TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Liked
    1 times

Keyboard error

HELP! I have a storm with OS5.0.0.140 that I have been running for quite sometime with little to no problems .. Today started a problem I haven't seen nor can I find in any of the other threads, I keep getting the following errors when using my keyboard: 'Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_virtual_keyboard(31) is not responding process terminated'. This causes my device to freeze and I have to do a battery pull. I am not at home so I can't perform a wipe and reload, anyone have any idea on what might be going on? thanks Sean :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvrne1 View Post
    HELP! I have a storm with OS5.0.0.140 that I have been running for quite sometime with little to no problems .. Today started a problem I haven't seen nor can I find in any of the other threads, I keep getting the following errors when using my keyboard: 'Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_virtual_keyboard(31) is not responding process terminated'. This causes my device to freeze and I have to do a battery pull. I am not at home so I can't perform a wipe and reload, anyone have any idea on what might be going on? thanks Sean :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:
    I'm puzzled. It is odd that it suddenly your keyboard has stopped working. I wish that I could answer your question, but I would recommend doing a wipe and reload. Be patient through this difficult time and keep me posted if anything has changed.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    I'm puzzled. It is odd that it suddenly your keyboard has stopped working. I wish that I could answer your question, but I would recommend doing a wipe and reload. Be patient through this difficult time and keep me posted if anything has changed.
    HEY Sean thanks for the quick response. Yeah I am perplexed, puzzled and basically at a loss as to why this would suddenly change. I will wipe and reload the OS when I get home. Thanks again, Sean. :crazy:

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

When the message goes away can you type another letter and then the message pops again? The letter is typed on the screen though...

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    I also recommend a wipe and reload, but since your out make sure all of your other apps are closed except the one your using. One might be conflicting with the keyboard functioning properly.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    HEY Sean thanks for the quick response. Yeah I am perplexed, puzzled and basically at a loss as to why this would suddenly change. I will wipe and reload the OS when I get home. Thanks again, Sean. :crazy:
    Not a problem, just wish I could be more of a help to take care of the problem at this present moment.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    You can press and hold the off button and your phone will shut off. Turn back on your phone and continue what you are doing. Your memory is probably low so try to free up some memory. I just heard this has happened to someone before. Try it out and let me know how everything goes
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    You can press and hold the off button and your phone will shut off. Turn back on your phone and continue what you are doing. Your memory is probably low so try to free up some memory. I just heard this has happened to someone before. Try it out and let me know how everything goes
    running a shrunk OS have 47MG of available device memory so I hope that isn't it..

PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    ok I did a wipe and reload and right from jump I am getting the same error :aargh4:

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    ok I did a wipe and reload and right from jump I am getting the same error :aargh4:
    Really??? Not to sure what to say. Try your battery pulls and if worse comes to worse wipe and load again. It does not make sense that your phone was fine and now it is completely corrupted. Do you have 191 installed on your computer? http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KCFF7P7A
    Last edited by Seanren78; 09-08-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times

Go into options and scroll through everything and tell me if you notice anything missing... I ran into the same problem with shrink. I kept losing the memory options... Have you messed with anything else besides shrink?

PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    And also what did you remove? I understand that there is a few things that we would normally take out, that needs to be left with the 5.0 os! It was 2 things and for the life of me I can't remember what they were. I know who told me though... I'll go ask!

femBBuser is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30de7e50
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    too many lol-->.230 & 328
    Liked
    0 times
    i had the same annoying issue, i had to do quite a few battery pulls and the issue was finally fixed with a new install and not to mention the removal of the internal tools....hope this helps
    :duh:

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by femBBuser View Post
    i had the same annoying issue, i had to do quite a few battery pulls and the issue was finally fixed with a new install and not to mention the removal of the internal tools....hope this helps
    Thanks for the help and Welcome to BlackberryOS!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    well, apparently you are not alone. I Googled this error message and it led me to a post on CB reporting the same thing. Sorry though...no solutions suggested or posted anywhere I looked.
    Last edited by toytooii; 09-09-2009 at 02:09 PM.

PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    well, apparently you are not alone. I Googled this error message and it led me to a post on CB reporting the same thing. Sorry though...no solutions suggested or posted anywhere I looked.
    Thanks Toy... glad to know I am not crazy (contrary to what my wife says)... I reloaded my OS last night and still have the same problem.. It's nuts, like I said
    it just started yesterday.... :crazy:

PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Go into options and scroll through everything and tell me if you notice anything missing... I ran into the same problem with shrink. I kept losing the memory options... Have you messed with anything else besides shrink?
    Hey Jason - nope the only thing I messed with was shrink.. Like I said in the initial post I've been running 5.0.0.140 since it came out with little to no problems, yesterday out of the blue I started getting virtual keyboard errors...

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Toy... glad to know I am not crazy (contrary to what my wife says)... I reloaded my OS last night and still have the same problem.. It's nuts, like I said
    it just started yesterday.... :crazy:
    Yeah, the 5.0 OS leaks have demonstrated some interesting features that will hopefully come out in a stable release one day. But for now, given the annoying bugs in both .140 and .191, I've been using BBCM V 8.5 and am very satisfied.

EDIT: I wonder if it's at all possible that you've developed a hardware problem in your screen...just a speculation. I'm clueless as to why this would suddenly start. You might want to revert to the official .148 release and see if you still have the issue...that would tend to suggest a hardware problem. Good luck.
    Last edited by toytooii; 09-09-2009 at 02:18 PM.

PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Yeah, the 5.0 OS leaks have demonstrated some interesting features that will hopefully come out in a stable release one day. But for now, given the annoying bugs in both .140 and .191, I've been using BBCM V 8.5 and am very satisfied.
    yeah this one is really bothering me the past two days, my usual stable STORM has been very unstable. May have to d/l a different OS/Hybrid this evening and see what happens... Thanks for the info appreciate it.

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah this one is really bothering me the past two days, my usual stable STORM has been very unstable. May have to d/l a different OS/Hybrid this evening and see what happens... Thanks for the info appreciate it.
    I posted the 191 megadownload above....but you will not have cam/vid. There is also the OOAKDPC/Lyric Hybrid that is in the Beta phase. It has some quirks, but atleast you will be running a 5.0.140 base.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast