BBSAK 1.5 3rd Party Restore Problem
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: BBSAK 1.5 3rd Party Restore Problem

  1. #1
    terribL_T's Avatar
    terribL_T is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow terribL_T On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Latest & Greatest
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times

    BBSAK 1.5 3rd Party Restore Problem

    the Old restore apps button isn't present on version 1.5 so what's the easiest way to restore your third party apps after BBSaK backup?




  2. #2
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    You need press install .cod. from there go into your bbsak folder (on your computer) and find the programs you are looking to load back onto your phone. One of them which will be .alx can be installed via DM and you will not have to install each .cod seperately.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  3. #3
    terribL_T's Avatar
    terribL_T is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow terribL_T On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Latest & Greatest
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah that's what I tried one at a time is a pia and loading the .alx file through DM is taking longer than it did to load the OS on the phone.

  4. #4
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Well the .alx will be loading all of your applications, themes and whatever you may have stored on your computer. Just be patient I know the load time can seem excessively long, but it will be well worth it. Installing the .cod, one by one is a pain.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  5. #5
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    All you need to do is use loader.exe or DM to restore the backup created by BBSAK1.5. The backup folder is located in the BBSAK folder in program files on your PC. I always move the backup folder to the desktop in which case loader or DM recognize it automatically and populate your app list during installation. Loading them via BBSAK is too much trouble even when the restore apps button is present since doing it like I do it allows it to be done as part of the OS upgrade/downgrade. Hope this helps

  6. #6
    wowthatisrandom's Avatar
    wowthatisrandom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    All you need to do is use loader.exe or DM to restore the backup created by BBSAK1.5. The backup folder is located in the BBSAK folder in program files on your PC. I always move the backup folder to the desktop in which case loader or DM recognize it automatically and populate your app list during installation. Loading them via BBSAK is too much trouble even when the restore apps button is present since doing it like I do it allows it to be done as part of the OS upgrade/downgrade. Hope this helps
    im glad someone understood what we were trying to accomplish :1244: install it all at 1 time!

    isntalling alx takes different time periods depending on the amount of apps your installing but either way it should never take as long as the OS

  7. #7
    mickrg123's Avatar
    mickrg123 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0 HYBRID
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    0 times
    What was the reason to take the restore button away?

  8. #8
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mickrg123 View Post
    What was the reason to take the restore button away?
    It became a redundant options. Since the backup now creates an ALX files, you can use the Load OS button to launch app loader and use that restore the ALX file.

  9. #9
    terribL_T's Avatar
    terribL_T is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow terribL_T On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Latest & Greatest
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried loading them through DM with .alx file and after 2 hours I unplugged it. Next time I'll try app loader. Between the app store and crackberry's list of free storm apps its not that bad putting them back on.

    Getting to the alx file isn't the problem. After I select the file and open it it stays on the searching for software page forever.

  10. #10
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terribL_T View Post
    I tried loading them through DM with .alx file and after 2 hours I unplugged it. Next time I'll try app loader. Between the app store and crackberry's list of free storm apps its not that bad putting them back on.

    Getting to the alx file isn't the problem. After I select the file and open it it stays on the searching for software page forever.
    Yeah please try apploader and let us know. I haven't had any issues restoring the alx from BBSAK, but I do use loader all the time.

  11. #11
    glockguy's Avatar
    glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    Liked
    1 times
    I just upgraded my Tour to .42....

    The problem I am having is that it says that the application isn't compatible...

    a)how can I find out which application isn't compatible
    b)can .42 be that much different than .40???

    Also, some of the apps have more than one .cod file. How do I handle that?

    Is this all done with the "Install COD" feature?
    Last edited by glockguy; 09-08-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: more

  12. #12
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    I just upgraded my Tour to .42....

    The problem I am having is that it says that the application isn't compatible...

    a)how can I find out which application isn't compatible
    b)can .42 be that much different than .40???

    Also, some of the apps have more than one .cod file. How do I handle that?

    Is this all done with the "Install COD" feature?
    There should be a back up .alx file that you can load through your DM, so you do not have to put every .cod in seperately.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  13. #13
    terribL_T's Avatar
    terribL_T is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow terribL_T On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Latest & Greatest
    Posts
    107
    Liked
    0 times

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yeah please try apploader and let us know. I haven't had any issues restoring the alx from BBSAK, but I do use loader all the time.
    Hopefully we'll get another leak so I can try it out

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •