Is there going to be another update for the 9530?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there going to be another update for the 9530?

Lunars Edge Design is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Lunars Edge Design On Twitter Add Lunars Edge Design on Facebook
    Device
    PlayBook
    OS
    Liked
    34 times

Is there going to be another update for the 9530?

Just curious if RIM has given up on releasing another official update for the 9530??? Any ideas?

mbar9607 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30DC03E4
    Device
    tour #4
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i dont know for sure but it seems that way recently.... looks like more focused on tours and storm2 coming out

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    I say no official OS for the 9530 until after the storm 2 has launced. If they do it won't be a 5.0 it will be some 4.7 piece of poo!!!!!!!!!

Lunars Edge Design is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Lunars Edge Design On Twitter Add Lunars Edge Design on Facebook
    Device
    PlayBook
    OS
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    I say no official OS for the 9530 until after the storm 2 has launced. If they do it won't be a 5.0 it will be some 4.7 piece of poo!!!!!!!!!
    Yea, they want all the Storm 1 users to buy a Storm 2, which will happen. I think that if you bring in a Storm 1 that one should get 50 percent off whatever the going sell price is for the Storm 2... since we were let down in so many ways.

BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerde View Post
    Yea, they want all the Storm 1 users to buy a Storm 2, which will happen. I think that if you bring in a Storm 1 that one should get 50 percent off whatever the going sell price is for the Storm 2... since we were let down in so many ways.
    If that were only true. One can always wish tho.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    RIM doesn't "release" OSes, the carriers do. That having been said, even older devices still get updated from time to time. There WILL be a 5.0.0.x released for the Storm 1, it's just a matter of no one knowing exactly when.

And there is no way in the world that Storm 1 users should get 50% off of the Storm 2; if you hate your Storm 1 that badly, you should have gotten rid of it back when you still could. I don't know exactly what people mean when they say they were "let down" by the Storm 1, it's teething problems are common with any new device type.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerde View Post
    Just curious if RIM has given up on releasing another official update for the 9530??? Any ideas?
    There may be another release, but it is hard to tell at this time. As mentioned before they may be focusing more on storm 2 since the release date is just around the corner. I am hoping for another leak personally and hopefully it will be a good one too!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Liked
    1 times
    Verizon will not release another update until 5.0 is official. Maybe other carriers will release a 4.7 OS as we have seen with 151 and 167.

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    And there is no way in the world that Storm 1 users should get 50% off of the Storm 2; if you hate your Storm 1 that badly, you should have gotten rid of it back when you still could. I don't know exactly what people mean when they say they were "let down" by the Storm 1, it's teething problems are common with any new device type.
    Because I'm american, I'm never held accountable for my actions. Its someone elses fault. I mean, come on. I deserve everything!

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh and I forgot, I am going to sue you for 32 million dollars for pain and suffering.

Device
    PlayBook
    OS
    Liked
    34 times
    RIM doesn't "release" OSes, the carriers do. That having been said, even older devices still get updated from time to time. There WILL be a 5.0.0.x released for the Storm 1, it's just a matter of no one knowing exactly when.

I'm just suggesting a promotion for the buyer for the simple fact that the Storm 2 comes out about a year after the Storm 1. I think you are being a little too in love with RIM. :baby:

Spector5 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Spector5 On Twitter
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, Verizon may give us the option to upgrade to the storm 2 for the "new contract" price it will be offered at. AT&T did it for the iphone owners when the 3G came out. They may want to do the same to keep their customers happy,especially if the storm 2 comes loaded with the features the 5.0.0.191 OS has. I don't think it has to do with anyone hating the phone,as much as it has to do with how much the phone was "under developed" when it was originally released. Overall, I love the storm 1, and if they give an OS that will be like .191, but with a working camera,threaded SMS,and an upgrade for the BBM 5.0 - I will be happier than a pig in poo. Just my opinion tho. We can wish,can't we?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spector5 View Post
    Hey, Verizon may give us the option to upgrade to the storm 2 for the "new contract" price it will be offered at. AT&T did it for the iphone owners when the 3G came out. They may want to do the same to keep their customers happy,especially if the storm 2 comes loaded with the features the 5.0.0.191 OS has. I don't think it has to do with anyone hating the phone,as much as it has to do with how much the phone was "under developed" when it was originally released. Overall, I love the storm 1, and if they give an OS that will be like .191, but with a working camera,threaded SMS,and an upgrade for the BBM 5.0 - I will be happier than a pig in poo. Just my opinion tho. We can wish,can't we?
    I gotta tell you unless you are at your one year date dont count on the new contract price... they got burnt bad bad at the tour release doing that

Spector5 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Spector5 On Twitter
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, I know A boy can dream tho, right?...lol

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I gotta tell you unless you are at your one year date dont count on the new contract price... they got burnt bad bad at the tour release doing that
    Do you remember when Storm 1 was released?

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yes I do!

If it was only released with a good 5.0!

jlyons is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow jlyons On Twitter
    PIN
    306796D0
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    It was November 21, 2008 - I've always played with my Blackberry's but this one takes the cake !! I'd love to have a dollar for every minute I've updated this OS - then I could afford the Storm 2 !!:aargh4:

Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    RIM doesn't "release" OSes, the carriers do.That having been said, even older devices still get updated from time to time. There WILL be a 5.0.0.x released for the Storm 1, it's just a matter of no one knowing exactly when.

While very informative not entirely true. 1.I love my storm problems or not.
    2. all the software leaks and official leaks show the initial release wasnt ready it's all about the all might dollar. We should have a product ready to do what they said it can do. PERIOD
    3.we are here for each other stop sticking up for the MAN! A guy can wish out loud here and not get flamed

My 2 cents how ever cheap

porkrind is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid Incredible
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookers View Post
    While very informative not entirely true. 1.I love my storm problems or not.
    2. all the software leaks and official leaks show the initial release wasnt ready it's all about the all might dollar. We should have a product ready to do what they said it can do. PERIOD
    3.we are here for each other stop sticking up for the MAN! A guy can wish out loud here and not get flamed

My 2 cents how ever cheap
    +1 to that!!
    From my experience, the problem is usually what you think isn't the problem...NEOLANTIS

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman
    Yes I do!

If it was only released with a good 5.0!
    I agree!!! They would have sold 3 times as many storms and 90% less returned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast