'cause I was bored. 148 has been on it through most of this debacle.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    ok first you still have service right? like can make phone calls and that? what it sounds like to me is you have no data and since you got your phone replaced I am betting no one changed the pin number from your old one to the new one.. Not your fault.. you need to call vzw and tell them you need to change the pin number associated with you BIS account and have your service books resent and i bet you get 1XEV. let me know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast