Thread: Cant add language to Storm

mickrg123 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    5.0 HYBRID
    Liked
    0 times

Cant add language to Storm

I am trying to add Portuguese language to my Storm, anyone know how to add this?

michaelwpg is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Hook up to DM. Using apploader, select Add, then Advanced.

You should find the language you wish to add in the list. Follow the prompts from there and you should be good to go.

Device
    OS
    5.0 HYBRID
    Liked
    0 times
    Portuguese is not listed.

michaelwpg is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    There are ways to add it, but it's fairly involved. A good chance of bricking if not done properly. Here you go, if you so desire (not originally posted by me, just passing on the info):

I think it should be possible, but there is a risk of causing device errors if it goes wrong.

If you are willing to experiment, with the knowledge you can roll back to the original Orange OS at any time, we can help.

First, install the original OS from Orange. This will have your language resource files in the form: net_rim_runtime_resource__he.cod

Use Window File Manager and navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\device OS\java

Copy all the resources that end in your language suffix and paste them into the update directory.

Then you will need a text editor to open BlackBerry.alx. Copy the following from the original to the update:

Quote:
    </language>
    <!--Hebrew language description text -->
    <language langid="0x000d">
    <name>&#x05d9;&#x05d9;&#x05e9;&#x05d5;&#x05de;&# x0 5d9; &#x05dc;&#x05d9;&#x05d1;&#x05d4; &#x05e9;&#x05dc; BlackBerry %_appsVersion:V02%</name>
    <description>&#x05d9;&#x05d9;&#x05e9;&#x05d5;&#x 05 de;&#x05d9; &#x05dc;&#x05d9;&#x05d1;&#x05d4; &#x05e9;&#x05dc; &#x05e1;&#x05d9;&#x05d3;&#x05e8;&#x05ea; BlackBerry %series% </description>
    Search for all occurrences of "Hebrew" and repeat the process.

Open each of the AXL files and repeat the process.

Save the changes.

Connect your device and start Applications Loader. One of two thing is likely to happen, your device may boot up correctly with the right language, or it might fail with an Uncaught Exception Error.

You are more than welcome to give it a try.

Device
    OS
    5.0 HYBRID
    Liked
    0 times
    I finally found a very easy fix to my problem. I found and installed a allang. operating system. Decided on .86

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mickrg123 View Post
    I finally found a very easy fix to my problem. I found and installed a allang. operating system. Decided on .86
    mickrg123, 4.7.0.86 would be a VERY old version of the 9530's OS; I am not sure what carrier you are on but 4.7.0.148 is the latest Verizon official; and beyond that in the 4.7.0.x realm there exist .151 and .167

If you are not against trying leaked 5.0 OSes, I know that 5.0.0.140 has Portugese language support, unfortunately it doesn't appear that 5.0.0.191 does, so I am not sure the 5.0.0.230 leak/"hybrid" would either.

I would personally recommend trying 5.0.0.140 as I cannot for the life of me find a 4.7.0.148 installer that includes Portugese.

If you DO decide to try 5.0.0.140, you can get it from this thread:

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...-software.html

Just remember to check "Add/Remove Programs" (XP) or "Programs and Features" (Vista/Win7) for "Blackberry Internal Tools for RIM" and uninstall THAT from your PC before loading the OS to your device, otherwise it will "phone home" to RIM with debug data periodically.