PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Cracked Screen

Hello Everyone! Hope you all had a great summer!
    I have managed to crack my screen on my storm. It's working good but looks like crapola! Does anyone know if the screen can be replaced or am I looking at another storm purchase??? EEK! And at what cost?

~tamara

tamara is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    oops. Just realized I posted this in the wrong spot...feel free to move it please.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    yes you can replace just the screen it is no easy task though.. there are placed to repair it as well. There is even one that is a member of this site, if someone knows that memeber off the top of their head please post a link, did you not have insurance on the phone

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello tamara,

I think you posted in the right forum. Anything 9530 Storm.
    So I found a link.

Screens for 9530 Storm

$100.00

I would think one would be able to find a better deal on a new device rather than replacing the screen.
    Your call. Hope this helps.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Hey Tamara, you could look on ebay. Looks like they are $80-$100 though. And you would have to take it apart and fix it yourself. Sorry to hear that your Stormie got busted

Ebay
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamara View Post
    oops. Just realized I posted this in the wrong spot...feel free to move it please.
    There are (at least there were) aftermarket replacement screens available on the internet. Google search might get you one. I'll see what I can find. But, you have to take the entire phone apart to replace it. Are you able to do that? Verizon has lowered the price on the Storm to $49 last time I looked. Not sure what your carrier has available but it might be cheaper to just replace it as the Storm 2 should be launching shortly and carriers are attempting to reduce their current Storm inventories.

PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    There is even one that is a member of this site, if someone knows that memeber off the top of their head please post a link,
    It's GSM. And the link is in your signature :laugh2:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

tamara is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30888EAE
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    oh you ppl are giving me way too much credit to think that I could possibly fix it myself.....ha ha ha....probably not a good idea. I had problems properly navigating the McDonalds drive thru the other day! LOL. I will check out the link and call my service provider and see what they can do.

Thanks!

xoxo

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    There are (at least there were) aftermarket replacement screens available on the internet. Google search might get you one. I'll see what I can find. But, you have to take the entire phone apart to replace it. Are you able to do that? Verizon has lowered the price on the Storm to $49 last time I looked. Not sure what your carrier has available but it might be cheaper to just replace it as the Storm 2 should be launching shortly and carriers are attempting to reduce their current Storm inventories.
    That is a good point, they are basically giving away the Storm now.

Another suggestion for you Tamara would be Horizon Wireless, there prices are not bad but they will do the repair process as well.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

Hey there. I have a friend that just fixed his. He ordered the screen from gsm unlock. Click on the link below my signature.

He said he paid a 110.00 canadian.

It's really easy to replace there are a few video's on you tube. Search for disassemble the 9530
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    oh you ppl are giving me way too much credit to think that I could possibly fix it myself.....ha ha ha....probably not a good idea. I had problems properly navigating the McDonalds drive thru the other day! LOL. I will check out the link and call my service provider and see what they can do.

Thanks!

xoxo
    If you aren't comfortable replacing it your self then, yes. Contact GSM in my signature or talk to your provider and see what they can do.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Tamara, I am sorry to hear about that. Do you by chance have insurance on tour storm? With Asurion, it would cost you $50 to replace storm.
    Last edited by olta777; 09-10-2009 at 01:40 PM.

buci1er is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PWN?
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    OS
    Whatever I Feel Like At The Moment
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello Everyone! Hope you all had a great summer!
    I have managed to crack my screen on my storm. It's working good but looks like crapola! Does anyone know if the screen can be replaced or am I looking at another storm purchase??? EEK! And at what cost?

~tamara
    i have a mint storm with no mem card i'm trying to sell for 100 dollars.....

PM me for details. i'll snap pics of it if you want and send them to you via bbm or something.
    Last edited by buci1er; 09-10-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks!

xoxo
    Well, you're intelligent enough to seek help in a forum with members as helpful as this one, so I am sure you're intelligent enough to replace your screen. Give yourself more credit!

That having been said, i'm thinking that unless you have device insurance, your service provider will likely be less than helpful. They'll likely suggest you purchase a new Storm at full retail. I would say that if buci1er's Storm is as mint as he/she says it is, $100 is an awesome deal as it would probably cost you more to ship your existing Storm somewhere to have it repaired. And you'd probably have a working device in your hands much quicker.

BTW, I must say (and don't mean to come across as rude by saying so) - if that pic is you in your avatar, you are beautiful.