Custome Alerts

Thread: Custome Alerts

drewmeister13 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    Liked
    0 times

Custome Alerts

I have about 20 custom alerts for ringtones for different people. Is there a way so i don't have to set a text sound for them and instead use the default one I have set for everyone else? It's a major PITA when I want to change my text sound as I also have to do it for like 20 different people. I really like having different ringtones for different people, but I want the same text tone for everyone. Is there any way of doing this or a program that I can get to do this for me?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drewmeister13 View Post
    I have about 20 custom alerts for ringtones for different people. Is there a way so i don't have to set a text sound for them and instead use the default one I have set for everyone else? It's a major PITA when I want to change my text sound as I also have to do it for like 20 different people. I really like having different ringtones for different people, but I want the same text tone for everyone. Is there any way of doing this or a program that I can get to do this for me?
    when you make a custom profile dont change the text, and take out the custom setting for each contact thaqt you have the sms alert set for

Device
    storm
    Liked
    0 times
    How do I do that? I don't see any settings under the text options

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    well go to each contact from your contact list that you have set that for and remove it then you can go under profiles and make a custom profile and set the sms options there

Device
    storm
    Liked
    0 times
    what am i suposed to remove? if I dont set a text tone for a contact when i create it, it just defaults to one that i dont want. What I want is to set custome contact alerts for each person with a custome ringtone. i want the text tone to default to what ever i have set under ringtones/alerts and when i change the alert under ringtones/ alerts it will automatically change all my custome contact alerts.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drewmeister13 View Post
    what am i suposed to remove? if I dont set a text tone for a contact when i create it, it just defaults to one that i dont want. What I want is to set custome contact alerts for each person with a custome ringtone. i want the text tone to default to what ever i have set under ringtones/alerts and when i change the alert under ringtones/ alerts it will automatically change all my custome contact alerts.
    if you havent set custom sms alerts then there wont be any set for that... but if there is a contact that you have set a certain ringtone to be the sms alert that will override what you have for a profile