Strange Music Issue

Thread: Strange Music Issue

Klypr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Liked
    0 times

Strange Music Issue

OK So I've had this problem ever since .65 when I first got the device. I've never said anything about it but it's really starting to get annoying.

I have about 1400 songs on my media card. Every time you connect you Blackberry to a PC all of the songs get removed from the media player index since you can't access them when MSM is active. When you disconnect, it rescans and rebuilds the index. The problem I'm having is that it doesn't always index every song. When I browse the device, all of the files are there. Connecting and disconnecting rescans the index and finds the files. It's not really a big deal but if I forget to check and then later go to listen to a certain song/album it's really annoying.

Anybody else have this problem? Any known fix? I'm running V3

Edit: I've already tried formatting my media card and deleted all of the index.dat files.
    Last edited by Klypr; 03-31-2009 at 09:09 AM.

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same issue only on ocassion, I am not sure what the problem is whether it's in media player or the sync between dm and the BB. I have tried reinstalling both dm and the media player but it still happens on occassion. I make sure and remove the media card before sync or updates, and i know it's not a fix but it make it much less agravating and only takes a second. But if anyone knows of a real fix. What DM are you using, i am on 4.7 and it hasnt happend to me the last few times i have added songs. Everyone says 4.5 is more stable but i'm not having any probles with 4.7 on vista.

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Klypr View Post
    OK So I've had this problem ever since .65 when I first got the device. I've never said anything about it but it's really starting to get annoying.

I have about 1400 songs on my media card. Every time you connect you Blackberry to a PC all of the songs get removed from the media player index since you can't access them when MSM is active. When you disconnect, it rescans and rebuilds the index. The problem I'm having is that it doesn't always index every song. When I browse the device, all of the files are there. Connecting and disconnecting rescans the index and finds the files. It's not really a big deal but if I forget to check and then later go to listen to a certain song/album it's really annoying.

Anybody else have this problem? Any known fix? I'm running V3

Edit: I've already tried formatting my media card and deleted all of the index.dat files.

Have you tried deleting the BBThumbs.Dat

Klypr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Have you tried deleting the BBThumbs.Dat
    Yeah I said index.dat but I meant BBThumbs.dat

Also, I'm running DM 4.7 without media manager. This happens when I connect my device to my PC even without opening DM. It almost seems like the scan gets lazy and just skips over random files.

DJJeffT is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow DJJeffT On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

same issue here

Quote Originally Posted by Klypr View Post
    Yeah I said index.dat but I meant BBThumbs.dat

Also, I'm running DM 4.7 without media manager. This happens when I connect my device to my PC even without opening DM. It almost seems like the scan gets lazy and just skips over random files.
    Any conclusion here? I am having the same results with 1200+ songs on my sd card.

Any help appreciated.

Jeff

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    I really think the only way of fixed it is by deleting the BBBThumbs.Dat file but i could be wrong.

from what they say over at the BlackBerry Forums:
    it is an indexation problem. When you put songs on the device, they are indexed by the Media application (so that you can search the files easily by typing letters). Sometimes the indexation fails partially. You just have to erase the indexation (no harm !) and recreate it.
    BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Missing music/songs - BlackBerry® Desktop Software - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

But you can find out a little more at the link i posted

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    I really think the only way of fixed it is by deleting the BBBThumbs.Dat file but i could be wrong.

from what they say over at the BlackBerry Forums:

BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Missing music/songs - BlackBerry® Desktop Software - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

But you can find out a little more at the link i posted
    Thanks! I will give that a try.

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djjefft View Post
    thanks! I will give that a try.

np :-)

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    So i deleted the bbthumbs.dat files from all 94 folders, let the card re-scan and all was there. THEN did my night auto reboot with QuickPull to awake to only 200 songs.

What gives here? Anyone have a fix here?