Anyone know about why I can't get 1XEV on my Storm? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know about why I can't get 1XEV on my Storm?

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Wirelessly posted

Anymanusa, from what you are saying, it does sound more like an issue on vzw end (ie the setting, etc). Another suggestion I have is you might want to try either 5.0.0.140 or 5.0.0.191 OS for the storm. I have had the best luck and reception with 5.0 radios. 5.0.0.140 has a random reboot issue, although I think it's more 3rd party app related...and 5.0.0.191 has a non working camera. If you are willing to sacrifice camera, you gain nice new features like threaded sms, flick scrolling and great performance. I have ran both of those and .140 performed well for me. .191 is the best because of features, although camera is a downer. I really hope this helps as I know how frustrating an improperly working phone can be.

trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Wirelessly posted

My suggestion is to do a full wipe and install a brand new os. 5.0.0.191 is great if you can sacrifice your cameras. Also it shows as 3g instead so give it a try.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    I have to restate this.. this is more than likely not a software issue or anything to do with os... The OP said he got his phone replaced... 95% of the time this is due to not having the pin number on the BIS account changed.. I am not yelling or anything like that, just before we have this user redo his entire phone I think it could be fixed with a simple phone call to have that pin number updated

anymanusa is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    :banana::banana:BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!:banana::banana:

I had to spend another 30 minutes on the phone with a tech after I got a text from verizon saying the issue had been resolved, but basically the problem was registration confusion at Blackberry itself... too many phone switches in a short amount of time and they couldn't keep everything straight!

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12